[Ext] Tab Utilities 1.5 - light but featureful

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
WHiZ

Re: [Ext] Tab Utilities 1.2 - light but featureful

Post by WHiZ »

JayhawksRock wrote:The other popular one Tab Mix Plus has the same problems. But they do have a unreleased beta version of TMP that is working.

Kindda sucks how much this update is affecting everyone, is it mainly the tab add-ons that got hit by it?

Sadly TMP conflicts with a number of other add-ons a couple of which i happen to use as well, so switching isn't really a good option for me. I'm hoping the author of of Tab Utilities can similarly come up with a good solution or a workaround for the time being.
ShanG01

Post by ShanG01 »

WHiZ wrote:
JayhawksRock wrote:The other popular one Tab Mix Plus has the same problems. But they do have a unreleased beta version of TMP that is working.

Kindda sucks how much this update is affecting everyone, is it mainly the tab add-ons that got hit by it?

Sadly TMP conflicts with a number of other add-ons a couple of which i happen to use as well, so switching isn't really a good option for me. I'm hoping the author of of Tab Utilities can similarly come up with a good solution or a workaround for the time being.

I liked TU. It made all my tabs do what I wanted: open next to the current tab. LOL And believe me, I did the about:config thing and changed the part I was told to...it didn't work. WHY does this add-on conflict with FF 17? Anyone know?
WHiZ

Post by WHiZ »

ShanG01 wrote:
WHiZ wrote:

I liked TU. It made all my tabs do what I wanted: open next to the current tab. LOL And believe me, I did the about:config thing and changed the part I was told to...it didn't work. WHY does this add-on conflict with FF 17? Anyone know?

Mainly because Mozilla changed how the javascript function sourceto works in FFs. It now returns the same result as stringto. As a result, any add-ons that used that function and are expecting it to return a certain value, are broken as it is now returning a different value.
svobodniy

Post by svobodniy »

ithinc, can you create tickets in the bugtracker to correct (return) the required functions, and we, as a grateful users of your addon, would vote for it.

P.S. Please, don't stop the project.
WHiZ

Post by WHiZ »

FF17 Incompat.. Make sure you go here and add yourself to the count of users with this problem. Maybe collectively we can get some kind of a solution in place.
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/942523?esab=a&s=&r=0&as=s
ithinc

Post by ithinc »

svobodniy wrote:ithinc, can you create tickets in the bugtracker to correct (return) the required functions, and we, as a grateful users of your addon, would vote for it.

P.S. Please, don't stop the project.

Bug 776290 is it. The project is not stopped, but just slowed down. New version won't be available soon.
travis_san

Post by travis_san »

There was a fixed TU Lite edition posted on the Chinese forums which can serve as a partial, temporary solution:

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... -customed/
svobodniy

Post by svobodniy »

ithinc wrote:Bug 776290 is it.

I voted. And I asked my community to help with the voting.

ithinc wrote:The project is not stopped, but just slowed down. New version won't be available soon.

=D> [-o<
Banditz71

Post by Banditz71 »

I voted as well.......
Richard H.
Banditz71

Post by Banditz71 »

travis_san wrote:There was a fixed TU Lite edition posted on the Chinese forums which can serve as a partial, temporary solution:

But is everything in Chinese? Appears so......... :-k
Richard H.
K4RBQT99

Post by K4RBQT99 »

Banditz71 wrote:
travis_san wrote:There was a fixed TU Lite edition posted on the Chinese forums which can serve as a partial, temporary solution:

Looking the source code it includes localizations to English and Chinese.
ShanG01

Post by ShanG01 »

K4RBQT99 wrote:
Banditz71 wrote:

Looking the source code it includes localizations to English and Chinese.

Has it been confirmed that we can use this one in English?
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

customers here were p***d off about that mentality for TU.

tmp is not quite actual, but the latest dev is working properly and that was month ago - shame shame shame on tu again - annoying

you'd better pass that project to s.o. with more time.

:evil:
BrianGilbert_

Post by BrianGilbert_ »

ShanG01 wrote:Has it been confirmed that we can use this one in English?

Yes the preferences display in english
ShanG01

Post by ShanG01 »

BrianGilbert_ wrote:
ShanG01 wrote:Has it been confirmed that we can use this one in English?

Yes the preferences display in english

Just installed the Chinese version. Seems to be working and all the dialogue boxes are in English. YAY.