[Ext] Opera Wand for Firefox - SecureLogin

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Chillax

Re: [Ext] Opera Wand for Firefox - SecureLogin

Post by Chillax »

I've been using the seamonkey compatible version from here http://xsidebar.mozdev.org/modifiedmisc ... ecurelogin for awhile now. It's has always worked with gmail but it doesn't have the 'javascript protection' fix. Though it seems to have other changes and fixes that aren't in the official AMO versions.

Add Macedonian locale from the last mozdev.org version 0.9.3.1.
Fallback to Core-DOM for accessing HTML forms. (Mozilla Bug 230214).
Recognize HTML5 input types for username.

Catch up with the toolkit LoginManager: Mozilla Bug 600551 (Password manager not working with input type=email).
Add basic support for username only forms.

Besides Seamonkey support, I'm not sure how useful the changes are but maybe Abine can include them. The patches are inside the xpi.
heynow

Post by heynow »

@Milayne,

thanks for posting about you having contacted saneyuki_s. I'm not sure, too, but he seems to be unsatisfied with the code and stuck which might prevent him from releasing it anytime soon. Maybe we should set up a connection between him and Abine?

@mantra,

the original author Sebastian Tschan stopped developing SecureLogin and his other extensions in October, 2008. He transferred responsibility to care for it to Abine. However, Sebastian still holds all copyrights and can intervene anytime. Abine will not (mis)use the extensions as a platform for advertisement.

PS: My icon also doesn't animate. Fx 17.0, standard theme, Win XP

Edit: @Chillax, "Recognize HTML5 input types for username." has been fixed as far as I understand (this is why Google didn't work). I don't know about the other things.
Win XP Home
mantra

Post by mantra »

heynow wrote:@Milayne,

thanks for posting about you having contacted saneyuki_s. I'm not sure, too, but he seems to be unsatisfied with the code and stuck which might prevent him from releasing it anytime soon. Maybe we should set up a connection between him and Abine?

@mantra,

the original author Sebastian Tschan stopped developing SecureLogin and his other extensions in October, 2008. He transferred responsibility to care for it to Abine. However, Sebastian still holds all copyrights and can intervene anytime. Abine will not (mis)use the extensions as a platform for advertisement.

PS: My icon also doesn't animate. Fx 17.0, standard theme, Win XP

Edit: @Chillax, "Recognize HTML5 input types for username." has been fixed as far as I understand (this is why Google didn't work). I don't know about the other things.

thannks! Heynow
my icon doesn't animate too
http://www.pcmech.com/article/clearing- ... he-how-to/
windows firefox 49.0.2 ,thunderbird 45.4 and under linux , firefox and thunderbird are always updated
George Yves

Post by George Yves »

Milayne wrote:
George Yves wrote:I have just updated my Secure Login to version 1.0.3 and found that they decided to play visual tricks on users. Now if the extension finds registration fields, the golden key image immediately reduces in size twice and the button is barely visible on the toolbar. And it is now pulsating in the toolbar when I move between tabs with and without registration information.
I do not have these issues with Firefox 17 (standard theme) and Secure Login 1.0.3.

George Yves wrote:I don't know what they "improved" in 1 and 2 but I think they turned things upside down.
With version 1.0.0 they just included the post-install message. With 1.0.1 they improved the post-install message code because it sometimes accidently showed more than once every update. With 1.0.2 they basically included the two fixes which we waited for so badly (login on Google and Javascript-protection).
So no reason to blame Abine.

Well, I investigated the issue and found that the latest Secure Login's improvements really influenced the view of the button. All the previous versions of the extension showed a big key in Silvermel\Charamel visual themes like all other buttons because the themes enlarge them to fit to the toolbars width. When I switched to Default theme the key and all other buttons reduced in size to fit more narrow toolbars there. But now I have the big gray (normal to my themes) and the small golden key (ubnormal for my themes but normal to the default one). After that I tried Office Black theme and saw the same "big\small key" behaviour. So I think Abine have "improved" something in Default theme that influenced other themes which use larger buttons.
May the FOSS be with you!
Milayne

Post by Milayne »

Ok, found the issue now. They have resized "login.png" from this Image to this Image. That's because since Firefox 4 all systems use small icons that are 16x16 px. Only Linux uses icons with 24x24 px as default. Before 1.0.3 the default icons SecureLogin used for Windows were 24x24 px but since the key-button is put on the toolbar with the URL-bar it resizes automatically. That is because the toolbar is too small to show 24x24 px icons.
So that's how it looks on default installations:
No issues here.

But if you put the key-button in a new toolbar you can see that it actually is bigger (24x24 px):
Your theme, George Yves, seems to support the bigger 24x24 px icons by default.

So it makes sense to resize the default size to 16x16 px. But they forgot to reduce the size of "login-disabled.png" too. In fact the whole model of how to use the toolbar buttons (state, icon-size, ...) has changed with Firefox 4. You don't need no "disabled" icons anymore since Firefox styles them by itself. Also there is no need to draw the whole button on Mac OS, like this: Image Image
You can just use the icon on transparent background and Firefox will draw the button on itself.
In fact you only need a 16×16 px icon and a 24×24 px icon. That's it. So two files against eight SecureLogin has now.

@Abine: Read this.
- https://blog.mozilla.org/addons/2010/12/02/toolbar-buttons-in-firefox-4/
- https://blog.mozilla.org/addons/2011/02/16/toolbar-buttons-firefox-4-revisited/
- https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/XUL_School/Adding_Toolbars_and_Toolbar_Buttons#Toolbar_button_icons

@George Yves: Simple fix for you.
- Type "about:support" at the URL-bar and click on the button to open your profile folder. Close Firefox now.
- In your profile folder go to "extensions" and look for the file "secureLogin@blueimp.net.xpi".
- Rename it to "secureLogin@blueimp.net.zip". Now open it with your preferred file archiver (WinRAR, 7-Zip, ...) and navigate to "chrome/skin".
- Download this. Now go to the location you saved it to and drag-n-drop it to the open window of your file archiver. Replace the old "login.png".
- Now save, close it and rename it back to "secureLogin@blueimp.net.xpi".
- Start Firefox again, then drag-n-drop the "secureLogin@blueimp.net.xpi"-file to the Firefox window and install.
- Restart Firefox and your issue should be gone. =D>
George Yves

Post by George Yves »

Milayne
Thank you for your fix. But it is not my personal issue as a lot of people use Silvermel, Charamel, Office Black and other themes with wider toolbars and bigger icons. In such themes the url-bar is much wider than in the default theme and I think your fix should end as version 1.0.4 for the extension.
May the FOSS be with you!
mantra

Post by mantra »

hi
in some case i'm logged but secure login is still yellow gold , just like to send the user and password
i use firefox 21 under w7 and xp

will be fixed ?

in some case it doesn't work like site like

Code: Select all

http://1x.com/#!/

thanks
http://www.pcmech.com/article/clearing- ... he-how-to/
windows firefox 49.0.2 ,thunderbird 45.4 and under linux , firefox and thunderbird are always updated
Benjamin Markson

Post by Benjamin Markson »

It's really good to see that someone has taken over this add-on (from Abine) and seems to be actively developing it again. Although, there does seem to be some angst over the new toolbar icons - one I share.

So, here's a hack to bring back the old icons. Firstly, you will need to grab the older 1.0.3 version and extract the two icons: login-small.png and login-small-disabled.png, and put these somewhere handy.

Then using Stylish, override the new icons with the old icons:

Code: Select all

.secureLoginButtonDisabled
    {
       list-style-image: url("file:///C:/<your path here>/login-small-disabled.png") !important;
    }
    .secureLoginButton
    {
       list-style-image: url("file:///C:/<your path here>/login-small.png") !important;
    }

Ben.
XUL is dead. Long live the Google Chrome Clones.
efox99

Post by efox99 »

Never thought I'll see the day I had to remove this addon :( It's been trouble since the newest version. It doesn't now recognize login info on Ebay.com

Also it's not multi-process approved.
Brummelchen

Post by Brummelchen »

same here a cpouple of months ago. secure login failed too much with some of the latest firefox updates and no update in sight. IMO i had to turn javascript protection on or off. a hint made me change to LogMeIn which works flawlessly.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... log-me-in/
efox99

Post by efox99 »

Welps Secure Login is now pointless thanks to Firefox 52
keithy397

Post by keithy397 »

I think the Firefox team are deliberately making great extensions more and more useless as the versions move up. The XML replacements are half as good as the originals, very disappointing. Might be time to think about moving on, and I've stuck with Firefox since 0.80.
Cheers,
Keith
efox99

Post by efox99 »

keithy397 wrote:I think the Firefox team are deliberately making great extensions more and more useless as the versions move up. The XML replacements are half as good as the originals, very disappointing. Might be time to think about moving on, and I've stuck with Firefox since 0.80.
I'm still hanging on to Firefox. But with FF 52 the new password protection addition is super cool. So that is why Secure Login extension is pointless now.
keithy397

Post by keithy397 »

efox99 wrote:
keithy397 wrote:I think the Firefox team are deliberately making great extensions more and more useless as the versions move up. The XML replacements are half as good as the originals, very disappointing. Might be time to think about moving on, and I've stuck with Firefox since 0.80.
I'm still hanging on to Firefox. But with FF 52 the new password protection addition is super cool. So that is why Secure Login extension is pointless now.
Does the new Firefox Password Protection remember all your various sites and enable the login with one click like Secure Login? If so, fair enough but if not, then it's a retrograde step isn't it? We'll have to start remembering all our passwords again.
Cheers,
Keith
efox99

Post by efox99 »

keithy397 wrote: Does the new Firefox Password Protection remember all your various sites and enable the login with one click like Secure Login? If so, fair enough but if not, then it's a retrograde step isn't it? We'll have to start remembering all our passwords again.
Actually the Secure Login stopped being fluid many months ago. :( It stopped working on Ebay for some reason. Also doesn't work smoothly on some Huddler forums. So in this case I would have to give the edge to Firefox's built in password manager even though it takes an additional click.