[Ext] Tab Utilities 1.5 - light but featureful

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
WHiZ

Re: [Ext] Tab Utilities 1.2 - light but featureful

Post by WHiZ »

Small glitch in 1.5.. When you right click on the back button, you get a history list to select from. Normal operation when you click is takes u back to that page etc. For some reason, now it pops up the menu, but when you click an item is doesn't go to that page it just does nothing.
Floyd77

Post by Floyd77 »

ithinc wrote:The new tab moving animation feature introduced in Fx17 definitely conflicts with many TU features. I have temporarily disabled it as a workaround.

It seems that you disabled the animation as well. Thanks for the fast update! =D>

WHiZ wrote:Small glitch in 1.5.. When you right click on the back button, you get a history list to select from. Normal operation when you click is takes u back to that page etc. For some reason, now it pops up the menu, but when you click an item is doesn't go to that page it just does nothing.

Fixed in 1.5pre2. Update.
Noooooo

Post by Noooooo »

Thank you very much for the update!

Bugs FF17 clean profile, TU1.5pre2 default settings
Bug 1
Start opening new tabs in order to make scroll arrows on left and right of the tab bar appear. After arrows appear, start closing the tabs - you'll see that arrows are left even if there is only one tab open. You need to keep focus on FF window all the time because arrows dissappear if you switch to another application and back to FF.

Bug 2
Start opening new tabs in order to make "List of all tabs" button appear on the right end of the tab bar. Click on "List of all tabs" button - the dropdown list has some strange grey line on the right edge.

Bug 3
Multi-row tab bar enabled

Start opening many tabs in order to make 2nd row appear. Now click with LMB on any tab in the 2nd row and try to move it to any other place in the 2nd row. You'll see that after you release the LMB this tab suddenly moves to the 1st row.

And if you try to move any tab from the 1st row the same way, that tab will be moved to the 2nd row.

Bug 4
Open any site in tab, pin this tab, click middle mouse button on it. Tab will become transparent, click RMB on it. Should this menu "Cut, Copy, Delete, New Bookmark, etc" be there?

Bug 5
Open any site in tab, pin this tab, open another tab. Click middle mouse button on tab you've just pinned. It will become transparent, now click on it with LMB - you'll see that your current tab dissapeared.

UPDATE
Bug 6
When I click on tab with LMB and start dragging it, there is no arrow that shows the future position of the tab.
fishnbird

Post by fishnbird »

ithinc wrote:
fishnbird wrote:Works great, except for tab stacking (dragToStack). I really love that feature, can you fix it? Cheers!

The new tab moving animation feature introduced in Fx17 definitely conflicts with many TU features. I have temporarily disabled it as a workaround.

I understand about disabling features until the issue can be fixed. However, since the feature is still somewhat working - see below - I'm just going to share observations, hoping that it's helpful.

I opened my firefox this afternoon, still running TU1.5pre1. I noticed that I was able to stack tabs, but only if I drop my mouse below the address bar. If I drag the tab just horizontally, the tab will only be moved but not stack. I could reproduce this behaviour ~80% of the time, so there might be something else interfering also. I'm not sure what it could have been, because then I updated to TU1.5pre2, and the behaviour changed: now I can stack tabs (regardless of the trajectory of my mouse), but moving them is difficult. The small upward arrow indicating where a tab will be moved is not there anymore (probably part of the disabled features), but if precisely pointed between 2 tabs, the dragged tab is moved. This is finicky though, and most of the time, the tab ends up being stacjed. Also, once stacked, I cannot un-stack a tab. Only way I found was to drag it down to open it in a separate window, and then drag it back to the original window. This method only works when dragging the first tab in a stack, otherwise it drags the whole window instead.

I noticed another bug with TUpre2: open enough tabs to have too many to see them all in 1 row (I don't use a 2nd row). The left/right scrolling arrows are not visible in maximized window.

Like I said: hope this helps.
ithinc

Post by ithinc »

Noooooo wrote:Bugs FF17 clean profile, TU1.5pre2 default settings
Bug 1
Start opening new tabs in order to make scroll arrows on left and right of the tab bar appear. After arrows appear, start closing the tabs - you'll see that arrows are left even if there is only one tab open. You need to keep focus on FF window all the time because arrows dissappear if you switch to another application and back to FF.

It's the "delay resizing" feature.

Noooooo wrote:Bug 2
Start opening new tabs in order to make "List of all tabs" button appear on the right end of the tab bar. Click on "List of all tabs" button - the dropdown list has some strange grey line on the right edge.

Not TU issue.

Noooooo wrote:Bug 3

Start opening many tabs in order to make 2nd row appear. Now click with LMB on any tab in the 2nd row and try to move it to any other place in the 2nd row. You'll see that after you release the LMB this tab suddenly moves to the 1st row.

And if you try to move any tab from the 1st row the same way, that tab will be moved to the 2nd row.

Confirmed, known issue.

Noooooo wrote:Bug 4
Open any site in tab, pin this tab, click middle mouse button on it. Tab will become transparent, click RMB on it. Should this menu "Cut, Copy, Delete, New Bookmark, etc" be there?

Yes.

Noooooo wrote:Bug 5
Open any site in tab, pin this tab, open another tab. Click middle mouse button on tab you've just pinned. It will become transparent, now click on it with LMB - you'll see that your current tab dissapeared.

Not reproduced.

Noooooo wrote:Bug 6
When I click on tab with LMB and start dragging it, there is no arrow that shows the future position of the tab.

Confirmed, known issue.
ithinc

Post by ithinc »

fishnbird wrote:now I can stack tabs (regardless of the trajectory of my mouse), but moving them is difficult. The small upward arrow indicating where a tab will be moved is not there anymore (probably part of the disabled features), but if precisely pointed between 2 tabs, the dragged tab is moved. This is finicky though, and most of the time, the tab ends up being stacjed. Also, once stacked, I cannot un-stack a tab. Only way I found was to drag it down to open it in a separate window, and then drag it back to the original window. This method only works when dragging the first tab in a stack, otherwise it drags the whole window instead.

The black bold outline of the target tab indicates it's a stacking, otherwise it's a move. You may unstack a tab with the tab context menu.

fishnbird wrote:I noticed another bug with TUpre2: open enough tabs to have too many to see them all in 1 row (I don't use a 2nd row). The left/right scrolling arrows are not visible in maximized window.

Not reproduced.
fishnbird

Post by fishnbird »

ithinc wrote:The black bold outline of the target tab indicates it's a stacking, otherwise it's a move. You may unstack a tab with the tab context menu.

I noticed the black bold outline. However, sometimes a tab gets stacked even though the outline is not present.

ithinc wrote:
fishnbird wrote:I noticed another bug with TUpre2: open enough tabs to have too many to see them all in 1 row (I don't use a 2nd row). The left/right scrolling arrows are not visible in maximized window.

Not reproduced.

Hmmm. I don't see this bug anymore either. :oops: Sorry about that, perhaps that restart I did solved it or I dreamed it. Anyways, not a problem anymore.

Thanks for the real quick responses!! Really appreciate it.
Noooooo

Post by Noooooo »

ithinc wrote:

Not reproduced.

Are you sure? Clean FF profile, TU1.2pre3 default settings. Tab you pin must have a site opened in it, google.com for example. Tab you open should be blank.

One more bug:
extensions.tabutils.pinTab.showPhantom=false.
Open google.com in tab, pin this tab, close this tab with middle mouse button click. Now open google.com in the only tab that is present on the tab bar. You'll see that the length of this tab was cut 50% and it is pinned (if you click with right mouse button on it you'll see that there is option to unpin tab).
ithinc

Post by ithinc »

Noooooo wrote:
ithinc wrote:

Not reproduced.

Are you sure? Clean FF profile, TU1.2pre3 default settings. Tab you pin must have a site opened in it, google.com for example. Tab you open should be blank.

So you meant new blank tab. That's by design.

Noooooo wrote:One more bug:
Open google.com in tab, pin this tab, close this tab with middle mouse button click. Now open google.com in the only tab that is present on the tab bar. You'll see that the length of this tab was cut 50% and it is pinned (if you click with right mouse button on it you'll see that there is option to unpin tab).

Confirmed, thanks. This was introduced by 1.5pre2.
K4RBQT99

Post by K4RBQT99 »

Glad to see that TU still lives. Thanks, ithinc.

Having Focus new tabs from: Duplicate Tab no checked, if I use Duplicate tab from the tab context menu, the new tab is open in background unloaded. Unexpected. A bug? EDIT: I see that it's a Fx behaviour (using shift + middle click on the reload toolbar button). Oh, well.

EDIT: I see the next message in the Error console at startup. Maybe harmless, tabs in titlebar isn't supported by Fx in linux:

Code: Select all

Error: Failed to hook TabsInTitlebar._update: TabsInTitlebar._update is not a function
File: chrome://tabutils/content/tulib.js
Line: 23
ithinc

Post by ithinc »

K4RBQT99 wrote:Having Focus new tabs from: Duplicate Tab no checked, if I use Duplicate tab from the tab context menu, the new tab is open in background unloaded. Unexpected. A bug? EDIT: I see that it's a Fx behaviour (using shift + middle click on the reload toolbar button). Oh, well.

It's controlled by "Don't load tabs until selected" option, so no problem.

K4RBQT99 wrote:EDIT: I see the next message in the Error console at startup. Maybe harmless, tabs in titlebar isn't supported by Fx in linux:

Error: Failed to hook TabsInTitlebar._update: TabsInTitlebar._update is not a function

Yes, it's harmless here, but another practical error will happen when changing tab bar position. I'll fix it.
Diamanti

Post by Diamanti »

Double click on tab not close it.
ithinc

Post by ithinc »

Diamanti wrote:Double click on tab not close it.

Not reproduced.
ithinc

Post by ithinc »

Version 1.5pre4 is released.

fishnbird wrote:Works great, except for tab stacking (dragToStack). I really love that feature, can you fix it? Cheers!

Noooooo wrote:Bug 3

Noooooo wrote:Bug 6

Noooooo wrote:One more bug:

K4RBQT99 wrote:EDIT: I see the next message in the Error console at startup. Maybe harmless, tabs in titlebar isn't supported by Fx in linux:

All fixed in 1.5pre4.
K4RBQT99

Post by K4RBQT99 »

ithinc wrote:

All fixed in 1.5pre4.

I still see it at startup with TU 1.5