PostBox Support and Font Size

User Help for Mozilla Thunderbird
jage

PostBox Support and Font Size

Post by jage »

Recently upgraded from PostboxExpress to PostBox 3.0.6

I cannot read the message pane, thread list, nor folder list. I have my font set to "large" which is 14pt, which is pathetic for a 1920x resolution. Apparently it ignores windows accessibility settings (Win7) and browser style font sizing (CTRL++) only affects the message pane.

Seems like you used to be able to modify a CSS, but there are no longer .css files in the profile.

This is really annoying, PostBox works like I want it to (unlike Thunderbird which I loathe...) and there doesn't seem to be any support avenues, not even a user forum (apart from here which they suggest on the support page as a last option, yet have no support contact).

So: how do I fix the tiny font problem in these panes?

Or: where do I go for support?
LoudNoise

Re: PostBox Support and Font Size

Post by LoudNoise »

Moving to Tb support.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

Postbox seems to have abandoned all of their support forums/channels. You are welcome to ask for help here, but need to keep in mind that most people trying to help you know nothing about Postbox and will give you generic Thunderbird help.

Thunderbird supports a optional userChrome.css file in the optional chrome directory in the profile. I'd expect that to still work with Postbox. They probably just don't provide a empty placeholder userChrome.css file. See http://kb.mozillazine.org/UserChrome.css

See http://kb.mozillazine.org/Bad_Eyesight_-_Thunderbird for some suggestions on how to change the font in windows/menus other than the message windows.

"I cannot read the message pane, thread list, nor folder list."
Please elaborate. Are they missing or are they empty or is the font just too small?
jage

Post by jage »

tanstaafl wrote:"I cannot read the message pane, thread list, nor folder list."
Please elaborate. Are they missing or are they empty or is the font just too small?

Font is too small, the "settings" they put in only go to 14pt (10,12 or 14) and there is no support for Windows accessibility (fonts at 150%), so it's true 14pt not 14pt at 150%. The freeware/trial (1.0) was based on CSS like thunderbird, but they seemed to have moved away from CSS files along with moving away from support and moving away from being a free app. Too bad, it should have had potential.
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

I can find threads such as http://support.postbox-inc.com/entries/ ... ostbox-1-x for Postbox 1.x in their KB articles but nothing recent. However, the yahoo group thread at http://tech.groups.yahoo.com/group/post ... /message/2 thread (Jan 2, 2012) claims its still supported.

"The file must be named userChrome.css and must be in a folder named chrome in the profile directory. The directory probably does not exist and you'll need to set it up. Your profile has a directory with a name something such as something.default."
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

What is the problem with Thunderbird that you loathe it? Perhaps somebody can help you workaround those features.
jage

Post by jage »

Thanks tanstaafl, but I tried that and it did not work with the paid version (3.0.6)... will check out the yahoo forum.
jage

Post by jage »

tanstaafl wrote:What is the problem with Thunderbird that you loathe it? Perhaps somebody can help you workaround those features.

I had to touch everything and couldn't easily write rules to handle mail. Basically overwhelmed with junk. On top of that, the interface. Believe me I tried. When it stripped all my emails out of my mail account one day, that was the straw that broke the camel's back. I've been a web programmer for some odd years, so it wasn't lack of customization or ignorance or anything.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

I notice that you are using a testing release of Firefox. Were you using the stable release of Thunderbird?
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."