12/05 Nightly...

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
Eek2121

12/05 Nightly...

Post by Eek2121 »

Is it just me or does the latest nightly seem MUCH faster then previous builds? More complicated pages that used to take a bit to render now render almost instantly.

Download size is down to 6.1 mb as well.
old Neil Parks

Post by old Neil Parks »

Don't know if you're in the same time zone I am, but your msg was posted at 3 AM eastern standard time.

I find the internet to be faster at that hour. (Probably fewer connections to my local ISP.)
wnknisely

Re: 12/05 Nightly...

Post by wnknisely »

Eek2121 wrote:Is it just me or does the latest nightly seem MUCH faster then previous builds? More complicated pages that used to take a bit to render now render almost instantly.

I'm seeing the same thing.

NICE.

Could it because of the fix checked in on Wed that allows for the use of Native Widgets in Windows?
Nick+
asa

Post by asa »

wnknisely wrote:
Eek2121 wrote:Is it just me or does the latest nightly seem MUCH faster then previous builds? More complicated pages that used to take a bit to render now render almost instantly.

I'm seeing the same thing.

NICE.

Could it because of the fix checked in on Wed that allows for the use of Native Widgets in Windows?

Not native widgets. Our widgets are still XML, JS, XBL (read XUL). We pick up style hints from the OS but they're still XUL.

--Asa
alanjstr

Post by alanjstr »

Download size is down to 6.1 mb as well.

Is it just me, or do we see the same kind of post every other day. Face it, people, Phonix will continue to get faster and smaller. Enjoy it.