Camino problem w. facebook? No "Like" and comments possible

Talk about the native Mac OS X browser.

Moderator: Camino Developers

Chef

Camino problem w. facebook? No "Like" and comments possible

Post by Chef »

From today on, it's no more possible for me to give a "Like" or comment on facebook.
I can click on "Like" but nothing happens. I can write comments, but when trying to sent them, also nothing happens.
Everything works fine with Safari.
jetking

Re: Camino problem w. facebook? No "Like" and comments possi

Post by jetking »

I am experiencing the same problem. I'm considering it a subtle suggestion from the universe to stop using Facebook. But seriously, I hate to see Camino's usability/utility degrading. Any chance of a fix?
cflawson
Location: Flying over your house in a red, white, and blue jet

Post by cflawson »

My contact at Facebook knows about the problem and is looking into it.

cl
upkeep

Post by upkeep »

cflawson wrote:My contact at Facebook knows about the problem and is looking into it.

cl

I certainly hope there is something that can be done. I ran into this issue yesterday and thought it was totally the end of my days with Camino. Funny, on my G4 iBook Safari 4.1.3 worked perfectly well in the FB realm. As you can see, I've switched in 'TenFourFox', but it would be nice to return to Camino.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed your contact has influence.
oldmac

Post by oldmac »

me too - I love Camino - it works well on my ancient macbook 10.4 but no longer with FB - hope it can be fixed !
Thingmaker

Post by Thingmaker »

Yes, I'm experiencing the same problem. In addition to being unable to Like anything, and unable to respond to ANY comments anywhere on Facebook, you also cannot approve comments to a Page you manage. I'm sure there are other problems, too. And for reference, this started on Dec 12th.

I do prefer Camino to other browsers as it's faster and I like how you can control pages opening in new windows, which you cannot do on other browsers in the same way. So I hope this issue is fixed as I'd hate to have to move to another browser that doesn't behave as I want.
Sean
upkeep

Post by upkeep »

Thingmaker wrote:Yes, I'm experiencing the same problem. In addition to being unable to Like anything, and unable to respond to ANY comments anywhere on Facebook, you also cannot approve comments to a Page you manage. I'm sure there are other problems, too. And for reference, this started on Dec 12th.

I do prefer Camino to other browsers as it's faster and I like how you can control pages opening in new windows, which you cannot do on other browsers in the same way. So I hope this issue is fixed as I'd hate to have to move to another browser that doesn't behave as I want.
Sean

And probably at either 12:00pm or am.
oldmac

Post by oldmac »

The problem seems to be fixed now - I was just able to "like" , comment and send messages.
Thankyou ! Much Appreciated !!
upkeep

Post by upkeep »

Oh, that is good news indeed. Back to Camino 2.1.2 for me then.
jetking

Post by jetking »

Glad to see this got fixed! Thanks to cflawson's contact if that was the nudge that took care of things.
upkeep

Post by upkeep »

Yes, it has been nice to return to Camino 2.1.2, as the G4 7450 version of TenFourFox 17.0.1 for my 12" PowerBook was sluggish in loading pages, etc. Regrettably, I may have to return there some day, but for now it is clear sailing.

(Where ARE my manners??)

And a very sincere 'thank you' to cflawson for bringing this to the attention of the FB people.
potatis

Post by potatis »

It doesn't seem to work uploading pictures on Facebook either? (using MacOS 10.4)