Waterfox v.16 issues.

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
VIKINGS

Waterfox v.16 issues.

Post by VIKINGS »

I really hope someone here can help, I have 2 problems with the new version of waterfox as you can see in the image at the end of this post.
First I wanna be able to drag my tabs toolbar back below all the other toolbars as you can see I had it in the old version.
Second, for some reason, this version won't group it's icon in the windows 7 taskbar, when I click it it adds a new icon at the end as you can see in the pic which makes it very fustrating and confusing. If these issues can't be fixed please let me know and I'll revert back to the old version or just find another browser, altough I really hope I won't have to do eighter. I really wish these people(waterfox, youtube, google, imbd, etc...) would learn the proverb already "If it ain't broken, don't fix it!!!!!!"
Thank you. http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/191/waterfox.jpg/
Last edited by smsmith on December 14th, 2012, 9:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: edited for language - smsmith/moderator
smsmith

Re: Waterfox v.16 issues.

Post by smsmith »

For moving the tabs to the bottom, type about:config into address bar and hit enter. Then find this preference and double click it to change it to FALSE: browser.tabs.onTop

For the second problem, unpin the icon you already have pinned to the taskbar, start Waterfox and then repin the icon that appears on the taskbar.

And watch your language, please. This is a family forum, which is also in no way associated with Mozilla.
http://www.mozillazine.org/about/
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
VIKINGS

Post by VIKINGS »

Cool, it worked!! Love you mate, thank you very much.^^
Sorry for the language, it just gets extremely iritating after a while, and honestly I just can't wrap my head around it, why why oh why do developers do this?!... Don't they realize that their fans after having used their site/software for a long while become very attached to how it looks/works and get upset at the slightest change? Specially if it all works fine, I could probably understand if something was broken but like this... just because you think the new thing is prettier/better doesn't mean the next 1 million people you ask will agree with you...
Eh, sorry for the rant, had to get it of my chest, thank you again, merry xmas and a very happy new year!
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

I'm glad you've got your problems sorted.

As far as tabs on bottom goes, they are aggressively trying to remove the option. On a new profile/install, the option isn't available unless you go through about:config. If you had an existing profile with tabs on the bottom, you have the option to move them to the top and then back down. Unless you restart with tabs on top, then the option gets removed and you have to go through about:config. I'm not entirely sure of the rationale, but it has something to do with them believing it makes more sense, because the toolbar then seems to mean more that you are going to be affecting the selected tab. If the tabs are below the toolbars, for some reason they think people believe the toolbar is more global. Something like that. At least that was the rationale they gave for Thunderbird.

And a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you, as well.
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.