GOOGLE MAPS link

Talk about the native Mac OS X browser.

Moderator: Camino Developers

skykingj45

GOOGLE MAPS link

Post by skykingj45 »

Hello. I've notice lately that when I click on my Google Maps link in my Camino tool bar, it brings up something that refers to Wikimedia Foundation ("Domain not configured
This domain points to a Wikimedia Foundation server, but is not configured on this server. That’s all we know.")
and nothing to do with Google Maps. Yet when I use Safari and Firefox, it comes up normally as a Google Map link. Any ideas on this?
Thanks and Seasons Greetings.
cflawson
Location: Flying over your house in a red, white, and blue jet

Re: GOOGLE MAPS link

Post by cflawson »

What URL is that bookmark pointing to?

cl
skykingj45

Post by skykingj45 »

Sorry, I'm not really sure what you are asking. The url is http://maps.google.com/ . When I put that url into Safari or Firefox it takes me to the Google Map page but in Camino it does
what I indicated previously. Thanks for your help. Let me know if I can supply something else that may help.
cflawson

Post by cflawson »

That isn't happening here. I just checked and it loads normally.

Any chance you can try on a different Internet connection? Or even with a different OS X user account?

cl
skykingj45

Post by skykingj45 »

Thanks very much cf lawson REALLY appreciate your assistance--now the strange part.....I now am able to open the link properly for some reason or another. I first tried clicking on the link in this forum that I sent you and it worked perfectly, then I went back to my Camino browser and clicked on the link I had there and it is working there also. I have no idea what has cleared it up, maybe cflawson magic!
Seasons Greetings and many thanks for all your assistance on Camino.
cflawson

Post by cflawson »

It sounds like it was some transient problem with the server you were getting routed to. In the future, try clearing your Google cookies if you see something like this happen again.

cl
skykingj45

Post by skykingj45 »

Okay, thanks.