Text issues in Firefox

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Jn Ny

Text issues in Firefox

Post by Jn Ny »

Hi,

Today I logged into my gmail account and found that all the text within it - the inbox, within email bodies, menus, etc - is all very 'light' looking, as if its low-res, with the letters sort of broken up. It sort of looks like how some text would look if it's within a low-res jpeg image and zoomed in a bit too much. Seems to be the same in facebook, although not quite as bad. I've looked at the same pages using Internet Explorer and the text is as crisp and defined as it should be.

Any ideas on what this might be and how I can fix it?

Cheers,
John
lucasbytegenius

Re: Text issues in Firefox

Post by lucasbytegenius »

Try disabling hardware acceleration.
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

lucasbytegenius wrote:Try disabling hardware acceleration.

Found in Tools/Options... Advanced Tab and then the General Tab... untic the box.
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
Pinkraynedrop

Post by Pinkraynedrop »

I have the same problem since 'upgrading' to FF18. Only problem is that I already had the option disabled & it still does it. It's FF problem with some sites I'm assuming.

Enough to make me go elsewhere.
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

No issues here with any of the sites I visit... you might want to clear your cache to see how it goes...
From a prior post from Dan Raisch (with minor changes) ...

Clear the browser cache (Tools->Clear Recent History->select cache->click on "Clear Now" button).

(If using Firefox 3.5.(or above) use menu path Tools->Options->Advanced->Network tab->click on "Clear Now" button.)

Delete any cookies relating to the site(s) involved (Tools->Options->Privacy->Show Cookies button).

Note: The above is for Windows so if you're using a different OS refer to this...
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Menu_differen ... x,_and_Mac
Pinkraynedrop

Post by Pinkraynedrop »

dfoulkes wrote:No issues here with any of the sites I visit... you might want to clear your cache to see how it goes...
From a prior post from Dan Raisch (with minor changes) ...

Clear the browser cache (Tools->Clear Recent History->select cache->click on "Clear Now" button).

(If using Firefox 3.5.(or above) use menu path Tools->Options->Advanced->Network tab->click on "Clear Now" button.)

Delete any cookies relating to the site(s) involved (Tools->Options->Privacy->Show Cookies button).

Note: The above is for Windows so if you're using a different OS refer to this...
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Menu_differen ... x,_and_Mac

I've already done that, for a separate reason totally. The text issue seems to go on & off all the time. I hate FF18 already.... it's like FF16 for me. I'm going back to 17.
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

I'm going back to 17.

OK....