Someone who does not understand a lot of things

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
tablo

Someone who does not understand a lot of things

Post by tablo »

No. But the speed is available in the tooltip of the status line (below the progress bar).

And the tooltip doesn't auto-update either. Wow, I thought you guys would've got this right after many times of pulling the feature in and out.
LoudNoise

Re: Someone who does not understand a lot things

Post by LoudNoise »

We are not Mozilla but rather a user to user forum. If you want to try to be insultingly clever please go to the official Mozilla sites.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
malliz
Folder@Home

Re: Someone who does not understand a lot things

Post by malliz »

First up you fail to understand that we are not Mozilla
http://www.mozillazine.org/about/
On the odd occasion a Mozilla Dev may stop by but other than for testing nightly builds and reporting bugs we don't hack code or work for Mozilla.
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
Bluefang

Re: Someone who does not understand a lot of things

Post by Bluefang »

There's already a bug that covers this.

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=812894

Don't comment there. It's not a discussion, and your attitude will probably get you kicked pretty quick.

And if you don't like dealing with bugs, don't use development versions of software.
There have always been ghosts in the machine... random segments of code that have grouped together to form unexpected protocols. Unanticipated, these free radicals engender questions of free will, creativity, and even the nature of what we might call the soul...
tablo

Post by tablo »

Maybe I was a bit unclear on the addressing of people then. Wow, way to spin-off a comment into a thread to try to poke fun at me. That was completely unnecessary.
Bluefang wrote:There's already a bug that covers this.

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=812894

Don't comment there. It's not a discussion, and your attitude will probably get you kicked pretty quick.

And if you don't like dealing with bugs, don't use development versions of software.

And what made you think I would write comments in bugzilla just for the sake of complaining? Do you just assume anyone who isn't on top of all the build changes is a "newbie"?

TheVisitor wrote:
tablo wrote:Maybe I was a bit unclear on the addressing then. Wow, way to spin-off a comment into a thread to try to poke fun at me.

The download speed/progress bar is not in the 'tooltip' , you have to click on the download icon to see the speed of download.

I know it's in the tooltip of each download.
Last edited by tablo on January 20th, 2013, 2:20 pm, edited 5 times in total.
TheVisitor

Post by TheVisitor »

tablo wrote:Maybe I was a bit unclear on the addressing then. Wow, way to spin-off a comment into a thread to try to poke fun at me.

The download speed/progress bar is not in the 'tooltip' , you have to click on the download icon to see the speed of download.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

tablo wrote:Maybe I was a bit unclear on the addressing of people then. Wow, way to spin-off a comment into a thread to try to poke fun at me.

No problem.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
Bluefang

Post by Bluefang »

tablo wrote:And what made you think I would write comments in bugzilla just for the sake of complaining? Do you just assume anyone who isn't on top of all the build changes is a "newbie"?

Because a lot of people do, especially when they feel they have a bone to pick. The warning wasn't just for you, but anyone who views this topic. Such warnings often accompany links to BugZilla, so you're not the first and won't be the last.

Wow, way to spin-off a comment into a thread to try to poke fun at me.

If you don't want to be treated as a child, don't act like one. And since you [essentially] already called me an idiot, I don't feel bad about doing so.

TheVisitor wrote:The download speed/progress bar is not in the 'tooltip' , you have to click on the download icon to see the speed of download.

I wasn't talking about the toolbar button tooltio. If you open the download panel, it's in the tooltip for each status line (below each progress bar).
There have always been ghosts in the machine... random segments of code that have grouped together to form unexpected protocols. Unanticipated, these free radicals engender questions of free will, creativity, and even the nature of what we might call the soul...