Adobe Flash Player Experiences 100% CPU Usage

Discussion of bugs in Mozilla Firefox
James

Re: Adobe Flash Player Experiences 100% CPU Usage

Post by James »

dj christian wrote:But why aren't i experiencing this on neither Chrome nor IE? With high cpu-usage? It's that damn plugin container i would say.

Try it for yourself, here's the site

FEBER.se

IE uses the ActiveX version of Flash and Chrome is bundled with its own Flash though it can use the same other version that Firefox uses if one in Chrome is disabled however the protected mode Adobe added as of 11.3 and on only works on Firefox and has been causing problems at times ever since.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

dj christian wrote:Try it for yourself, here's the site

FEBER.se

Works fine here. Shame on you! [-X
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
klappa

Post by klappa »

Frank Lion wrote:
dj christian wrote:Try it for yourself, here's the site

FEBER.se

Works fine here. Shame on you! [-X

Try to update or restart FF once in a while sooner or later the cpu-usage will go sky high if you browse that site. It could very well be adobes fault here but i don't like the plugin container at all, worked much better before it was introduced. Will have to go legacy again by disabling it.

Don't have problem with memory leakage, even though sometimes it will eat quite a bit.

Regarding cpu-usage Chrome is doing alot better here..
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

Chrome and IE use different versions of Flash than Firefox does even so you read reports of problems with Flash and Chrome all the time as well
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
Warbabies

Post by Warbabies »

I was having the same problem with 100% CPU usage with an older laptop I have. The cure I found was Firefox version 3.6 and Adobe Flash Player 10.2.152.32 which you can get from Adobe's archives. Be sure to uninstall any current version you have with their uninstaller then run flashplayer_10_2r152_32_win.exe from the archive zip file. I went from a 100% CPU rate on I game I play down to an average of 40-60%. I dont know if that will fix all problems and I am not sure what security gaps and lack of new content I am not able to use, but for now I have no complaints. The two versions seem to work well together and if you dont mind running older programs it might fix yours as well. They dont build them like they used to.
mightyglydd

Post by mightyglydd »

Warbabies wrote: The cure I found was Firefox version 3.6.... I am not sure what security gaps...

#KeepFightingMichael and Alex.
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

Warbabies wrote:The cure I found was Firefox version 3.6 and Adobe Flash Player 10.2.152.32

I think it's great you found a solution that works for you, but please don't post this kind of advice. Downgrading to a Firefox version that hasn't seen and never will see another security update in a year(s) is just bad. And then to couple it with an old version of Flash is just asking for more trouble. Around here, we'd much rather find the cause of the problem and solve it then go back versions.
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
James

Post by James »

smsmith wrote:
Warbabies wrote:The cure I found was Firefox version 3.6 and Adobe Flash Player 10.2.152.32
Downgrading to a Firefox version that hasn't seen and never will see another security update in a year(s) is just bad.
It will be two years in mid March for the old 3.6.28.
smsmith

Post by smsmith »

Thanks, James. This rapid release cycle has got me turned upside down trying to remember how old 4.x is, let alone 3.6. :D
Give a man a fish, and he eats for a day. Teach a man to fish, and he eats for a lifetime.
I like poetry, long walks on the beach and poking dead things with a stick.
Please do not PM me for personal support. Keep posts here in the Forums instead and we all learn.
James

Post by James »

smsmith wrote:Thanks, James. This rapid release cycle has got me turned upside down trying to remember how old 4.x is, let alone 3.6. :D

Will be almost one year for 3.6.28 actually (March 13th, 2012) as it was Firefox 4.0 that came out March 22nd, 2011. The 3.6 came out January 21st, 2010. #-o