Anti Virus Protection

Discuss various technical topics not related to Mozilla.
vazhavandan

Re: Anti Virus Protection

Post by vazhavandan »

patrickjdempsey wrote:Good for you... still there on Firefox. :P

Mozilla should publish the sites that doesn't follow standard and start a campaign :-)
patrickjdempsey

Post by patrickjdempsey »

Standard for what? Not distributing viruses is already a "standard", it's called, "the law".
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
condorito

Post by condorito »

RNiK wrote:
KWierso wrote:I'm a fan of Microsoft Security Essentials.

+1 ;)

Same.
So the maples formed a union, and demanded equal rights. The oaks are just too greedy, we will make them give us light.
Morten79

Post by Morten79 »

I have been using Norton Internet Security for the past two years and before that I was a big fan of Kaspersky. For two years ago I tried too upgrade too the then new Kaspersky Internet Security 2010 but sadly my PC was not power full enough. Norton uses much less resources and NIS also has a very good firewall.

Imo Avast is the best freeware anti-virus program and many of my friends have been using is for years without any issues. I only use Norton because I need too have a very high security level on my old PC and Norton has it all in one suite simple and easy. If money isn't an issue I highly recommend Norton Internet Security 2012. Imo it's very simple and a very power full protection suite (anti-virus, firewall, web protection and analyzing). I know that this program has saved my ass at least ten times when I was browsing some spooky sites :)
vazhavandan

Post by vazhavandan »

Morten79 wrote:Imo Avast is the best freeware anti-virus program and many of my friends have been using is for years without any issues.

Avast sandbox is cool
condorito

Post by condorito »

Does it still come skinned?
So the maples formed a union, and demanded equal rights. The oaks are just too greedy, we will make them give us light.
Omega X

Post by Omega X »

=Loungefly=

Post by =Loungefly= »

I've been using Avast free for a few years now with just the web shield and file shield enabled. I've never had any issues with it and there hasn't been any noticeable impact on the speed of my pc. I found Avira free to be really good as well. The nag screen that pops up in Avira is the only thing that has kept me from using it as my default AV
vazhavandan

Post by vazhavandan »

=Loungefly= wrote:I've been using Avast free for a few years now with just the web shield and file shield enabled.

you should also keep your browsers sandboxed using Avast.
Omega X

Post by Omega X »

Sorry to keep beating a dead horse but: http://securitywatch.pcmag.com/none/307 ... virus-test
_Alexander

Post by _Alexander »

None.
http://magneticpudding.com/ <- My Blog
i5 3570k @ 4.5 Ghz / NV 660 / 32GB DDR3 / 1080p LCD / SSD (120 + 180) / W8 ||| Atom N270 / NV ION / 3GB DDR3 / SSD / 1366x768 / W8
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

KIS for the machines near and dear to my heart. Eset for machines that tests our product before it goes out the door. Avast on our demo machines. MSE on the machine that hosts our in house wiki.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
Omega X

Post by Omega X »

Bitdefender was giving away a free 1 year subscription to their Internet AV suite for winning the AV 2012 test. The interface seems basic but it hasn't impacted my machine sofar.
kevin.richards

Post by kevin.richards »

KWierso wrote:I'm a fan of Microsoft Security Essentials.
=D> .. The only best experience I have with any anti-virus is Microsoft Security Essentials. I have used most of the free Anti-virus programs but sooner or later they starts having problems with the system.
LIMPET235

Post by LIMPET235 »

Kevin,
Please do not reply to these old threads.

Locking.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)