[Ext] LiveClick 0.3.7.0 (2010 April 25)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Ngamer01

Re: [Ext] LiveClick 0.3.7.0 (2010 April 25)

Post by Ngamer01 »

em28 wrote:Did u checked the link before you posted it ? :-k
The development of LiveClick seem to be over.

Rude. Of course I checked the link before posting. Run along now if all you're gonna do is whine, complain, and spread FUD.

Remember LiveClick development depends on Firefox development, so if Mozilla is doing something like removing Live Bookmarks or changing Library interface names, of course it's going to affect LiveClick and possibly cause a delay in updates. Also sometimes real life can interfere in Firefox development. Things like broken computers, real life jobs, illnesses, injuries, legal matters, etc. can always affect Firefox development.

If you've run out of patience to wait, install something else or move along now. Attacking people trying to help you or complaining "LiveClick is dead!" won't get you anything as it does nothing productive or helpful.
Chillax

Post by Chillax »

I just got an update to 5.0.0 beta 4 in the addon manager. Confirmed working again in the latest Firefox 21 nightlies. That's at least 3 more versions where Liveclick will continue living on :)

Grab it here https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... /versions/ or at projects.protej.com/downloads/liveclick-0.5.0.0b4.xpi

There's no update on the dev's website though, dude like's to keep it on the down low. I think he should at least say hi sometimes so we know he ain't dead.
Protocol

Post by Protocol »

Thanks for that, Chillax.
em28

Post by em28 »

Good news.
I tested the b4 version on FF18, FF19 beta & FF20 Aurora.

It works fine on the FF18 version and on Aurora version,
but there are some wired behavior on FF beta version.

Seem to be a bug on the LiveClick history mechanism so there are no new items notification,
nor on the bookmark design nor on the folder design.

After restarting a non-beta FF version all live bookmarks mark as normal (not new).
Chillax

Post by Chillax »

em28 wrote:Seem to be a bug on the LiveClick history mechanism so there are no new items notification,
nor on the bookmark design nor on the folder design.

Yes, I encounter this bug sometimes after upgrading or downgrading through firefox versions on the same profile. Workaround that works for me is to clear live bookmarks history or deleting liveclick.sqlite and then going into options to change one thing which sorta reinstates liveclicks configuration, then restart browser and all should work again.
em28

Post by em28 »

LiveClick is not dead !!
The developer is back on business !

u can read it all here: http://goo.gl/kDnyk

the bottom line is:
Look for LiveClick 0.5.0.0b5 very soon and hopefully an official release shortly thereafter, barring any major bugs.
Thanks again for your continued support!
em28

Post by em28 »

Open Beta: LiveClick 1.0.0:
The developer has released a new beta version that supposed to support FF17+.
http://projects.protej.com/index.php/li ... oject+Page

BUT, the new version didn't worked for me on Aurora 20.

I stick with the b5 version, it works fine.
custom.firefox.lady

Post by custom.firefox.lady »

Hmmm, seems fine for me on Aurora (I mostly use only LiveClick's most basic features though.)