Firefox screen goes completely black

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
docfxit

Firefox screen goes completely black

Post by docfxit »

When I View Page in IE Tab while on any Firefox page the screen goes all black.

I'm using IE Tab 2.0.20120203 in Firefox 18.01 with IE 8

How can I fix it so it doesn't give me a black screen?

Thanks,

Docfxit
dfoulkes

Re: Firefox screen goes completely black

Post by dfoulkes »

There's another IE tab related extension out there that may be better for you...
IE Tab + (FF 8+, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3.6, 3.5, SeaMonkey) :: Add-ons for Firefox

Other than that... this is the support site... though it has the older version as part of its title...
[Ext] IE Tab 1.5 • mozillaZine Forums
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
docfxit

Post by docfxit »

dfoulkes wrote:There's another IE tab related extension out there that may be better for you...
IE Tab + (FF 8+, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3.6, 3.5, SeaMonkey) :: Add-ons for Firefox

Other than that... this is the support site... though it has the older version as part of its title...
[Ext] IE Tab 1.5 • mozillaZine Forums

Thank you for the reply...

I tried the other version IE Tab +
I had the same results.

I originally posted this problem on that web site. I was told I might have better luck here. You will find I have the same question posted there.

Thanks for the information. I hope someone sheds some light on one of the threads.

Docfxit
dfoulkes

Post by dfoulkes »

AFAIK ... those IE tab related extensions "call" on IE to open and go to a link and then I guess the extension pulls that over into Firefox as a Tab... maybe a setting in IE is messing things up?

Also, ... and I don't know if this would affect that area ... in your Firefox Options/Content... when you click on both the Advanced button and the Color button ... do you have both set to allow sites to use their own....

And, I suppose one more thing... if you are blocking stuff with an Ext. like NoScript or ?? ... maybe it's blocking too much.

And... and... is there something common about these sites? do you have a link for one of them?

And... and... and ... :lol:
You could create a test profile and "only" add that one extension and then test... that way may give you a clue on what is going on?
Creating a new Firefox profile on Windows - MozillaZine Knowledge Base
As you can see she's (The CAT) always alert and on the prowl for Meoware !!
JayhawksRock

Post by JayhawksRock »

Security software could also be doing something to prevent the running of the .dll file that all three of the IE Tab type extensions use to call IE.. They may think its an attack on the OS from the internet. I use IE Tab V2 and have no problems. i use MS builtin firewall aand Avast A/V but with all web shield toolbar Crap disabled.
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine" ...Abraham Lincoln