FX 19 VIEWING PDF QUESTION

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
costark

FX 19 VIEWING PDF QUESTION

Post by costark »

Win 7 Hm Prem --- With Options/Apps set to Use Adobe Acrobat in FX OR Use Adobe Reader my REGIONS BANK PDF symbol for Statements produces an (.[u]ashx[/u]) View and would Save Page As -- HTML.
IF I Clk the Floppy Disk (icon) Save - and Choose "Save as PDF" - I THEN get to VIEW the document as PDF.

This just started with FX 19. NOT life threatening BUT Any ideas why the PDF View fails in first example?

EDIT 1: In Merrill Lynch I view samew Non-PDF page BUT there is a Download Icon at top that Offers Open With / Save. I Clk Open With ADOBE and THEN it Loads the PDF with all the Function Icons at page top. AM I the ONLY one with THIS issue in FX 19? Again, NO ISSUE in FX 18
W10 22H2 - SSD-HDD i5 12G -
Reflective

Re: FX 19 VIEWING PDF QUESTION

Post by Reflective »

Try using an alternative reader perhaps. I use Foxit: http://www.foxitsoftware.com/Secure_PDF_Reader/

Make Foxit your default PDF reader when you see the prompt during the installation otherwise you'll probably get the same problem again. You can always revert to Adobe later if you wish.
costark

Post by costark »

Thanks. I'm a former Foxit user and just started out with Adobe because of the new computer. If I can't find a Voodoo Priestess soon I'll see if it has the same issue.
costark

Post by costark »

I need glasses. My eyes saw 3 Adobe Lines at the top and I quickly dealt with them and moved on. The FIFTH line is Portable Document Format (I missed because "No Adobe" in the name) which for me was DEFAULT: Preview in Firefox.

Changed to [Use Adobe Acrobat] and the Issue is Resolved.

Will be interested IF anyone posts that they had to make the manual Change as I did.