Camino 2.1.2 & Gmail. Issue about sending attachments

Talk about the native Mac OS X browser.

Moderator: Camino Developers

Alb123

Camino 2.1.2 & Gmail. Issue about sending attachments

Post by Alb123 »

Hello,
I'm using Camino Browser with satisfaction, with my Mac mini G4 PPC, Mac OS X 10.4, but due to the very recent Gmail improvements about outgoing messages I noticed that it's now impossible to send an attachment. In fact,even if you click the suitable symbol (shaped as a staple) nothing happens, so, in order to be able to do that, right today, I had to use the Safari Browser.
Did you know this problem? If so, is there a way to get round of this problem?
Best Regards
phiw13

Re: Camino 2.1.2 & Gmail. Issue about sending attachments

Post by phiw13 »

Complain to Google/Gmail?

When I tried it with Camino on 10.8, it worked sometimes. If you want to attach photos, you can click on the icon that looks like a camera. That seems to work well. For other file types (PDF and similar), it is a bit of a hit and miss.
Alb123

Post by Alb123 »

Thank you,
As for Google/Gmail do you know the way to make them a complaint?
(Yesterday I made a few attemps to send a PDF, but unsuccessfully).
phiw13

Post by phiw13 »

Alb123 wrote:As for Google/Gmail do you know the way to make them a complaint?

Unfortunately no :-(. Google/Gmail is very good at not providing much support or feedback avenues.

One alternative work around is setting up Mail.app to handle your Gmail account, bypassing the web interface completely (that is what I do when I need to use my Gmail account :mrgreen: )
Alb123

Post by Alb123 »

Thanks a lot,
I want to follow your piece of advice, but where can I find Mail.app (and an howto related to it?) .
Best Regards
HenriHudson

Post by HenriHudson »

Try this: (It does work on my Mac Mini / MacOS 10.5.8 but there is a trick)
Once you have clicked on the paperclip icon which is the symbol for "add an attachment', the line/box where you can define the attachment is there, but *hidden*, and you have to scroll down with your mouse for it to appear in the message window (it takes a few seconds).
Then of course you have to click into this empty box and define what you want to attach. Care to try it and tell us if it works for you?

FMN
Alb123

Post by Alb123 »

Hello, I followed your advice, tried twice and it works! But afterwards appears this message: "Error - Oops ... a server error occurred and your email was not sent (#103)".
However in spite of it the mail is sent all the same (but if you try go to the section "Sent Mails" Gmail seems to stop working. So, you have to sign out and sign in again.
In addition, in order to make the line/box where to define the attachment, you have to reduce the "Compose" box as an icon as it appears on the right bottom side of the screen and it is impossible to move it. Once it is reduced as icon, if you click on it, it appears now on the middle of the screen and, at last you can make appear the (desired!) box where you can define the attachment. Best Regards