Advanced javascript options (new prefs ui only)

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
Mossop

Post by Mossop »

ColdFusion650 wrote:are going to host previous versions on ur sight? i kind of prefer 0.6 to 0.7 so that the window doesnt have to be enlarged.

Done.

Mossop
ColdFusion650

Post by ColdFusion650 »

awesome. thanks.
Mossop

Post by Mossop »

mossop wrote:
ColdFusion650 wrote:i think you should have an advanced button in the content section. similar to the way it was before. right next to the enable javascript checkbox.

I've taken a look into this, and to be honest I'm unlikely to do it since it looks like it would be a real pain in the neck to do. Possibly this is because I'm very new to this extensions business so maybe I don't know some of the tricks.

I've been thinking about this a bit more since there are more options I would like to have but I don't really want to be messing around enlarging the options dialog every time. It turns out there is a bug at the moment which is preventing this but once that is fixed I may well make it a button on the content pane.

Mossop
Mook

Post by Mook »

Nice :D

Nitpick: it looks like <preference/> can now have an inverted="true" attribute. See the patch for bug 283610. Could probably cut down on your code :)
poot.
Mossop

Post by Mossop »

Heh, dammit I spent a whole 10 minutes figuring out how to invert that ;)

It looks like there is a reversed attribute for the checkbox as well that I missed. Thanks for letting me know, I guess I'll start using that once it gets checked in.

[edit] Actually it looks like the reversed attribute isn't there and thats what caused that bug. [/edit]

Mossop
Mossop

Post by Mossop »

This is a warning. Sometime between the build on 26th and the build on the 27th, something got broke in the preferences UI. If you have a nightly from 27th then about half the options in this extension do not work.

[edit] Ok looks like this may have been a false alarm. I am now seeing everything work ok. Please let me know if you experience any problems. [/edit]

Mossop
Last edited by Mossop on February 27th, 2005, 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ColdFusion650

Post by ColdFusion650 »

do u know which ones? whats the bug number so we can vote for it?

edit: found it in the build thread, https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=283988
mikothecann

Nice

Post by mikothecann »

Nice work man, works like a charm.
Good initiative, I'm not awfully keen on the new optioins menu and the absence of what this extension allows is a terrible idea.
On the other hand, anyone inclined to alter the javascript options will probably find this extension easy enough. So if they want it that bad let them go get it.
BenneJezzerette

Post by BenneJezzerette »

Has this extension and mossup, you did a wonderful job on it. this new Jsoptions for the new Options V menu is a bangup work. I have it installed on Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8b2) Gecko/20050302 Firefox/1.0+ and it is working just fine. Keep up the fine work.
Vista Home Premium 64 AMD 9950 Quad Core + 8GB DDR2 1066 1x500GB 1X750GB Partitioned 1X1TB MSI GTX260 896
Firefox Safe Browsing - Pocomail Safe E-Mail from Script Kitties
True Internet Surfing + E-Mail not Junk
TheOneKEA

Post by TheOneKEA »

As soon as I get a working PrefWindow V build I'll probably install it too ;)

(although the new UI is a major pain, mainly because there are no docs for it)
Proud user of teh Fox of Fire
Registered Linux User #289618
BenneJezzerette

Post by BenneJezzerette »

TheOneKEA wrote:As soon as I get a working PrefWindow V build I'll probably install it too ;)

(although the new UI is a major pain, mainly because there are no docs for it)

will get that one and if the TBP gets set for the Options V menu, then I will be sure to install that one too. The Prefs and TBP were two of my faves, the Milewide Back was another. Theone that I want the most is Foxy Voice. That was my favorite Extension.
Vista Home Premium 64 AMD 9950 Quad Core + 8GB DDR2 1066 1x500GB 1X750GB Partitioned 1X1TB MSI GTX260 896
Firefox Safe Browsing - Pocomail Safe E-Mail from Script Kitties
True Internet Surfing + E-Mail not Junk
gssq

Post by gssq »

Great extension! Looks like it added some stuff too *g*

Long live prefs overload! Tweaking minutiae gives me my kicks.

Now for TBP to be updated to support the new prefs window...
Mossop

Post by Mossop »

Thought you might like a quick look at the new version that is in development. I have taken the plunge and moved the javascript options back where they used to be, as a window loaded from an advanced button on the content pane. Check it out:

Image Image

Of course I now have to find a couple more icons but till then, any comments?

Mossop
ColdFusion650

Post by ColdFusion650 »

totally awesome. is there any way we can get some... testing builds?
Mossop

Post by Mossop »

Not just yet, there are still a number of broken bits, but with any luck Saturday I will have some time to crack on with it.

Mossop