MozillaZine

Amo compatibility issues?

Discuss application theming and theme development.
jivko

User avatar
 
Posts: 237
Joined: September 2nd, 2008, 11:20 am

Post Posted April 10th, 2013, 9:38 am

Guys I'm having some problems. Right now I don't have enough time to work on my Firefox themes and since Firefox 20 came out a week ago or something I tried to bump the compatibility. The box says:

"Adjusting application information here will allow users to install your add-on even if the install manifest in the package indicates that the add-on is incompatible."

I gave Purple Fox combatibility 21.* but when I tried to install a window pops and says it's not compatible. This happens to all my themes. Where is the problem in the themes or in the website? If it's in the theme is there a way I can edit the install.rdf without uploading a new version?

mcdavis

User avatar
 
Posts: 3195
Joined: December 9th, 2005, 5:51 am

Post Posted April 11th, 2013, 12:04 am

jivko wrote:... when I tried to install a window pops and says it's not compatible. This happens to all my themes. Where is the problem in the themes or in the website? If it's in the theme is there a way I can edit the install.rdf without uploading a new version?


Is the popup window a Firefox dialog box, or is it from the AMO website?

Was that when you tried to install into Firefox 20?

EDIT: if you're talking about this one https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... urple-fox/ , I just tried installing to Fx20 and Fx21 and installation failed in each of those. (You might have seen earlier I said it worked, but that was because I had extensions.checkCompatibility.20.0=false and extensions.checkCompatibility.21.0=false. When I tried with fresh profiles, it failed.)
Theme Development is Radical Participation.
NNL Beta Builds for Current and Up-coming Firefox
Dear User: Your Help is Needed

jivko

User avatar
 
Posts: 237
Joined: September 2nd, 2008, 11:20 am

Post Posted April 11th, 2013, 9:59 am

mcdavis wrote:
jivko wrote:... when I tried to install a window pops and says it's not compatible. This happens to all my themes. Where is the problem in the themes or in the website? If it's in the theme is there a way I can edit the install.rdf without uploading a new version?


Is the popup window a Firefox dialog box, or is it from the AMO website?

Was that when you tried to install into Firefox 20?

EDIT: if you're talking about this one https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... urple-fox/ , I just tried installing to Fx20 and Fx21 and installation failed in each of those. (You might have seen earlier I said it worked, but that was because I had extensions.checkCompatibility.20.0=false and extensions.checkCompatibility.21.0=false. When I tried with fresh profiles, it failed.)


Yes it's a firefox dialog box. I'm using firefox 20.

Aris

User avatar
 
Posts: 3247
Joined: February 27th, 2011, 10:14 am

Post Posted April 11th, 2013, 11:33 am

There is another problem with Fx20 and themes: themes don't get updated via autoupdate anymore.

I filed a bug: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=860306#c0

mcdavis

User avatar
 
Posts: 3195
Joined: December 9th, 2005, 5:51 am

Post Posted April 13th, 2013, 3:45 pm

Do we think those two issues (yours Aris and yours Jivko) are the same problem or separate?

I just got a complaint that the current NNL won't install from AMO. In its install.rdf it's marked compatible with 17.0 through 22.0a1, and marked by me on the AMO side to be compatible with 23.0a1. Aurora is 22.0a2, so it seems the problem is that the bump from 22.0a1 to 23.0a1 isn't making it to Firefox, and Firefox is correctly reporting that the version range in install.rdf alone doesn't match Aurora.

Filed https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=861561 .
Theme Development is Radical Participation.
NNL Beta Builds for Current and Up-coming Firefox
Dear User: Your Help is Needed

Aris

User avatar
 
Posts: 3247
Joined: February 27th, 2011, 10:14 am

Post Posted April 14th, 2013, 3:51 am

@mcdavis

Not sure if both issues are the same problem, but both might been caused by same recent themes/personas merging/changes on AMO.

rctgamer3

User avatar
 
Posts: 24
Joined: November 6th, 2011, 10:24 am
Location: The Netherlands

Post Posted April 14th, 2013, 5:18 am

A lot of users of my theme are also having issues. I filed bug 861616 (cool number :P).
Updates with a minVersion of Firefox 20 also don't work anymore ](*,)

Edit: Got an error in the Error Console:

Code: Select all
Warning: WARN addons.updates: Update manifest for {fd2f951f-77ea-4938-9493-0c892c027a13} did not contain an updates property
Source file: resource://gre/modules/AddonUpdateChecker.jsm
Line: 312

patrickjdempsey

User avatar
 
Posts: 23734
Joined: October 23rd, 2008, 11:43 am
Location: Asheville NC

Post Posted April 17th, 2013, 10:39 am

Aris wrote:There is another problem with Fx20 and themes: themes don't get updated via autoupdate anymore.

I filed a bug: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=860306#c0


Ahhh thanks. I was wondering why I kept getting emails from people about this.
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/

Return to Theme Development


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests