[ext] ScrapBook+ 1.x

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
a009

Re: [ext] ScrapBook+ 1.x

Post by a009 »

ramr wrote:Really? It's only been two weeks since I posted my question, but I'm honestly surprised at the lack of response or ideas here and elsewhere online about getting Scrapbook data usable on an Android...one way or another.

You are asking tricky questions - That's probably why.
tjrasa

Post by tjrasa »

Best extension ever, thank you!

Desperately need help, please. I have my old website saved in Scrapbook + so I can move comments and such to a new location. My hard drive crashed and I had to reinstall Windows.

I was using a location on a drive partition no longer available. I have a backup of Scrapbook+ and can see the data in the backup folder but I can't find any way to import it or use it in Scrapbook.

I've changed the data location, tried Emergency Repair. Looked for something in the .rdf and other files that might be tweakable to change the location of the new folder but nothing has worked.

Assistance greatly appreciated. I really need my Scrapbook info back in FF.

Thanks so much for all help and ideas.

Using latest version of FF.
tjrasa

Post by tjrasa »

Why is it that as soon as I ask a question I find a solution? :) I've been messing around with this for days now.

My solution: Partitioned the new drive and assigned the same drive letter I'd stored SB+ in on the old drive. Instead of using the "data" folder for the backup folder (Tools > Options > Save Data To), I used the drive letter the backup folder was in.

Scrapbook+ data now back in Firefox.

Hopefully this will help someone else.

Again, thanks for this wonderful add-on.
bluffo

Post by bluffo »

Appreciate all your work on this extension, and am glad to hear there is a new version on the way.
Is there a rough eta on this new version? The 1.x version is losing functionality with every new release of firefox (each of which should be applied for security reasons according to Mozilla).
Although I appreciate that the Firefox rapid release schedule is a bit of a nightmare for extension developers, it looks like it will continue.
I use this extension every day, so I'm a little concerned...
haselnuss

Post by haselnuss »

bluffo wrote:The 1.x version is losing functionality with every new release of firefox (each of which should be applied for security reasons according to Mozilla).

Do you know Firefox ESR? This version of Firefox is compatible with ScrapBook Plus 1.x and is updated regularly. The updates contain security updates coinciding with regular Firefox releases.
techlivezheng

Post by techlivezheng »

Hey, I want contribute to this addon, where can I get your source repository?
haselnuss

Post by haselnuss »

A special source repository does not exist. What do you want to contribute?
techlivezheng

Post by techlivezheng »

haselnuss wrote:A special source repository does not exist. What do you want to contribute?

I want to make some adjustments to suit my own needs, some of them might be very userfull for most people. I always like to begin a development based on an existing source repo with full history, that's why I asked for this. If a such repository exists, it would be a lot easier to make pull requests and collabrate with you.

Would you consider to set up one in github?
techlivezheng

Post by techlivezheng »

techlivezheng wrote:
haselnuss wrote:A special source repository does not exist. What do you want to contribute?

I want to make some adjustments to suit my own needs, some of them might be very userfull for most people. I always like to begin a development based on an existing source repo with full history, that's why I asked for this. If a such repository exists, it would be a lot easier to make pull requests and collabrate with you.

Would you consider to set up one in github?

I have already started hacking on this extension based on your recent release, but it would be better if I can rebase it to a full-history git repo, it is also good for code review and disscussion.
bluffo

Post by bluffo »

Do you know Firefox ESR? This version of Firefox is compatible with ScrapBook Plus 1.x and is updated regularly. The updates contain security updates coinciding with regular Firefox releases.

No, I didn't know about that - thanks for the info, I'll check it out.
Greggtr

Post by Greggtr »

I recently upgraded to FF 21 and have just noticed that Scrapbook disappeared. I have found a directory called "old firefox" which appears to contain the scrapbook data. Can anyone advise how best to get my newly downloaded version of scrapbook to see it??

Thanks
Greg
rais

Post by rais »

hit Ctrl_Shift_A
scroll down to Scrapbook ......... click Options
click Organize tab
:arrow: Location to store data
Greggtr

Post by Greggtr »

rais wrote:hit Ctrl_Shift_A
scroll down to Scrapbook ......... click Options
click Organize tab
:arrow: Location to store data

excellent. Thanks very much. will now move it back into scrabook.

Greg
paleywiener

Post by paleywiener »

I'm using Scrapbook Plus 1.9.23.40 on Firefox 21.0(on Linux debian wheezy) . When I try to Scrapbook a page with math formula i get Latex output in the saved page. So I logged into the Wikipedia and went and did this: Special:Preferences > Appearance > Math > Always render as PNG

Now it should save as an image right? Nope! But the Firefox webpage has it as an image! Scrapbook for some mysterious reason is saving it in latex! HELP! It's also not saving .svg files!
haselnuss

Post by haselnuss »

paleywiener wrote:I'm using Scrapbook Plus 1.9.23.40 on Firefox 21.0(on Linux debian wheezy) . When I try to Scrapbook a page with math formula i get Latex output in the saved page...

ScrapBook Plus 1.9.23.40 is not compatible with Firefox 18 and newer. That is the reason, why you are having problems capturing the page. Use Firefox ESR 17.0.6, if you want to use ScrapBook Plus.

haselnuss