0.6.1 candidate builds available

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
ace135cc

Post by ace135cc »

no autoscroll here; Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.5a) Gecko/20030726 Mozilla Firebird/0.6.1 :?
m0z!l4t0r

Re: Did I dl the wrong build?

Post by m0z!l4t0r »

Sailfish wrote:Anyway, the autoscroll feature still appears to be present on my installation???

you've got rv 1.5b. i'm talking about rv 1.5a (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.5a) Gecko/20030726 Mozilla Firebird/0.6.1) which can be downloaded on page 1 of this thread.
it's kinda hard nowadays since there are so many different latest builds ;)
Sailfish

Re: Did I dl the wrong build?

Post by Sailfish »

m0z!l4t0r wrote:
Sailfish wrote:Anyway, the autoscroll feature still appears to be present on my installation???

you've got rv 1.5b. i'm talking about rv 1.5a (Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.5a) Gecko/20030726 Mozilla Firebird/0.6.1) which can be downloaded on page 1 of this thread.
it's kinda hard nowadays since there are so many different latest builds ;)
Ahh, I suspected as much. I use an ftp client and noticed the trunk and [1.5a] folders and, obviously, chose the wrong one :-)

dl'ing now...
robzilla

Post by robzilla »

If you have a folder full of bookmarks on the Personal Toolbar Folder and you right-click select a bookmark from the folder and choose Properties and then close Properties, the folder will remain frozen in the "just clicked on" postition. It also causes the cursor to stop responding if you happen to be in the middle of typing a message (like I was doing for this post) and requires closing and restarting the browser.

Rob

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Win98; en-US; rv:1.5a) Gecko/20030725 Mozilla Firebird/0.6
Sailfish

Post by Sailfish »

Okay, confirming that autoscroll has been disabled in today's "rc" build; although, not in the trunk. Can someone comment on whether the trunk will have autorepeat disabled, as well???

Also, it appears that the "rc" build still has the skinVersion=1.2 designator, can someone confirm whether or not it's the intent to deliver the FINAL 061 with skinVersion=1.2???
DamianMoran

Post by DamianMoran »

Sailfish wrote:Okay, confirming that autoscroll has been disabled in today's "rc" build; although, not in the trunk. Can someone comment on whether the trunk will have autorepeat disabled, as well???

Also, it appears that the "rc" build still has the skinVersion=1.2 designator, can someone confirm whether or not it's the intent to deliver the FINAL 061 with skinVersion=1.2???

I doubt Autoscroll will be removed from trunk, but I agree it should be optional.
noririty

Post by noririty »

Autoscroll will still stay on trunk.
<a href="http://members.jcom.home.ne.jp/noririty/">noririty</a>
m0z!l4t0r

Post by m0z!l4t0r »

noririty wrote:Autoscroll will still stay on trunk.

it doesn't have to be removed. it just should be tweakable (on/off). as long as 1.5b releases don't offer a possibility to turn it off i'll stick to 1.5a 0.6.1 builds.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.5<b>a</b>) Gecko/20030726 Mozilla Firebird/0.6.1 (works great so far :))
tseelee

Post by tseelee »

m0z!l4t0r wrote:

it doesn't have to be removed.

So true...:-( I mean, w. smooth scroll there was about:config...
Webb

Post by Webb »

Holy shine-oly. I just installed 0.6.1. I had to do a couple of degrags because I also installed a new game, but this is now THE FASTEST thing I've ever seen. Even known slow sites pop up instantly. Thanks!!!
Lost User 2526

Post by Lost User 2526 »

another problem go to this site http://members.aol.com/ it asks you what mozilla should do with the page, if you click open with default, it asks you what program to use. it said something about it's of type iso-blah blah (the usual western character type).
old momokatte

Post by old momokatte »

duns0014 wrote:another problem go to this site http://members.aol.com/ it asks you what mozilla should do with the page, if you click open with default, it asks you what program to use. it said something about it's of type iso-blah blah (the usual western character type).

This looks like a MIME-type bug regression. Here's what the members.aol.com site is sending:

Code: Select all

Content-Type: text/html; charset=Shift_JIS,ISO-8859-1
DonPete

Post by DonPete »

duns0014 wrote:another problem go to this site http://members.aol.com/ it asks you what mozilla should do with the page, if you click open with default, it asks you what program to use. it said something about it's of type iso-blah blah (the usual western character type).

This is bug 210229.
Sailfish

Post by Sailfish »

Hmm, since it has been disabled for the 061rc release, that implies that there is at least a recognition that, at minimum, an enabling/disabling method needs to exist, right? I mean, why else remove it if the plan is to leave it in the trunk as is?
tseelee

Post by tseelee »

DonPete wrote:This is bug 210229.

Sigh...an AOL site...and a reason NOT to update from 6/11...