Advanced javascript options (new prefs ui only)

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
ColdFusion650

Post by ColdFusion650 »

cool
johnlgalt

Post by johnlgalt »

OK, I know you already mentioned that this is for the nightly builds after 25 Feb, but what I wanted to know was this - is there any *adverse* affect from having this installed on a non nightly?

The reason I ask is that if there is not, I would like to go ahead and have it in my repertoire of extensions - I have several that I rarely use or use only once in a blue moon, but it is nice to know that they are there waiting for me to use as needed, and when a new stable build is released to the Public that uses the new preferences window I want this pre-loaded.

Do you foresee any sort of problems with my reasoning (or lack thereof!)?

I looked at your screen caps and some of the options and I am definitely interested in using this, but I haven't the time to test nightlies as I use this machine for a multitude of work, and haven't found a resource yet that can explain how I can run multiple versions simultaneously side by side for testing, etc.

(honestly, though, I haven't looked too hard for such resources either as I already test so many other things....)

Thanks for your input. And even more thanks for taking the time to write and develop this extension.
Mossop

Post by Mossop »

Ok well I can't give a 100% guarantee on this, because I don't have a firefox build before the new preferences installed, and I don't have the time right now to install one and do the tests I would need.

That said, I can't imagine this extension causing any ill effects to firefox builds before the new UI. Of course it will be useless, the only effect you will see is it's entry in the extension manager, but yeah once you upgrade it will start working nicely.

Mossop
gssq

Post by gssq »

Erm, we haven't had a non-nightly released with the new prefs window yet, so.
ColdFusion650

Post by ColdFusion650 »

what would the point be of having this exension on a build with the olds prefs window? its designed to replace something that was taken out. but it wasnt taken out until the new prefs window. so the only one already has these options.
Mossop

Post by Mossop »

Ok, the new version is out. Download it from the link in the first place, or just tell firefox you want to update. As usual let me know of any problems here.

Enjoy

Mossop

I should also mention I've been working on a new extension to improve a couple of problems with the cookie handling in the new options: http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=230148.
ColdFusion650

Post by ColdFusion650 »

awesome. they just need to merge this back into the firefox code.
gssq

Post by gssq »

Excellent. I like the new "popups" section
Cosmoxl

Post by Cosmoxl »

I'm using Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8b2) Gecko/20050228 Firefox/1.0+ (MOOX M0) and have installed this extension. But, it's not working. All my other extensions work fine. I go look in the options, content, and there is still the dumb tick next to javascript (but disable common annoyances).
Mossop

Post by Mossop »

Thats a little odd, but I would first suggest you get a newer build of firefox. Some of the features of this extension will not work in builds from the first few days of the options landing. Plus there are loads of bugs in those builds anyway. If you are still having problems let me know what build you are using (and where you got it from) and what extensions you have installed.

Mossop
Cosmoxl

Post by Cosmoxl »

okay. thanks for the reply. moox should have a newer build pretty soon.
Cosmoxl

Post by Cosmoxl »

I d/l Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8b2) Gecko/20050307 Firefox/1.0+, and ran it. This extension still does not work. Could it be affected by some of the settings I have made in about:config, or would the extension change those settings upon install?
Mossop

Post by Mossop »

Ok, is this still with a MOOX build?
Go into the extension manager and check that it lists Javascript Options 1.0, and below it's name doesnt say something like "This extension will be installed/uninstalled when you restart firefox".
What other extensions do you have installed?
Are you using the firefox default theme?

I'm still at work right now, but when I get home in a couple of hours time I will be able to do more digging on this.

Mossop
Cosmoxl

Post by Cosmoxl »

no, that was with the official build. but, I had "it" make a new profile, and it's working fine now. Yes, using the default theme. Other extensions when it was not working were adblock, bug me not, super drag and go, chrome edit, add bookmark here. I have installed all the extensions again in the new profile and it's working fine.
BenneJezzerette

Post by BenneJezzerette »

mossop wrote:Ok, is this still with a MOOX build?
Go into the extension manager and check that it lists Javascript Options 1.0, and below it's name doesnt say something like "This extension will be installed/uninstalled when you restart firefox".
What other extensions do you have installed?
Are you using the firefox default theme?

I'm still at work right now, but when I get home in a couple of hours time I will be able to do more digging on this.

Mossop

Hi got the extension, it auto updated, yet it still says Version 0.7, not 1.0 like the auto update does. I think maybe I will uninstall it, and then installthe newer version and hope it fixes the version error. Browser Version - Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.8b2) Gecko/20050305 Firefox/1.0+ Latest Trunk Win32 EXE

EDIT#1

Removed the 0.7 restarted, went to the extensionsmirror and installed the new JSoptions 1.0. Took a look in my Options Menu and the JSOptions does not show. I removed the folder for this extension before restarting FF and installing the new one.

EDIT#2

Installed looks like it maybe the new Advacned look. Not on the Tab of the menu at all now. Is this the intention, or ??
Vista Home Premium 64 AMD 9950 Quad Core + 8GB DDR2 1066 1x500GB 1X750GB Partitioned 1X1TB MSI GTX260 896
Firefox Safe Browsing - Pocomail Safe E-Mail from Script Kitties
True Internet Surfing + E-Mail not Junk