Update Just now - 22.0 - JavaScript error with every click

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Vitesse

Re: Update Just now - 22.0 - JavaScript error with every cli

Post by Vitesse »

al**bear wrote:It has totally wrecked my Facebook and crippled an essential add-on
'Facebook Purity'

Error: Illegal Operation on WrappedNative prototype object.

Probably a deliberate act by Facebook as part of their latest redesign! Even the latest version of FB Purity (8.3.0), which is available on the author's site, throws this error.
al**bear wrote:on loads of other sites, it is impossible to copy & paste

Try disabling FB Purity - that may solve it. If not, then another extension must be affected too.
al**bear

Post by al**bear »

Vitesse wrote:
Probably a deliberate act by Facebook as part of their latest redesign! Even the latest version of FB Purity (8.3.0), which is available on the author's site, throws this error.

Try disabling FB Purity - that may solve it. If not, then another extension must be affected too.

No it is FF22.0

installed FF21.0 and 'FB purity' still works
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

Then it is an extension problem with Firefox 22 that needs to be fixed by the author
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
al**bear

Post by al**bear »

malliz wrote:Then it is an extension problem with Firefox 22 that needs to be fixed by the author

But others are getting the same error on different sites
Vitesse

Post by Vitesse »

malliz wrote:Then it is an extension problem with Firefox 22 that needs to be fixed by the author

Exactly. I've just had an email from him, in which he states that he can't support beta versions (even though it worked fine with everything up to 21 beta). On his home page he says he's actually been banned from Facebook and his email to me says:
FB Purity works fine with the current stable version of Firefox.
I cant support beta builds of firefox, this is mentioned in the FBP FAQ http://faq.fbpurity.com

If you use beta browsers you have got to expect some things wont work.

Also stated in the FAQ, if you have the new design for the newsfeed, FBP will not work, the reason for this is that I do not yet have the new design on my own facebook account, and i cannot update FBP to work with the new newsfeed, until I get it enabled on my own account.

al**bear wrote:
Vitesse wrote:

No it is FF22.0

installed FF21.0 and 'FB purity' still works

Yes, well, it would. But the point I was trying to make was that some of FB Purity's functions may extend to other pages which have overt or covert links to Facebook. Disabling the extension might have solved it: if it didn't, then another extension would be to blame and you could investigate further. It could even be a conflict between FB Purity and another extension.
Kevin McFarlane

Post by Kevin McFarlane »

I've just run into this error with v22 release version. I disabled all add-ons and have been re-enabling them one at a time but have yet to find the culprit. I've gotten as far as re-enabling the add-ons I use all the time and will re-enable the others as and when needed. Then presumably at some point the error will be triggered.
Vidfamne

Post by Vidfamne »

I also updated today to release version of FF22 and received the error on one of my machines running Windows 7. The box running on Windows 8 seems to work. I have the same add-ons on both. I've also trid the same sites on both (also non-facebook sites).
Both are upgraded via MS Update to latest as per this morning CET.

It's a bit frustrating to say the least.
Filenest

Post by Filenest »

The update broke Gmails attachments download as well...getting a lot of these "illigal operation wrappednative prototype" no matter what I visit?
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Have you tried starting Firefox in Mozilla Safe Mode? http://kb.mozillazine.org/Safe_mode
Do you have the same problem if you create a new profile and test it with no extensions or non-default themes installed?
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Profile_Manager
and
http://kb.mozillazine.org/Creating_a_ne ... on_Windows

Also see http://kb.mozillazine.org/Standard_diagnostic_-_Firefox
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Moving to Firefox Support.
Vidfamne

Post by Vidfamne »

This is starting to get annoying. I get the popup whatever I do on any site I'm on. How can I revert to ff21 without having to reinstall my addons etc and keeping all history? This needs quick attention.
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

Contact the extension author stop complaining to us we can't fix it
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
Vidfamne

Post by Vidfamne »

malliz wrote:Contact the extension author stop complaining to us we can't fix it

Well, I don't use any of the extensions mentioned previously that doesn't work. So obviously there are several extensions then not working. And why does it work for win8 and not win7?
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Because there are differences between Win 7 and Win 8?

Have you tested in Mozilla Safe Mode to determine if the issue is related to an installed extension?
Kevin McFarlane

Post by Kevin McFarlane »

Just for clarification, in my case the problem went away in safe mode, so I disabled all extensions in normal mode and started re-enabling them. So far I've not triggered the issue so I don't yet know which extension is the culprit.

My currently re-enabled extensions are:

Adblock Plus
Add-ons Manager Dialog Returns
Autofill Forms
Back/forward dropmarker
Download Statusbar
feedly
FireGestures
GMarks
Google Shortcuts
Googlebar Lite
Greasemonkey