[Ext] Brief 1.1 - feed reading extension

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Ngamer01

Re: [Ext] Brief 1.1 - feed reading extension

Post by Ngamer01 »

lythande wrote:Erm... Sorry, I thought "Support Forum" meant "Support Answers" which seems a little impossible without asking questions. If you want this forum for announcements only, perhaps "announcements" should appear in the title.

Actually this used to be Brief's official support/announcements thread, but ancestor has ceased use of this thread in all capacities because he has his own forum setup for people to seek Brief support on. ancestor even uses his forum to make Brief announcements.

So this thread is no longer needed. People should leave this thread to die and be buried in the graveyard of old, dead threads.
lythande

Post by lythande »

Ah. Well in that case, having him edit the first post with a "Forum moved, go url here /url link at the top would certainly be helpful.
Sometimes my brain works too fast for my mind to keep up.
ptree

Post by ptree »

Hello.

I have a problem with brief (1.2.5 version).
When i "mark as read" an article, now, the article is deleted. I don't have anymore articles marked as unread.
I tried uninstall/reinstall brief but same problem.

Do you have an idea?

Regards,
Ngamer01

Post by Ngamer01 »

http://brief.mozdev.org/drupal

ptree, please use Brief's official support forums. You don't need an account there to post.
Elbart

Post by Elbart »

A fork of Brief 1.7 alpha which seems to have fixed the compatibility issues with Firefox 21+:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/digest/
gone
Ngamer01

Post by Ngamer01 »

Elbart wrote:A fork of Brief 1.7 alpha which seems to have fixed the compatibility issues with Firefox 21+:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefox/addon/digest/

I didn't think it would need any compatibility fixes. Brief 1.6.2 still works fine in Firefox beta 22 so I assume 1.7 alpha should be just as fine. :-k
Elbart

Post by Elbart »

Ngamer01 wrote:Brief 1.6.2 still works fine in Firefox beta 22 so I assume 1.7 alpha should be just as fine. :-k

Fx 22b1 and 1.6.2

Code: Select all

Error: TypeError: Places.livemarks.isLivemark is not a function
Source: resource://brief/Storage.jsm
Line: 2116

1.7a1

Error: TypeError: Places.livemarks.isLivemark is not a function
Source: resource://brief/Storage.jsm
Line: 2128

Apparently the changes to the History API were pushed back to Fx 22, as version 1.6.2 is still working fine while giving the following errors under Fx 21:

Tue May 21 2013 11:08:15
Error: getFeedURI is deprecated and will be removed in a future release.  Check the nsILivemarkService interface.
Source file: resource://gre/components/nsLivemarkService.js
Line: 204
 ----------
Tue May 21 2013 11:08:15
Error: isLivemark is deprecated and will be removed in a future release.  Check the nsILivemarkService interface.
Source file: resource://gre/components/nsLivemarkService.js
Line: 204
gone
Tanriol

Post by Tanriol »

Brief 1.7 alpha does work with the feeds that already exist, but cannot pick up new live bookmarks as feeds, modify or delete feeds. I assume Brief 1.6.2 does the same.

Disclaimer: I'm the developer of the fork mentioned earlier. I've contacted Adam and he said that he will continue Brief's development. However, he has virtually no time, so I decided to make the fork available to the public at least until the official Brief picks up the required API fixes. The development goes on Github, so everyone is welcome to participate.
Tanriol

Post by Tanriol »

Brief status update.

I'm working on Brief now, so Brief is alive and going well while my fork (Digest) has been abandoned.

This thread seems to be pretty much dead, so if you stumbled into it and want to ask a question, the official support thread https://discourse.mozilla-community.org ... brief/6514 is likely to be a better place.