[Ext] Personal Titlebar

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
yuoo2k

Re: [Ext] Personal Titlebar

Post by yuoo2k »

hakubo wrote:There's a problem with the current Aurora (version 23): initialization fails and the bookmarks bar becomes empty.

Code: Select all

Timestamp: 18.05.2013 12:29:34
Error: ReferenceError: BookmarksMenuButton is not defined
Source File: chrome://personaltitlebar/content/browserOverlay.js
Line: 61

And I can't install the latest version linked above: "Not available for Firefox 23.0".

Thanks, it's same problem, please try this version:
v1.0.20130518: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... /versions/
+ Compatible with Firefox 23+
hakubo

Post by hakubo »

The new version works fine, thank you!
Sanni

Post by Sanni »

yuoo2k wrote:
Sanni wrote:Looks like that the latest Nightly changes broke this excellent extension :(
The dev's have changed names of chrome elements, so that can be a culprit.

Thanks for the report, please try this version:
v1.0.20130516: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... /versions/
+ Compatible with Firefox 24+

Thanks, works fine :)
joolee

Post by joolee »

I'm running into a problem with Gmail Manager NG (a custom build that I keep up-to-date)
The items are displayed correctly but when I hover over the label, the buton isn't being highlighted and it doesn't respond to clicks. When hovering over the image, the whole button is highlighted like nothing is wrong.
Weird thing is, when I display the buttons on the addon-bar or the address bar, the same thing happens. Disabling your extension is the only way to let the button behave like a button again. I have already compared the CSS properties applied with your extension enabled and disabled but the only css style you apply to the button and it's childs is only applied to buttons in the personal titlebar and not anywhere else. :?:

I'm running FF 24 on Windows 8.1

An image to give an idea of the extension
tanstaafl_bh

Post by tanstaafl_bh »

Hi yuoo2k...

I just noticed a cosmetic problem on one of our users systems with the wrong icons being used for two toolbar button...

I don't use these toolbar buttons so I hadn't noticed it myself.

The buttons are the Tag and File buttons.

When you are configuring toolbars and ad these two buttons, and select 'Icons beside text', the right icon is selected (Icon bseide text') - but when you close the toolbar configurator (and Personal Titlebar moves the Menu toolbar into the Titlebar), those two icons are shown with the 'Text below icons', so look very out of place.'

Hopefully is an easy fix.

Thanks as always for keeping THE most useful addon for netbooks alive and well!
teagish

Post by teagish »

Hi,

Maybe I am doing something wrong but I am not able to move the menu bar items (i.e. menus) to another toolbar (I tried to move it to the navigation bar).

I tried to drag and drop the menus after right clicking on a toolbar and selecting "Customize". Am I doing something wrong?

I am using Firefox 25.0.1 over windows 7.

Thanks,

teagish
Barefoot Monkey

Post by Barefoot Monkey »

I wish I had discovered this addon years ago. It's a wonderful improvement. Thank you for making it.

Mind if I make a feature request? Would it be possible to add an alternative to "Titlebar Text" which displays only the page title, without the browser name added to the end? It could be named "Page Title" or something to that effect.
MrGlasspoole

Post by MrGlasspoole »

Hi,

i'm the only one where "Personal Titlebar" does not work anymore in Firefox 26?
mzfrfx

Post by mzfrfx »

I have ff 26.0
When i open new window or private browsing, icon of adblock disappear.
If i disable "Personal Titlebar" this annoying issue vanish.
MarikaR

Post by MarikaR »

mzfrfx wrote:I have ff 26.0
When i open new window or private browsing, icon of adblock disappear.
If i disable "Personal Titlebar" this annoying issue vanish.

I can confirm the problem with the newest version of Adblock Plus. After it updated I started to notice the icon disappearing and after testing found out that it happens only with Personal Titlebar installed.

There was no problem with Adblock Plus 2.4 so I've gone back to that now but I'd appreciate if you looked into this. I really like your addon, couldn't imagine using Firefox without it so thanks a lot for all the work you've put into creating and maintaining it.

Steps to reproduce the problem:

Create a new Firefox profile. Install Adblock Plus 2.4.1, it's restartless so it immediately places its icon on the navigation toolbar.

Install Personal Titlebar 1.0.20130518 and restart to complete the installation. The Adblock Plus icon is still on the navigation toolbar. Then either restart again or just open a new windows and the icon is gone.

If you place it on the toolbar again either by customize or through the addon settings it reappears but disappears again when you restart or open a new window.

I've tested the same problem with Firefox 24.2.0 (ESR) which is my main browser and the current Beta version (27) on Windows Vista and Windows 7.
joolee

Post by joolee »

New Aurora theme supports hiding the title bar completely and placing items in the menu bar which displays on top of all other toolbars. Only thing needed now is an 'auto hide menu bar' addon that doesn't completely hide the toolbar but only the menubar items and makes them visible again when pressing alt.
Ede_123

Post by Ede_123 »

It seems the add-on stopped working in Firefox 29. Two strange things I notice:

• The left part of the menu buttons is somehow covered by "nothing" (e.g. is invisible).
  • The titlebar text isn't updated anymore.

Could you fix those issues? I love "Personal Titlebar" and get used to it over a very long time now!
yuoo2k

Post by yuoo2k »

v2.0.20140501: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... /versions/

Following features work on Firefox 29+
+ Customize each Menubar Menu's display from Customize Toolbar panel.
+ New [Titlebar Text] Toolbar Item in Customize Toolbar panel.
+ Press [F10] toggle Menubar Menus display.
Barefoot Monkey

Post by Barefoot Monkey »

Thank you. Version 2 is working like a charm for me on FF29. Now I can happily update Firefox on my personal machine without losing my titlebar.

Hey, may I make some feature requests? I think I've asked about this before, but I'd love to be able to suppress the " - Mozilla Firefox" in your Title Text toolbar item so that only the page title is displayed. It would also be great to have an options screen screen to toggle that feature (and also to set extensions.personaltitlebar.titletext.align) without needing to go to about:config.
irvinm

Post by irvinm »

Thank you yuoo2k for the new version!

Does anyone know with Firefox 29 if you can:

(1) Move the URL box into the menu bar any more?
(1a) If so, how would you even "hide" the "navigation toolbar" as that option seems to be removed?
** Before FF 29, I moved my menu items, icons, URL box, and search box into the "menu toolbar" then hid the toolbar to move everything successfully up to the "title bar".

(2) After moving items into the "menu bar", can I hide the "menu bar" to move it into the "title bar" like in previous versions of FF.
** Hiding the menu toolbar simply hides the bar and does not move the items up to the title bar.

FF28 (Ok, it is Cyberfox 28, but was the same with FF28):

FF29:

FF29 now takes up more than 2X the space and doesn't even have the menu items displayed unless I hit ALT.