Close Tab [X]

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
Dustyn

Close Tab [X]

Post by Dustyn »

Hello! :wink:
I just wondered if there are any "active" extension out there that supports the closure of tabs in SeaMonkey similar to how one would close a tab in Firefox? [X]
Why is it that SeaMonkey has not implemented this option?
I apologize in advance if this question has been answered and fully resolved, but I could not reach a working solution. Most of the solutions provided require FORCING installs of unsupported extensions or are simply too far outdated to work correctly with SeaMonkey. For now, I have gotten used to simple dragging the mouse to the far right of the screen and clicking [X] to close the active tab I'm on, but middle clicking works much better.

Thanks in advance. :)
Sincerely,
~Dustyn~
therube

Re: Close Tab [X]

Post by therube »

Unknown to me, but you can try: viewtopic.php?p=12791447#p12791447
Fire 750, bring back 250.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 6.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1.19) Gecko/20110420 SeaMonkey/2.0.14 Pinball CopyURL+ FetchTextURL FlashGot NoScript
rsx11m

Post by rsx11m »

There is another post stating that he or she could successfully install SeaTabX in SM 2.17, see viewtopic.php?f=4&t=613168&p=12882773#p12882773 (ok, that's talking about re-activating it after it had been working in a previous version, but would indicate that it's still working in the current release, thus it should be worthwhile to try getting it installed).
CMonkeyBloke

Post by CMonkeyBloke »

This might not be exactly the same as an 'x' tab click, but if you have Disable Add-on Compatibility Checks 1.3 you can use Tab Clicking Options to double-click tabs closed. Opera & Maxthon both have this function with tabs & I find it a good substitute with SeaMonkey.
Dustyn

Post by Dustyn »

therube wrote:Unknown to me, but you can try: viewtopic.php?p=12791447#p12791447

Thank you!
So that one is okay. Isn't great... but it isn't bad either.
I don't like the new tab icon that's smack next to the close button.
No way to customize that or to remove it. But it's probably the best working extension I've come across thus far!
Very odd how there is little to no information on it.
Last edited by Dustyn on June 13th, 2013, 7:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dustyn

Post by Dustyn »

rsx11m wrote:There is another post stating that he or she could successfully install SeaTabX in SM 2.17, see viewtopic.php?f=4&t=613168&p=12882773#p12882773 (ok, that's talking about re-activating it after it had been working in a previous version, but would indicate that it's still working in the current release, thus it should be worthwhile to try getting it installed).

Unless I followed a step incorrectly, I could not get this to work. Incompatible or just doesn't work even after it says successfully installed. Thanks though!
Dustyn

Post by Dustyn »

CMonkeyBloke wrote:This might not be exactly the same as an 'x' tab click, but if you have Disable Add-on Compatibility Checks 1.3 you can use Tab Clicking Options to double-click tabs closed. Opera & Maxthon both have this function with tabs & I find it a good substitute with SeaMonkey.
[/b]

Not something I really wish to install as that sounds as if it could destabilize SeaMonkey... Certainly an interesting option to try out I suppose. I was only hoping to come across some "active" project that just does what Firefox already does perfectly. Without obviously having to switch to Firefox. lo

SeaTabXplus
http://forum.mozilla-russia.org/uploade ... bXPlus.xpi
Best option for now... although there is no information on it.
vladmir

Post by vladmir »

although there is no information on it

http://forum.mozilla-russia.org/viewtopic.php?id=55506
CMonkeyBloke

Post by CMonkeyBloke »

Dustyn wrote:
CMonkeyBloke wrote:This might not be exactly the same as an 'x' tab click, but if you have Disable Add-on Compatibility Checks 1.3 you can use Tab Clicking Options to double-click tabs closed. Opera & Maxthon both have this function with tabs & I find it a good substitute with SeaMonkey.
[/b]

Not something I really wish to install as that sounds as if it could destabilize SeaMonkey... Certainly an interesting option to try out I suppose. I was only hoping to come across some "active" project that just does what Firefox already does perfectly. Without obviously having to switch to Firefox. lo

SeaTabXplus
http://forum.mozilla-russia.org/uploade ... bXPlus.xpi
Best option for now... although there is no information on it.

SeaTabXplus looks interesting. I've not had any problems with Tab Clicking Options & I've been using it for quite a while, even when I used SeaTabX.
amrad

Post by amrad »

Hello Dustyn,

Dustyn wrote:I don't like the new tab icon that's smack next to the close button.

In my SeaMonkey 2.17.1, the 'New Tab' button is on the far left and the 'Close' button is on the far right (with the 'List All Tabs' button on its left), using the default theme. Is that not how yours is arranged?

Regards,

Dave.
Dustyn

Post by Dustyn »

amrad wrote:Hello Dustyn,

Dustyn wrote:I don't like the new tab icon that's smack next to the close button.

In my SeaMonkey 2.17.1, the 'New Tab' button is on the far left and the 'Close' button is on the far right (with the 'List All Tabs' button on its left), using the default theme. Is that not how yours is arranged?

Regards,

Dave.

Yes. That's exactly how mine is arranged too.
That quote was in response to how tabs appear AFTER installing the SeaTabXPlus extension.
I don't like the new tab icon being placed within the tab itself right beside the close icon.
There appears to be no way to customize or remove it at this time.