Font size in Fx UI

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Oma1942

Font size in Fx UI

Post by Oma1942 »

Updated via internal updater to Fx 22.0 and font size was huge. That was corrected. Thanks to the-edmeister.

Now what I noticed the fonts in the tabs, sidebar bookmarks, dropdown menu of Firefox are much smaller than in previous 21 version. Getting dizzy just by looking at them. :cry:

Found an extension: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... er/?src=ss which resolves the above.

However, is there a way/fix to enlarge the fonts in the above-mentioned items without the above extension? I try to keep my extensions on a leash. :wink:

TIA
kgbme

Re: Font size in Fx UI

Post by kgbme »

Yeah, would you mind posting some screenshots pls - so we can see WTH you're on about?..:)

P.S. Anything to do with this, maybe?..

Code: Select all

http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?f=38&t=2721941

P.P.S. Oh, just found another one. Could be that I'm missing something, lolz. xD
pls disregard my (previous) disillusioned ff => 4.x posts, tnx. I've embraced it; apologies.
JayhawksRock

Post by JayhawksRock »

Add OS settings, Monitor/Display settings, Firefox Zoom and No Squint settings then multiply by Font Size change and Internet Geek Tweeks and you have Total Confusion.... which is described as a Firefox Bug
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine" ...Abraham Lincoln
the-edmeister

Post by the-edmeister »

Jay, I think that is off a bit. You need to add the square root of the font size and then divide by 1.5 to equal total confusion.

A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.
JayhawksRock

Post by JayhawksRock »

the-edmeister wrote:Jay, I think that is off a bit. You need to add the square root of the font size and then divide by 1.5 to equal total confusion.

Ahhh yes... we needed Mean Average Deviation :shock:
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is you never know if they are genuine" ...Abraham Lincoln
philly30

Post by philly30 »

I know exactly what he is saying, everything is smaller
Oma1942

Post by Oma1942 »

Here's a pic of how the font looks with the above-mentioned extension, Theme Font and Size Changer.

Here's how the font looks without the above-mentioned extension. Note the difference in font.

Here's the dropdown of Fx without the extension.

Here's the dropdown of Fx with the extension.

See the difference in fonts?

How can I change enlarge these fonts (font included in addressbar and tabs) without the extension?

All above fonts changed to a smaller size since Fx's update to 22.0

TIA
Milayne

Post by Milayne »

@Oma1942: *Clicky* (also this)

Me on a 21,5" flatscreen with 1920x1080 resolution and 124dpi uses the following values to make it (almost) look the same as before the update to Fx22. (The add-ons-manager layout might be a bit smaller but I actually like it that way.)
Oma1942

Post by Oma1942 »

@Milayne, visited the links you posted and have no clue how to add a userchrome.css. I have no existing (chrome folder?) one in my Fx, neither any mention of userchrome. Thanks anyway. Perhaps someone will be so kind to teach me in how to do it. Otherwise I'll just keeping the extension Theme Font & Size Changer.
Gingerbread Man

Post by Gingerbread Man »

Oma1942 wrote:have no clue how to add a userchrome.css. I have no existing (chrome folder?) one in my Fx, neither any mention of userchrome. Thanks anyway. Perhaps someone will be so kind to teach me in how to do it.

:arrow: http://kb.mozillazine.org/UserChrome.css
Oma1942

Post by Oma1942 »

Thanks for the link Gingerbread Man. It tells you how to create a folder but doesn't tell you what to put in there to change the fonts as per my previous posts. I'm very much a dumb noob what chrome etc is concerned. Perhaps I better leave it alone. :oops: The extension I got for it is perfect though.
Milayne

Post by Milayne »

It doesn't tell you to create a folder, it tells you this:
In the chrome folder, create a plain text file named userChrome.css.

So simply create a new ".txt"-file and put the mentioned code in there and save it as "userchrome.txt". Now rename the extension of this file to ".css" and restart Firefox.
But yeah, you better just go with the add-on. It's not like it slows down your browser or something.
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

Make sure the file is userChrome.css the capital C is necessary
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
Oma1942

Post by Oma1942 »

Thank you all who have responded. As I said previously, I don't see (have) any Chrome Folder and am just too much of an old self-taught noob to understand in how to do it all etc. ](*,) I even saw a video on Youtube that showed a Chrome Folder which I don't have. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiiFDtFM8Z0 I'll just leave it as is and let the extension do its job.

I really appreciate all your efforts in trying to help me. :)
Gingerbread Man

Post by Gingerbread Man »

Oma1942 wrote:As I said previously, I don't see (have) any Chrome Folder

From the article I linked to:
Mozillazine KB wrote:Go to your profile folder. Then go to the chrome folder there, creating it if necessary.

The chrome folder hasn't existed by default since Firefox 4. You have to make it yourself.

You may need to display file extensions to ensure the file gets properly named userChrome.css and not userChrome.css.txt. As mentioned above, the file name is case-sensitive.