new firefox update caused weird browser resolution

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
adsada

new firefox update caused weird browser resolution

Post by adsada »

Hi, been using firefox fine, but this morning it updated and since has caused the bar at the top with all the tabs and bookmarks to become much larger than it used to be. This means it takes up more space and it looked pixelated. text on webpages also looks different. I cant for the life of me figure out whats wrong I've messed about with screen resolutions but it wasn't a problem before it updated this morning. I attached a screen shot to show you what I mean

thanks
rais

Re: new firefox update caused weird browser resolution

Post by rais »

if you are running Firefox 22,
in the URL box, type about:config .......... press Enter
in the Search box, type rpx

right click (the ...PerPx) item
click Modify
change the value to 1.0
adsada

Post by adsada »

Hi thanks, that seems to be it. But it was set at -1.0 and changing it to 1.0 like you said makes it too small, It used to be a size in-between the two but when I tried 0.5 it went really tiny, 0.0 seems to be the same as -1.0 can you tell me the best size for this?

also the tabs still seem massive, like much longer then they were
cheers
rais

Post by rais »

I set mine to 1.0, everything looked OK; "this looks like a good place to stop", which I did =D>
adsada

Post by adsada »

rais wrote:I set mine to 1.0, everything looked OK; "this looks like a good place to stop", which I did =D>

I settled at 1.2 :mrgreen:
100%

Post by 100% »

adsada wrote:Hi thanks, that seems to be it. But it was set at -1.0 and changing it to 1.0 like you said makes it too small, It used to be a size in-between the two but when I tried 0.5 it went really tiny, 0.0 seems to be the same as -1.0 can you tell me the best size for this?

Just do this:

viewtopic.php?p=12748925#p12748925

HTH
willarson

Post by willarson »

update 22 is a good example dumb programming. I got fed up with the nonsense and downloaded the last full version, 19.0.2, and EVERYTHING is back to normal. Mozilla---get rid of that 22 mess and allow update 21.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

19.0.2 isn't the last full version. 21 is. You can find it at the mozilla site without a problem.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
willarson

Post by willarson »

I stand corrected. I now have F 21 for my sanity and F22 for experimenting. Both share the same appearance, bookmarks, plugs etc. Both full installs.