Preferences Dialog is not resizable

Discussion of bugs in Seamonkey
coolsax98

Preferences Dialog is not resizable

Post by coolsax98 »

I've just downloaded the lastest nightly build and was wondering if the preferences dialog box should be resizable. I'm getting options that are being clipped. It's a brand new install, profile and all.

Clif
raj_bhaskar

Post by raj_bhaskar »

This is bug appears to have been marked WONTFIX: http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=122345
JLP

I hate it too

Post by JLP »

I also hate that Pref dialog is not resizable.
Live long and prosper!
old jasonb

Post by old jasonb »

The bug is actually marked INVALID.

It's not supposed to be resizable - but everything is supposed to fit in the static size. You're supposed to file a new bug on each section of the panel that you're seeing as clipped. FWIW, I'm not seeing anything clipped here. I'm using 2002110610 under XP and I'm running 1210x1024.
PepeJeria

Post by PepeJeria »

This bug is a bit embarrasing in my opinion. Just run Mozilla on the MAC. Many preferences items that does not fit. Gives a very unproffesional experience :(
old jasonb

Post by old jasonb »

PepeJeria wrote:This bug is a bit embarrasing in my opinion. Just run Mozilla on the MAC. Many preferences items that does not fit. Gives a very unproffesional experience :(

Have you filed appropriate bugs in Bugzilla for each section that doesn't work for you under MacOS? If not, please do so. It will help address the problem.
raj_bhaskar

Post by raj_bhaskar »

JBassford wrote:The bug is actually marked INVALID.

Oops, that's a bit embarrasing, isn't it :oops:. I just glanced at the resolution, went to read the comments and then posted here, without double-checking the resolution. Ho hum.
herman

Full screen preferences

Post by herman »

You can see it full-sized via the chrome URL, but it doesn´t accept changes. ok and cancel are closing the window, help button is inactive.

chrome://communicator/content/pref/pref.xul

You must copy and paste the link into the location bar, chrome-links are not clickable.
Tony

Re: Full screen preferences

Post by Tony »

herman wrote:You must copy and paste the link into the location bar, chrome-links are not clickable.
Actually, I clicked on it and it did open (2002110708 W2K).

Tony.