Advanced javascript options (new prefs ui only)

Talk about add-ons and extension development.
Mossop

Post by Mossop »

Cosmoxl wrote:no, that was with the official build. but, I had "it" make a new profile, and it's working fine now.

Odd, I can't think what would stop the extension working, but then from what I understand sometimes profiles just get messed up and the strangest things happen. Glad you got it sorted anyway.

BenneJezzerette wrote:Installed looks like it maybe the new Advacned look. Not on the Tab of the menu at all now. Is this the intention, or ??

Yes that is intentional, the options can now be found by clicking on the "Advanced..." button by the javascript setting in the content tab.
diaz8

Post by diaz8 »

Something odd, i have just downloaded last 1.0 version and "Ok" button doesn´t work for me.
ColdFusion650

Post by ColdFusion650 »

works for me.
diaz8

Post by diaz8 »

Sorry,

clean profile WFM
BenneJezzerette

Post by BenneJezzerette »

mossop wrote:
Cosmoxl wrote:no, that was with the official build. but, I had "it" make a new profile, and it's working fine now.

Odd, I can't think what would stop the extension working, but then from what I understand sometimes profiles just get messed up and the strangest things happen. Glad you got it sorted anyway.

BenneJezzerette wrote:Installed looks like it maybe the new Advacned look. Not on the Tab of the menu at all now. Is this the intention, or ??

Yes that is intentional, the options can now be found by clicking on the "Advanced..." button by the javascript setting in the content tab.

Great so the .7 should actually be uninstaled before installing 1.0? yes/ no? Looks like it should to me anyway.
Vista Home Premium 64 AMD 9950 Quad Core + 8GB DDR2 1066 1x500GB 1X750GB Partitioned 1X1TB MSI GTX260 896
Firefox Safe Browsing - Pocomail Safe E-Mail from Script Kitties
True Internet Surfing + E-Mail not Junk
joeg
Location: How can you be in two places at once, when you're not anywhere at all?

OK Button doesn't work

Post by joeg »

I've read in the other posts that with a new profile the OK button works. I've tested it and that's correct.

The problem is that the new builds (since 07 March) are having some problems, and although jsoptions appears to work with them using a new profile, it appears that the builds themselves don't work :-(

Other than a new profile, is there any way to get the OK button in js options vers. 1.0. to work?

Thanks.
Although every day is Judgment Day, I nonetheless feel like a room without a roof.
Mossop

Post by Mossop »

BenneJezzerette wrote:Great so the .7 should actually be uninstaled before installing 1.0? yes/ no? Looks like it should to me anyway.

No, I don't believe that that is the case. I just installed 1.0 direct onto a clean profile and it worked fine. I think some people are just experiencing trouble with errors in their profile.

Mossop
Mossop

Re: OK Button doesn't work

Post by Mossop »

JoeG wrote:Other than a new profile, is there any way to get the OK button in js options vers. 1.0. to work?

I'm assuming you are talking about the OK button that should close the javascript options and apply the settings. That button is provided by the core preferences window code so there is not a lot I can do with it. If you still see the error can you open the javascript console and post any error in there that appears to be preferences related.

Mossop
BenneJezzerette

mossop wrote:
BenneJezzerette wrote:Great so the .7 should actually be uninstaled before installing 1.0? yes/ no? Looks like it should to me anyway.

No, I don't believe that that is the case. I just installed 1.0 direct onto a clean profile and it worked fine. I think some people are just experiencing trouble with errors in their profile.

Mossop

Ok, so is the jslib version part of the issue? I believe I have the most current. I had to remove even the folder so it would say 1.0 in the EM.
Vista Home Premium 64 AMD 9950 Quad Core + 8GB DDR2 1066 1x500GB 1X750GB Partitioned 1X1TB MSI GTX260 896
Mossop

Post by Mossop »

BenneJezzerette wrote:Ok, so is the jslib version part of the issue? I believe I have the most current. I had to remove even the folder so it would say 1.0 in the EM.

This extension doesn't use jslib. Can I just check what problem you had. From what I understand you had 0.7 installed then it auto-updated. After restarting firefox the extensions manager still said that version 0.7 was installed. Did the options work at that point, either as an extra panel in the options or as the button in the content panel?

Mossop
BenneJezzerette

mossop wrote:
BenneJezzerette wrote:Ok, so is the jslib version part of the issue? I believe I have the most current. I had to remove even the folder so it would say 1.0 in the EM.

This extension doesn't use jslib. Can I just check what problem you had. From what I understand you had 0.7 installed then it auto-updated. After restarting firefox the extensions manager still said that version 0.7 was installed. Did the options work at that point, either as an extra panel in the options or as the button in the content panel?

Mossop

Yes I did. And even after the autoupdate it said 0.7 not 1.0, and it just auto updated constantly. Would not bump the version up. The Menu was on the options menu, not in the advanced as it is now. I had to clean out the Extensions Folder of several things and it finally worked, but uninstalled it, rather than update after the clean up. So looks as though maybe it was some other extension flailing it about, and not allowing it to bump up. TabMix I think. That is a messy extension I am told as it is a culprit in crashing the later trunks of FF.
Mossop

Post by Mossop »

Ah right it sounds like the auto-update failed. I have a sneaky suspicion for what might have caused that. But if it's what I think it is there is nothing I can do about it other than suggest to people having the same problem that they uninstall the extension before installing 1.0 ;)

Mossop
BenneJezzerette

mossop wrote:Ah right it sounds like the auto-update failed. I have a sneaky suspicion for what might have caused that. But if it's what I think it is there is nothing I can do about it other than suggest to people having the same problem that they uninstall the extension before installing 1.0 ;)

Mossop

Glad to have been able to post clearly. Hopes the other Ext Writers get the new Options V menu straight too. Maybe Ben should have given the Ext Writers the heads up a lot sooner before the preview so they could get a head start on the ext writing for it. Oh afterthought!! if it was only before! lol.
kluwitter

Post by kluwitter »

diaz8 wrote:Something odd, i have just downloaded last 1.0 version and "Ok" button doesn´t work for me.

I had had the same problem (upgrading from 0.7). I remove all entries in "localstore.rdf" containing references to js , now it <b>WFM.</b>

I think it was an old windows position stored in localstore (screenX, ScreenY) ...

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; de-DE; rv:1.8b2) Gecko/20050308 Firefox/1.0+ (MOOX M1)
Mossop

Post by Mossop »

mossop wrote:Ah right it sounds like the auto-update failed. I have a sneaky suspicion for what might have caused that. But if it's what I think it is there is nothing I can do about it other than suggest to people having the same problem that they uninstall the extension before installing 1.0 ;)

Ok, I was wrong. I have figured out why the auto update to version 1.0 was failing and it was totally my own fault. Sorry to everyone this affected, it should be resolved now, though I imagine thats not a great deal of help really #-o.

kluwitter wrote:
diaz8 wrote:Something odd, i have just downloaded last 1.0 version and "Ok" button doesn´t work for me.

I had had the same problem (upgrading from 0.7). I remove all entries in "localstore.rdf" containing references to js , now it WFM.

This is very odd. Javascript Options doesn't put anything into localstore.rdf in v0.7, I've just double checked that. I don't suppose you checked at all for any errors in the javascript console when you had the problem.

I should take this point to say that I am moving house on the weekend and thanks to my ISP being incapable of organising themselves I will be without internet for a week and a half :cry:. Feel free to continue to post comments, bugs and suggestions here, but I'm unlikely to reply to them for a while.

Mossop