The Official Win32 20050309 [Trunk] build is out.

Discussion about official Mozilla Firefox builds
a;skdjfajf;ak

Post by a;skdjfajf;ak »

mattcoz wrote:Why is the tree closed?

Something has caused the Linux Luna build machine to go 'Orange'., the are checking to see what patch killed the build process, or at least is introducing too many build errors.
supernova_00

Post by supernova_00 »

Is there a bug filed for adding a close button to the sidebar? If so please post the bug number. tried searching but couldnt find anything.
vertigo451

Post by vertigo451 »

supernova_00 wrote:Is there a bug filed for adding a close button to the sidebar? If so please post the bug number. tried searching but couldnt find anything.

Isn't there a close button on the sidebar already? Or am I not understanding what you are asking?
Peter(6)

Post by Peter(6) »

Can anyone tell with certainty what bug caused all the tab regressions ?
nightly build threads 20040225 (FF 0.8.0+) - 20120331 (FF14a)
BenneJezzerette

Post by BenneJezzerette »

Side note:

I have been clicking on several of the Bugzilla Listings, many of them have current builds attached to them. This I can seem, but what I can not see, is an older say 0.10 build set as a current bug. Is there a reason for this to be as such? One example is I was looking at a bug for some URL thing, and it was set to FF 0.9.3+ and this was only 1 or so months ago. If bugs get fixed, shouldn't they be removed, or the thread bumped and new information set for the Browser Version?
Vista Home Premium 64 AMD 9950 Quad Core + 8GB DDR2 1066 1x500GB 1X750GB Partitioned 1X1TB MSI GTX260 896
Firefox Safe Browsing - Pocomail Safe E-Mail from Script Kitties
True Internet Surfing + E-Mail not Junk
chob

Post by chob »

Peter(6) wrote:Can anyone tell with certainty what bug caused all the tab regressions ?

I was under the impression it was <a href="https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=285188">(285188) nsFrameLoader::GetDocShell should not throw if it can create the docshell</a> but bz <a href="https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=285244#c11">seemed quite certain it wasn't</a>, so maybe <a href="https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=285219">(285219) RangeError: reserved slot index out of range</a> but I'm guessing.
I'd try and track things down but I have little bandwidth atm to download different builds, etc.
a;skdjfajf;ak

Post by a;skdjfajf;ak »

Peter(6) wrote:Can anyone tell with certainty what bug caused all the tab regressions ?

I suggested this earlier, but I'm no coder, nor pretend to be, but was checked in in the time frame you gave earlier.

Maybe because of this Bug Fix...

https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=285219
Checked in by brendon at 22:23 hrs PST ... (from the Tinderbox tree)

Comments suggest a crash in the js shell, and I'm seeing js errors in XP Events logs.

Faulting application firefox.exe, version 1.0.0.0, faulting module js3250.dll, version 4.0.0.0, fault address 0x0001e98b.

This occured clinking any bookmark in the Bookmark TabBar or from Bookmarks drop list.
onemen

Post by onemen »

Littlemutt it was very goot tip, i just replaced today js3250.dll with the same file from 2005-03-07 trunk and now miniT+ and sessionsaver snapback tab working again :)
Peter(6)

Post by Peter(6) »

I'm no coder either and it sucks ;-)
I just wished I had 48 or rather 72 hours per day

onemen wrote:Littlemutt it was very goot tip, i just replaced today js3250.dll with the same file from 2005-03-07 trunk and now miniT+ and sessionsaver snapback tab working again :)
great, I commented that in the bug.
supernova_00

Post by supernova_00 »

vertigo451 wrote:
supernova_00 wrote:Is there a bug filed for adding a close button to the sidebar? If so please post the bug number. tried searching but couldnt find anything.

Isn't there a close button on the sidebar already? Or am I not understanding what you are asking?

I'm wanting a red X so I can close the sidebar just like the tabs.
I don't have one and I can't ever remember having one.
Screenshot

EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out. I had this in my userchrome.css file.

Code: Select all

.tabs-closebutton {
   display: none !important;
}

How come that code also removes the close button from the sidebar? and if it removes the button from both of those why not also the FAYT bar?
Daaavid

Post by Daaavid »

Peter(6) wrote:I just wished I had 48 or rather 72 hours per day

I agree ;)
By the Way, the Tree is open.
vertigo451

Post by vertigo451 »

Peter(6) wrote:I'm no coder either and it sucks ;-)
I just wished I had 48 or rather 72 hours per day

onemen wrote:Littlemutt it was very goot tip, i just replaced today js3250.dll with the same file from 2005-03-07 trunk and now miniT+ and sessionsaver snapback tab working again :)
great, I commented that in the bug.

I am pretty sure that you guys are correct. MiniT is crashing at

eval("gBrowser.addTab ="+gBrowser.addTab.toString().replace(
'if (!blank)',
'if (gPrefService.getBoolPref("tablib.tabs_open_relative")) position = this.mCurrentTab.ordinal-0+1; \
 t.ordinal = position; \
 this.mTabs.splice(position, 0, t); \
 for(var i = position+1; i < this.mTabs.length; i++){this.mTabs[i].ordinal = i;} \
 if(this.mTabs[position-1].selected) t.setAttribute("afterselected", true); \
 t.__defineGetter__("selected", t.__lookupGetter__("selected") ); \
 t.__defineSetter__("selected", tablib.onselect); \
 if (!blank)'));

Which looks like a js problem with eval.
Last edited by vertigo451 on March 8th, 2005, 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Peter(6)

Post by Peter(6) »

supernova_00 wrote:EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out. I had this in my userchrome.css file.

.tabs-closebutton {
}

How come that code also removes the close button from the sidebar? and if it removes the button from both of those why not also the FAYT bar?
Because some have the same, some don't.
This was kinda rushed in for FF1.0 final if I remember well
vertigo451

Post by vertigo451 »

supernova_00 wrote:EDIT: Nevermind, figured it out. I had this in my userchrome.css file.

.tabs-closebutton {
}

I use...

/* Hide Tabbar close Button */
.tabbrowser-tabs > stack > .tabs-closebutton-box > .tabs-closebutton,
.tabbrowser-tabs > stack > .tabs-right,
.tabbrowser-tabs > hbox > .tabs-right {
}

Which hides the close button on only the tab bar for me.
Robert S.

Post by Robert S. »

supernova_00 wrote:

.tabs-closebutton {
}

The find close button is a toolbarbutton element with find-closebutton as the id and without a class attribute and the tabs / sidebar close button is a toolbarbutton element that has a tabs-closebutton class attribute. Your css definition states all elements with a tabs-closebutton class attribute should not be displayed.