[Ext]Default FullZoom Level

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
jack6128

Re: [Ext]Default FullZoom Level

Post by jack6128 »

Just curious... where does Default FullZoom Level store site specific settings?

Thanks,
Jack
paulkienitz

Post by paulkienitz »

I just noticed that when I set the default zoom to one value, but the zoom for a particular website to another, then hitting Ctrl+0 goes to the global default zoom. What I would like is to be able to set it per-website in such a way that it actually is the default there, so that using the reset key works appropriately. For some websites, the new Firefox 22 magnification based on Windows PPI is appropriate, and for others -- particularly for ones that feature photography -- it's not. My girlfriend likes to blow sites up big and I need to be able to wind them back with Ctrl+0. But at present, whenever I set two websites to different base zooms using the add-on, one of the two is fragile and I can only restore that zoom by opening the add-ons toolbar, not with the usual zoom keystrokes. Since what's advertised on the box is control of "default full zoom", I'd like it if it truly set the DEFAULT for a given page. Thanks.
Franpa

Post by Franpa »

Is Default Full Zoom Level the same add-on as Default FullZoom Level? (They list the same author as each other)

Are you aware that choosing a zoom level without transitioning through all the interim zoom levels to reach the desired zoom level, doesn't zoom properly? To put it simply, load an image and then change the zoom from 100% to 300%, nothing much happened right? It barely zoomed in. Now repeat the process but instead of going "100% straight to 300%" go 100% then 110%, 120%, 133%, 150%, 170%, 200%, 240% and finally 300% (Ctrl & Scroll Wheel greatly helps). Now the image is massively zoomed in!

So going from 100% to a specific zoom level results in incorrect zooming, but progressing through each zoom level till you reach the desired zoom level, works perfectly fine.

I can provide a video recording if you don't understand.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 x64|AMD Ryzen 3700X|ASUS Crosshair Hero VIII (WiFi)|16GB 3600MHz RAM|Nvidia Geforce 1070Ti 8GB|Corsair AX760 Power Supply
WhtDwrf

Post by WhtDwrf »

I noticed with recent Nighty's, the Zoom % is no longer displayed.
The zoom Icon is the only thing displayed.
Is this a nightly bug, or a new 'feature' that needs code changes to work around.

The browser UI state string I have is:
    browser.uiCustomization.state;{"placements":{"PanelUI-contents":["zoom-controls","find-button","new-window-button","privatebrowsing-button","fullscreen-button","preferences-button","abp-toolbarbutton","nightly-tester-enter","developer-button","feed-button"],"nav-bar":["bookmarks-menu-button","urlbar-container","statusbarZoomLevel","search-container","webrtc-status-button","downloads-button","social-share-button","social-toolbar-item"],"toolbar-menubar":["save-page-button","print-button","open-file-button","menubar-items"],"TabsToolbar":["alltabs-button","history-panelmenu","home-button","new-tab-button","restartlessrestart-toolbarbutton","tabbrowser-tabs","tabs-closebutton","tabview-button"],"PersonalToolbar":["edit-controls","personal-bookmarks","secureLoginButton","savedpasswordeditor-button","syncplaces-button","pex-toolbar-button","add-ons-button","widget:compatibility@addons.mozilla.org-acr-dialog"],"addon-bar":["addonbar-closebutton","status-bar"]},"seen":[],"dirtyAreaCache":["PanelUI-contents","PersonalToolbar","toolbar-menubar","TabsToolbar","nav-bar"],"newElementCount":11}

My current version is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:28.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/28.0 ID:20131127030201 CSet: 6ecf0c4dfcbe

Thank you for the great extension; and your help.
Windows NT 5.1 XP SP3; Using latest Firefox & TB, release builds.. and Firefox.beta channel build candidates.
Testing with latest Nightly and Aurora builds.
WhtDwrf

Post by WhtDwrf »

I am not sure if the following error console messages are related to the previous problem I mentioned
I noticed with recent Nighty's, the Zoom % is no longer displayed.
The zoom Icon is the only thing displayed.
, but for FWIW here they are:

Code: Select all

Timestamp: 1/15/2014 3:02:12 PM
Error: ReferenceError: MOUSE_SCROLL_ZOOM is not defined
Source File: chrome://defaultfullzoomlevel/content/browserOverlay22.js
Line: 196

Timestamp: 1/15/2014 2:53:32 PM
Error: DEPRECATION WARNING: nsIContentPrefService is deprecated. Please use nsIContentPrefService2 instead.
You may find more details about this deprecation at: https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/XPCOM_Interface_Reference/nsIContentPrefService2
resource://gre/modules/ContentPrefInstance.jsm 24 ContentPrefInstance_init
[color=#0000FF]chrome://defaultfullzoomlevel/content/browserOverlay22.js 387 FullZoom_onLocationChange[/color]
chrome://browser/content/browser.js 12682 XWB_onUpdateCurrentBrowser
chrome://browser/content/tabbrowser.xml 463 _callProgressListeners/<
chrome://browser/content/tabbrowser.xml 460 _callProgressListeners
chrome://browser/content/tabbrowser.xml 1035 updateCurrentBrowser
chrome://browser/content/browser.xul 1 onselect
chrome://global/content/bindings/tabbox.xml 642 set_selectedIndex
chrome://global/content/bindings/tabbox.xml 661 set_selectedPanel
chrome://global/content/bindings/tabbox.xml 389 set_selectedIndex
chrome://global/content/bindings/tabbox.xml 421 set_selectedItem
chrome://global/content/bindings/tabbox.xml 110 set_selectedTab
chrome://browser/content/tabbrowser.xml 2435 set_selectedTab
chrome://browser/content/tabbrowser.xml 2085 _blurTab
chrome://browser/content/tabbrowser.xml 1817 removeTab
chrome://browser/content/tabbrowser.xml 4534 onxblclick
null 0 null

Source File: resource://gre/modules/Deprecated.jsm
Line: 79

You most likely have seen them already... but, in case it helps.
Windows NT 5.1 XP SP3; Using latest Firefox & TB, release builds.. and Firefox.beta channel build candidates.
ghostgun

Post by ghostgun »

Alice!

Very buggy! Please don't abandon this plugin. Auto fit to width is the best idea!
Alice0775

Post by Alice0775 »

ghostgun

Post by ghostgun »

This is great news.

Thanx Alice!
WhtDwrf

Post by WhtDwrf »

Excellent. :D

It even works around (or with) what the 20140303 nightly builds broke.

Thanks again Alice.
streetwolf

Post by streetwolf »

Hi Alice...

Any knowledge as to why Jason T. hasn't been updating NoSquint? Has he abandoned it? It still works with Fx31 although there are problems with the percentage indicator since it is designed to be placed on the now defunct addon bar. The one thing that NS has that no other similar addon has is the ability to simultaneously set a text zoom and full zoom for the same site.
Intel i9-13900K | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO DDR5 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 @ 6400 Mhz.
H100i ELITE CAPELLIX XT Liquid CPU Cooler | PNY 12GB GeForce RTX 3080 Ti | 2 CORSAIR 2TB MP600 PRO XT GEN 4
HX1200 PLATINUM PSU | XENEON 32" IPS UHD 144Hz | BenQ 32" UHD | MS Windows 11 Pro
Alice0775

Post by Alice0775 »

For Firefox29+, Working in progress....
http://space.geocities.jp/alice0775/STO ... -7.0.3.xpi

Known problem:
1. Sometimes, zoom level/mode indication become wrong while background tab is loading.
2. Zoom level does not preserve after tab detached.
3. Icon is still old style(it becomes blur).

(about 1 and 2, To solve a problem, It is necessary to remake a program altogether ](*,) :shock: :!: :?: )

I still recommend to use NoSquint(https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... /nosquint/) :mrgreen:
Zlip792

Post by Zlip792 »

Changelog to 7.0.5 update?
Prost

Post by Prost »

Hi.

I'm using the SpeedDial extension and I have it set as my homepage (with the address chrome://speeddial/content/speeddial.xul). My default global zoom level is set to 140% + Fit to window, but I want SpeedDial to sit at just 100%.

Default FullZoom level doesn't remember this setting. Can anyone confirm?

Using FF 29, BTW.
streetwolf

Post by streetwolf »

Hey Alice.....

Regarding NoSquint, Jason told me that he hasn't the time to update NS. He encourages folks to make updates. As you imply, NS is the best add-on of it's kind. The only problem at the moment is that the NS percentages are coded to go onto the add-on bar which of course is not supported in Fx29+. Jason had plans to make it's location selectable. Personally I use UI Fixer to move it to the navigation bar. Perhaps the biggest future issue is that NS does not work with e10's as it currently exists.

If Jason has indeed "abandoned" NS, for a lack of a better word, I can't think of anyone more qualified than you to spearhead further development of NS. How about it?
Intel i9-13900K | ASUS ROG MAXIMUS Z790 HERO DDR5 | 64GB CORSAIR VENGEANCE DDR5 @ 6400 Mhz.
H100i ELITE CAPELLIX XT Liquid CPU Cooler | PNY 12GB GeForce RTX 3080 Ti | 2 CORSAIR 2TB MP600 PRO XT GEN 4
HX1200 PLATINUM PSU | XENEON 32" IPS UHD 144Hz | BenQ 32" UHD | MS Windows 11 Pro
woodrowGrant

Post by woodrowGrant »

. The only problem at the moment is that the NS percentages are coded to go onto the add-on bar which of course is not supported in Fx29+.
      to display the Add-on bar, in the Menu bar click View
      click Toolbars
      Add-on Bar