Won't save username/password for Yahoo, Gmail

User Help for Mozilla Firefox
Volitics

Won't save username/password for Yahoo, Gmail

Post by Volitics »

Hello;

My FireFox browser won't save the username/password combination for the Yahoo web site and for Google's Gmail.com. Yahoo and Google may have their web sites fixed so that you have to manually fill in the username and password boxes (for security purposes).

Does anybody know how I can force the FireFox browser to save the username and password for web sites like Yahoo and Google?

Thanks.
tambits10

Post by tambits10 »

Hi

I use an extension for my Gmail called 'Gmailnotifier'. After it is installed, quit Firefox, then restart. You then want to click on 'tools', then 'extensions'. Find the 'Gmailnotifier extension and highlight it. Then click 'options' and at the bottom of the window that opens, you want to put a check mark next to automatically log in.

That should do it for Gmail. I don't use Yahoo, so I can't help you there.

Cheers
acrosby

Post by acrosby »

I've noticed the same thing, only worse. I had to clear out my cookies and exceptions because of some strange behavior at a site I couldn't find. Since I've done that, FF does not ask me about saving cookies as it used to do. It seems to make its own decisions now. I uninstalled FF entirely ans reinstalled it, but that made no difference. All my bookmarks, passwords, extensions were still there and functioning.

Any ideas how to make it forget everthing and start from scratch?

Thanks
craigevil

Post by craigevil »

Make sure your saved passwords is checked. Double check to make sure you did not mark them as "Never Remember". Also make sure Yahoo/Gmail are set to Allow cookies.

I use the Cookie Culler Extension it lets you protect cookies.

Acrosby you might have to do a clean install. But I would check the Hostperm file and the cookie.txt file and manually clear them out. Make sure all cookie and paswords are cleared. Clear your cache as well. If you still have the problem do a clean install.
Raspberry PI 400 Distro: Raspberry Pi OS Base: Debian Sid Kernel: 5.15.26-v8+ aarch64 DE: MATE Ram 4GB
Debian - "If you can't apt install something, it isn't useful or doesn't exist"
My Giant Sources.list

Post by Guest »

Volitics...check out Jesse's bookmarklets...they have one that saves passwords on hotmail and yahoo......

http://www.squarefree.com/bookmarklets/forms.html

Post by Guest »

http://www.extensionsmirror.nl/index.php?showtopic=621
Always Remember Password 0.1.1 (Beta) - The Extensions Mirror

you can access gmail thru sage