Contact a Board Administrator? Log-in, registration issues

Talk about stuff specific to the site -- bugs, suggestions, and of course praise welcome.
LoudNoise

Re: How do I Contact a Board Administrator?

Post by LoudNoise »

I get it very, very occasionally. I just have to reload the page and it goes away. You are right, it is abit shocking the first time you see it.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
Adikson

Post by Adikson »

:cry:h.! Why can i receive activition email.Ill try to login in my forum...Says contact administrator...Please helpme.Administratorg
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

What is your username?
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
relem

Post by relem »

I am also having the login problem. It recognizes my email but not my user name. Now it's possible I could have used a different user name than relem. My email address is removed email address.
Last edited by RobertJ on July 23rd, 2013, 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Reoved email address
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Give us your email address in the form of username AT example DOT com (or whatever)
Post wrangler
relem

Post by relem »

I put my email address in that way yesterday and it was removed. Here tis again: renejr1 AT earthlink DOT net.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

There is no forum user ID associated with that email address. Have you tried choosing an ID and registering using that email address?
relem

Post by relem »

I have tried registering again, the last time just now. I get the message "The entered e-mail address is already in use." So your system has my email out there some where. Other times that I try , the message is that my account has not been activated.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

I don't find the email address either. I even did a " renej*" search.

Do you remember when you registered? Also, have you posted before now?

I am off to work but I will look into this again when I get home.
Post wrangler
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Ok, I still cannot find the account but can confirm that the forum does think that your email is being used. Still working on this but if you posted on the forum the subject or an actual post would help.
Post wrangler
James

Post by James »

I found the account which is from way back in 2005 with no posts. I activated the account since it was still a "Newly registered account" due to not clicking on activation link in email sent back then.

renejr
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Thanks James, how did you find it?
Post wrangler
James

Post by James »

Just did a Manage users search of renejr1 then renejr and then used the account number to get the profile. The Members search will not list deactivated or newly registered accounts and the * wildcard does not work in Manage users search.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Thanks. It presents a couple of other questions but that would be for a different thread.
Post wrangler
Lowitt

Post by Lowitt »

Unfortunately, LOL's don't solve problems ... like attempting to log-in, being told 1) you have been banned until December whatever 2013 ... with no reason whatever given (guess it's a National Security secret, huh?), 2) being told to go to a Discussion Site and log in as a "guest"...without the slightest bit of information telling how that is to be done (guess it's a need-to-know basis, huh?); 3) being told my username/password are unacceptable or wrong or whatever (it never designates which, so it's Let's Play Guess-Again Time); 4) attempting to reregister and see if that will "clear the air" on all this, but being rejected because (surprise!) my email address is "already in use" ... (no, it's not "in use"; it would be in use if one could access the wonderful forums ...).

All I was wanting to figure out is why Firefox, most recently downloaded version, presents a nice icon in my MacBook's dock but does nothing when clicked or double-clicked upon ...

Anyway, everyone On The Inside have a nice day!