keyconfig 20110522

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
sir_cedric_lex

Re: keyconfig 20110522

Post by sir_cedric_lex »

@Zoolcar9:
My keyconfig 20110522 doesn't save it's configuration. I disabled some keys but after I restart Firefox 23 all changes are lost :(
I tried reinstalling the Add-on - sadly the behavior stays the same.
Can you give me a hint how to solve this problem?
tonymec

Post by tonymec »

sir_cedric_lex wrote:@Zoolcar9:
My keyconfig 20110522 doesn't save it's configuration. I disabled some keys but after I restart Firefox 23 all changes are lost :(
I tried reinstalling the Add-on - sadly the behavior stays the same.
Can you give me a hint how to solve this problem?

There are some built-in key bindings which catch their keys before keyconfig gets a change to look at them: these ones you cannot alter or disable. Others you can.
Best regards,
Tony
Miccovin

Post by Miccovin »

Hi guys,

is it possible to deactivate a key at a special site?

For example lets get the simple "script" to scroll up 1 line:

Code: Select all

goDoCommand('cmd_scrollLineUp');

But the key for this should be automatically deactivated on a special site, maybe on forums.mozillazine.org.

Thanks,
Mic
sashabe

Post by sashabe »

Please, help - I can't find a command to focus a sidebar upon its opening.
I use Checkvist service for tasks, and it allows you to manipulate the tasks from keyboard.
Currently I use this code to load Checkvist page into a sidebar and then try to focus its contents, but focus doesn't seem to settle in the right place:

var sidebar_box = document.getElementById('sidebar-box');
if(sidebar_box.hidden) {openWebPanel("Checkvist","http://checkvist.com/iframe.html");
gURLBar.focus();
for (var i = 0; i<4; i++) {
    window.setTimeout(function() {
 commandDispatcher.advanceFocus();
}, 200);
}
}
else {toggleSidebar();}
bege

Post by bege »

dorando wrote:Try

ChangeLanguage({ target: { value: "en-US" }, __noSuchMethod__: function() { } }); 

It doesn't work here :roll:
What can I try to make it work?

Windows 7 Professional 64 bit
FF 23.0.1
morat

Post by morat »

@bege

The ChangeLanguage function is for the Thunderbird compose window.
bege

Post by bege »

morat wrote:@bege

The ChangeLanguage function is for the Thunderbird compose window.

Thank you, morat. Already in use :-)

Now, who knows this function for Firefox?
morat

Post by morat »

@bege

Try this:

Services.prefs.setCharPref("spellchecker.dictionary", "en-US");

Are you using the Dictionary Switcher extension?
bege

Post by bege »

morat wrote:@bege

Try this:

Services.prefs.setCharPref("spellchecker.dictionary", "en-US");

No, that doesn't change the dictionaries unfortunately.
morat wrote:Are you using the Dictionary Switcher extension?

I did and I used the commands from it's menu for keyconfig. That worked. But some spell checker or translation add-on that tries to find out the language writes a lot of rubbish into web-mail messages and forum posts. I didn't find out yet, which. And you know that it is not really compatible any more. So I deactivated it and am looking for a direct keyconfig command.
ddong

Post by ddong »

Hello, i'm trying to change the next/previous tab group keyboard shortcut. So i ended up downloading this extension. However, even after long searching, i couldn't find the code related to these actions. I really hope someone reading this do and will let us know..! Thank you :)
tonymec

Post by tonymec »

ddong wrote:Hello, i'm trying to change the next/previous tab group keyboard shortcut. So i ended up downloading this extension. However, even after long searching, i couldn't find the code related to these actions. I really hope someone reading this do and will let us know..! Thank you :)

Is the “old” key binding for these actions mentioned somewhere in the list in the keyconfig preferences? If it is, try changing it. If it isn't, it probably gets acted upon before keyconfig has a chance to see it.
Best regards,
Tony
ddong

Post by ddong »

No it doesn't appear, of course i checked... "it probably gets acted upon before keyconfig has a chance to see it" i don't understand the meaning of this.. By this way i set the board preferences to my time zone (UTC +2) but post times are totally wrong..?
tonymec

Post by tonymec »

ddong wrote:No it doesn't appear, of course i checked... "it probably gets acted upon before keyconfig has a chance to see it" i don't understand the meaning of this.. By this way i set the board preferences to my time zone (UTC +2) but post times are totally wrong..?

Well, some keypresses are acted upon in a way which lets keyconfig see them (and possibly modify them) before they reach your browser or mailer. The corresponding bindings can be customized by simply changing one line in the keyconfig preferences.

Other keypresses are snatched and acted upon before keyconfig ever sees them. The corresponding keybindings will go on doing the same things even if you configure a different key for the same action in keyconfig. These are harder to customize because you have to figure out exactly which javascript methods need to be called in what sequence.

BTW I see this post of yours as “Posted 25 Aug 2013 05:55 pm” i.e. today at 17:55. That would be a little less than 3 hours ago if my preferences are correctly configured; ATM they say “UTC+1 (Central Europe) with DST” and my clock time is 20:28.
Best regards,
Tony
tonymec

Post by tonymec »

tonymec wrote:BTW I see this post of yours as “Posted 25 Aug 2013 05:55 pm” i.e. today at 17:55. That would be a little less than 3 hours ago if my preferences are correctly configured; ATM they say “UTC+1 (Central Europe) with DST” and my clock time is 20:28.

…except that I forgot that my wristwatch is a few minutes forward; but now I see my time settings are correct.
Best regards,
Tony
ddong

Post by ddong »

I have ZERO knowledge... That's why i'm here asking for help. The problem with the original shortcut is that it doesn't work with azerty keyboard. Apparently mozilla team didn't care about that.