Australis Home and Bookmark buttons

Discuss application theming and theme development.
patrickjdempsey

Re: Australis Home and Bookmark buttons

Post by patrickjdempsey »

Sounds like you have to create a completely custom implementation with different ID names than the default stuff so their broken code doesn't affect the extension buttons.
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
Aris

Post by Aris »

Its not that simple.

The starred/non-starred status and the bookmarks doorhanger popup are assigned to Australis bookmarks menu button in browser.js.

Unfortunately adding ___onclick="BookmarkingUI.onCommand(event);"___ to another item does not mean it inherits these features.

Having the bookmarks doorhanger popup on identity box is already not nice (if bookmarks menu button is on toolbar + is hidden), but corrupting the new items usage, if the default bookmarks menu button is moved or removed is a no-go.

Reimplementing all needed scripts could probably solve these issues, but I'm not sure, if it is worth the effort.
patrickjdempsey

Post by patrickjdempsey »

I'm pretty sure I was able to get that function to work with a custom button by hiding the default button and using observers in a binding to transfer it's starred state. You can use observers to populate pretty much everything, the only real bugger is that a custom implementation won't be compatible with Themes.
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
rolandixor

Post by rolandixor »

So in a nutshell, it's a no go all around and I just have to live with it :(?

BTW Aris I don't mind if the bookmark popup comes up in the wrong place. I just want a normal behaviour and look of the button (or something similar/sensible).
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

rolandixor wrote:So in a nutshell, it's a no go all around and I just have to live with it :(?

Pretty unlikely, especially as I intend to be using my Bookmark and History (sidebar) buttons with Australis, or I won't be using it at all.

It'll get sorted...by someone. ;)
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
Aris

Post by Aris »

If bookmarks/history sidebars won't be removed, I will support them via own toolbar buttons.
KLB

Post by KLB »

I couldn't find any other theme related Australis threads in theme development so I'll ask here.

Has anyone figured out if it is possible to restore webpage titles to the browser title bar?
Ken Barbalace - AMO Editor (I focus on reviewing themes)
I maintain Classic Compact, a very compact yet clean Firefox theme.
EnvironmentalChemistry.com (Periodic Table)
Aris

Post by Aris »

about:config -> browser.tabs.drawInTitlebar -> false
This mostly restores the old titlebar.