Google Calendar momentarily not available (yellow triangle)

For discussing the Mozilla Calendar, Sunbird and Lightning projects.
rigius

Re: Google Calendar momentarily not available (yellow triang

Post by rigius »

The easiest way I have found to work around the "hangs at the Master password window" problem is using the StartupMaster plugin. See Bug 901329.

I fyou use only Google calendars and you are under TB v24 / Lightning v2.6, you can use the patch posted here Bug 920755 to more or less make it work (adding manually the line "

Code: Select all

'<D:sync-level>1</D:sync-level>' +
" to the file calDavRequestHandlers.js).

For the moment, I have found it easier recreating the Google Caldav calendars using the Provider for Google Calendar plugin.
zeepster

Post by zeepster »

rigius wrote:The easiest way I have found to work around the "hangs at the Master password window" problem is using the StartupMaster plugin. See Bug 901329.

I fyou use only Google calendars and you are under TB v24 / Lightning v2.6, you can use the patch posted here Bug 920755 to more or less make it work (adding manually the line "

Code: Select all

'<D:sync-level>1</D:sync-level>' +
" to the file calDavRequestHandlers.js).

For the moment, I have found it easier recreating the Google Caldav calendars using the Provider for Google Calendar plugin.

Thank you for the help and the links. I'm glad there is a way to make it work.

Can you explain to me what exactly you mean by this?

I always thought that Provider For Google is needed for Calendar to work with a (Google) calendar, so i have it installed already. But i don't understand what to do with it.
ballu

Post by ballu »

After the calendars stopped working in mac osx yesterday I decided to give it another go with the '<D:sync-level>1</D:sync-level>' + method mentioned before. It didn't help.

But I got it to work with the google calendar provider by doing the following:

- Go to my Google-Profile > Account > Security > Allow 2-step authentification (I had not done this before)
- Follow the activation procedure
- Create an application-specific password (save it for later in a textfile)
- Have the newest version of lightning and and gcal provider
- Set up new calendars using gcal provider with the XML-Adresses of my calendars (can be retrieved in the settings menu of google-calendar online)
- Use the application-specific password from before (check the box to save it in the password-manager)

I don't know if the code-modification '<D:sync-level>1</D:sync-level>' + is necessary for this to work, but as it works like this, I will leave it. If above steps don't help you might try modifying the line of code.
mkoenecke

Post by mkoenecke »

I spoke too soon: since October 1, the only events that Provider for Google Calendar version 0.21pre will show are pre-2013. Which makes the calendar pretty useless. I have given up on synching Tasks for the time being, and gone back to Provider version 0.25.
bhoth

Post by bhoth »

Hi folks, just keeping this alive. Any updates on the 2.6 fix?

thanks
jonyd1

Post by jonyd1 »

Hi everyone - I'm still unable to get my google calendar to work with Lightning. I'm using Thunderbird 24.0.1 and Lightning 2.6.1 - I still get the little yellow triangle when trying to sync. This has been like this for quite some time now, and I'm wondering if there are any status updates on a fix? I'm not really sure what to do at this point - the whole calendar plug in becomes somewhat useless without this functionality. Thanks!
afilios

Post by afilios »

All my Google Apps calendars sync well. However, the calendar based on the ID user@gmail.com does not sync (all other calendars weather. holidays provided by google or personal do sync).
zeepster

Post by zeepster »

jonyd1 wrote:Hi everyone - I'm still unable to get my google calendar to work with Lightning. I'm using Thunderbird 24.0.1 and Lightning 2.6.1 - I still get the little yellow triangle when trying to sync. This has been like this for quite some time now, and I'm wondering if there are any status updates on a fix? I'm not really sure what to do at this point - the whole calendar plug in becomes somewhat useless without this functionality. Thanks!

Same here. I got it working for a while through the bugzilla, where the dev posts, but it stopped working about a week ago. Even using above latest versions.

The dev doesn't seem to respond here (much).
zeepster

Post by zeepster »

Updated to Thunderbird 24.1.0 and Lighting 2.6.2 and it's not working..

Are there fixes?
localhost

Post by localhost »

zeepster wrote:
jonyd1 wrote:Hi everyone - I'm still unable to get my google calendar to work with Lightning. I'm using Thunderbird 24.0.1 and Lightning 2.6.1 - I still get the little yellow triangle when trying to sync. This has been like this for quite some time now, and I'm wondering if there are any status updates on a fix? I'm not really sure what to do at this point - the whole calendar plug in becomes somewhat useless without this functionality. Thanks!

Same here. I got it working for a while through the bugzilla, where the dev posts, but it stopped working about a week ago. Even using above latest versions.

The dev doesn't seem to respond here (much).

+1 Stopped working again for me too, both on Linux and Mac with Lightning 2.6.2.
Kitefighter

Post by Kitefighter »

Same here, that's why I dumped CalDAV and connected the Google Calendar via ical.
That works fine with the only annoyance that I have to enter my master password twice when I start Thunderbird (no idea, why).
Alastair Farrugia

Post by Alastair Farrugia »

I realise that this is an old thread, but I hope that my post can help at least one person.
I am now using Thunderbird 91.6.1 although I imagine that what I'm describing here happens in older versions too.

1. When adding a Google calendar, the username should be the full email address XYZ@gmail.com and not just ZYZ

2. When I gave only ZYZ as the username, Thunderbird was able to read the calendar (maybe because I was already subscribed to another calendar of XYZ@gmail.com), but could not write to it.
I got an error code MODIFICATION_FAILED
I also got the triangle with an exclamation mark (next to the calendar name) and a message "The Google calendar ABC is momentarily not available"

If Thunderbird could give a more helpful message, such as "Google did not accept the username and password" (or maybe "Stop being an idiot" :-) ) that would be great.
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Thanks for the input but this thread is more than "old". It's been dead for 9 years!
Locking due to the age of the original posts.