Suggestion and logo for The Teleport Suite

Discussion of general topics about Seamonkey
The Teleport Suite

Suggestion and logo for The Teleport Suite

Post by The Teleport Suite »

I have suggested on the Mozilla Wiki the name "Teleport Suite" and a logo as well. I think making the suite eye-candy is also a requirement. I can help you. I did this some time ago, and I think a nice GUI would attract quite a lot of people, because from what I heard, people find Mozilla's GUI ugly.
What do you think about this name? I think the slogan could be "Browse at the speed of thought". Oh well, I'd be more than happy to help :)

Charles.

--
landemaine at gmail
Benno

Post by Benno »

That is a pretty cool suggestion and logo. Why not hint at intelligence and superiority? Let the kids and grand parents go for the toy apps. Let the rest of us get ready for the semantic web too. I like the suggestion above yours, Ana, and as somewhere someone suggested 'The GIT' (Gecko Internet Tool) too though.
I like to do romance inside of you.
Rickkins

Post by Rickkins »

WebZilla...?? (sorry, I've got the creative imagination of a brick)((no offense to bricks))
johann_p

Post by johann_p »

Hah! You just want a program to have the same name as you have, The Teleport Suite!
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe.”
Scarrow

Post by Scarrow »

<em>"Browse at the speed of thought"</em> snares the imagination nicely, I do like that particular catchphrase.

<em>"Teleport Suite"</em>, on the other hand, simply because it retains no original ties to the ol' Moz, aesthetically, leaves me nonplussed.
I do believe, if pressure from the community proves sufficient to move away from the <em>SeaMonkey</em> brand, we would do well to at least retain the <strong>Moz-</strong> prefix.
For the sake of some continuity.

And that's some good, sharp logo design.
Stick around, this project needs designers of every stripe and species.
The Teleport Suite

I think any reference to the Mozilla Foundation is to avoid if we want to be successful. "MozBrowser" or "ExplorZilla" don't prove any creativity from us, and it wouldn't give a good professional image to the targeted audience. People would say "Yet another fork of Mosaic-Netscape-Mozilla-SuiteZilla...".

We have to join forces to create a successful project ;)
Joe1962

Post by Joe1962 »

"Komodo" might have been nice, but it's taken.
SM (usually latest stable) on Linux Mint 19 x86_64.
The Teleport Suite

Yes, but the Komodo dragon is ugly :(
Joe1962

Post by Joe1962 »

Who says? Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. And anyway, how come Godzilla is any nicer? :)
The Teleport Suite

Godzilla is ugly too :D
txGreg

Post by txGreg »

I posted this over in Scarrow's thread already, but just to be thorough...

There's already an "offline browsing" program using the Teleport name. Probably best to avoid that one IMO.
The Teleport Suite

The names we have to avaid:

Teleport Pro
Teleport Ultra
Teleport VLX
Teleport Exec
Teleport FTP

The Teleport Suite apparently is not owned by anybody so far:
http://www.google.com/search?q=%22teleport+suite%22
Paul

Post by Paul »

We need to realize one fact: Telepoert is taken and cannot be used with any name before or after it, period. We do not want to be choosing a new name every few weeks so lets pick one thats unused for any software package. It might take a while to find the right one. If you feel you may have the right name, please do a search on Google and if the name is already used for any software program, internet or computer hardware please do not suggest it since the name is already taken and cannot be used.
larrybpsu

Post by larrybpsu »

Let me speak for a number of folks.....

Yawn.

Let's move on with the task at hand, ok?

I appreciate your effort and such, but let's take that energy and focus it in another direction.
thank you for your time an effort...it won't be forgotten.
kerz
mozillaZine Admin

Post by kerz »

One name thread please.