[Ext] Tab Utilities 1.5 - light but featureful

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
LoudNoise

Re: [Ext] Tab Utilities 1.5 - light but featureful

Post by LoudNoise »

Stux has taken over the development of Tab Utilities which is now called Tab Utilities Phoenix. Please see his topic here: viewtopic.php?f=48&p=13039631#p13039631

Thanks Stux
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Unlocked since the dev seems to be active again.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
Noooooo

Post by Noooooo »

Thank you, ithinc, for updating this wonderful extension! I've just installed version .pre5 on FF24 and noticed that there are some very suspicious buttons in the menu bar. One of them has a notepad icon, another user on AMO noticed the same thing: https://addons.mozilla.org/ru/firefox/a ... ws/508321/

What are those buttons? They look like a malware. How did they even get into this extension?
K4RBQT99

Post by K4RBQT99 »

No malware, they seem to be personal developer tools that ithinc simply missed of to remove from the code due to the rush.
Floyd77

Post by Floyd77 »

Great news!

The most annoying bug still present in this version (and stux's revived one) happens when you select more than one tab and right click -> close tab. It does nothing, in previous versions of Firefox it closed all the selected tabs.

Thanks a lot and welcome again.
ArtLive

Post by ArtLive »

Thank you for returning

Bug report. UX 27

• Does not work dropdown list of Panorama
  • Does not work drag-and-drop
  • Does not work list "Undo close tabs" (does not show anything. Icon is broken)
  • "Close tab button" is not hidden if configured
ithinc

Post by ithinc »

Floyd77 wrote:Great news!

The most annoying bug still present in this version (and stux's revived one) happens when you select more than one tab and right click -> close tab. It does nothing, in previous versions of Firefox it closed all the selected tabs.

Thanks a lot and welcome again.

Confirmed, thanks.
ithinc

Post by ithinc »

Noooooo wrote:What are those buttons? They look like a malware. How did they even get into this extension?

Don't be worry. They are my personal dev tools as K4RBQT99 said. I forgot to remove my personal config file before I release the update.
max2

Post by max2 »

How do I make the panorama button to the default icon instead of the little white arrow pointing to the right please ?
Floyd77

Post by Floyd77 »

max2 wrote:How do I make the panorama button to the default icon instead of the little white arrow pointing to the right please ?

I think you can't. That icon shows an arrow when you only have 1 group, and an X when you have more than 1 group of tabs in panorama.
max2

Post by max2 »

Floyd77 wrote:
max2 wrote:How do I make the panorama button to the default icon instead of the little white arrow pointing to the right please ?

I think you can't. That icon shows an arrow when you only have 1 group, and an X when you have more than 1 group of tabs in panorama.

Actually you can I done it before. Just forgot how.
merrick04

Post by merrick04 »

Is there any way to return to a previous version? I was fine until your update and now it doesn't work at all. Firefox version 24.0. I had installed a work-around for other issues, but was very happy with the way it was working. Or will you be updating it soon so that it WILL work with v24.0? I keep a lot of tabs open and the "reload all tabs" was very important to me.
phil-s

Post by phil-s »

Fantastic to see a new release, but I would urge that you roll another one as quickly as possible due to the accidental inclusion of those dev tool buttons.

I'm afraid that *definitely* looks like some kind of ad-ware, and of course it's unclear to the user where it has come from. I ended up doing a binary-search disabling/enabling through all my extensions in order to figure out which one was at fault, before I could even start looking for an explanation of what it was.

Normally it would be less of an issue -- it's the dev release channel after all -- but I think a lot of people who wouldn't normally do so are using the dev version, due to the extended incompatibility of the stable release.

It's not the end of the world or anything, and I'm extremely happy to see new development happening at all; but it took me a little while to track this down, so you'll save a lot of people from doing the same thing if you can get a replacement up sooner rather than later.

Thanks!
ChuckBaggett

Post by ChuckBaggett »

I'm using the developer's channel version 1.65pre5 with Firefox 24 and the Close Right Tabs is not working, not doing anything. Seems like it was working yesterday, but I wouldn't not put money on it. Close Left Tabs works.

Thanks for the nice extension.

The newly added "Close tabs to the right" in Firefox 24 works, but has an unwanted and settings defying prompt, and where FF should have the number of tabs to be closed displayed, it says "(null)". I include this just for information in case it might be useful.
ChuckBaggett

Post by ChuckBaggett »

The Close Left Tab on the tab context menu works if you are in the 2nd from the leftmost tab, and the Close Right Tab works if the cursor is in the 2nd from rightmost tab. Otherwise, neither does a thing.