I want to stop/disable Netscape Quality Feedback Agent"

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
sierrazadora

I want to stop/disable Netscape Quality Feedback Agent"

Post by sierrazadora »

How can I stop/disable this "Netscape Quality Feedback Agent"? ("talkback" "Full
Circle Software, Inc.")?
And why does this "setup wizard" keep popping up lately each time I open
windows? It is spyware-related or such?

It is annoying and I do not trust nor desire to click "next" to use this agent.
And although it says "if you do not want to run the agent right now, click "cancel", it
do NOT provide a "cancel" button!

It also says, "You can run this setup wizard by clicking on the Agent icon in Netscape

Utliities directory." But HOW do you find this "directory" anyway?(Where i personally

would rather try to disable it altogether.
#-o
LIMPET235

Re: I want to stop/disable Netscape Quality Feedback Agent"

Post by LIMPET235 »

Moving to Firefox Support...

That's the Talkback feature. It reports errors back to the devs, hopefully providing more data so that they can fix the bugs.
It's not causing Firefox to crash, it's coming up because Firefox crashed.
[Ancient Amateur Astronomer.]
Win-10-H/64 bit/500G SSD/16 Gig Ram/450Watt PSU/350WattUPS/Firefox-115.0.2/T-bird-115.3.2./SnagIt-v10.0.1/MWP-7.12.125.

(Always choose the "Custom" Install.)
tanstaafl

Post by tanstaafl »

Talkback (Quality Feedback Agent) was replaced by the Mozilla Crash Reporter in Firefox 3. See http://kb.mozillazine.org/Mozilla_Crash_Reporter for more information.

If you are using Firefox 24.0 uninstall Talkback if its listed in Tools -> Add-ons -> Extensions.
James

Post by James »

The open source Mozilla Crash Reporter was put in Firefox 3.0 to be specific as there were 3.0, 3.5 and 3.6.

This thread may be a more appropriate in SeaMonkey/Mozilla Suite section since the poster has stated to be using the ancient Netscape 7.0 in other posts in the ancient thread bumps.

sierrazadora if you want to use the suite with the composer you should consider using SeaMonkey 2.21 as the Netscape 7.0 is rather ancient and vulnerable security wise (which are known) as it was released way back in August 2002 over eleven years ago and was based on the old Mozilla 1.0.1 suite then (NS 7.1 was based on Mozilla Mozilla 1.4). Mozilla stopped supporting the suite as of 1.7.13 and the community continued the suite starting at SeaMonkey 1.0 which was based on what could have been Mozilla 1.8 suite.

http://www.seamonkey-project.org/
sierrazadora

Post by sierrazadora »

James wrote:The open source Mozilla Crash Reporter was put in Firefox 3.0 to be specific as there were 3.0, 3.5 and 3.6.

This thread may be a more appropriate in SeaMonkey/Mozilla Suite section since the poster has stated to be using the ancient Netscape 7.0 in other posts in the ancient thread bumps.

sierrazadora if you want to use the suite with the composer you should consider using SeaMonkey 2.21 as the Netscape 7.0 is rather ancient and vulnerable security wise (which are known) as it was released way back in August 2002 over eleven years ago and was based on the old Mozilla 1.0.1 suite then (NS 7.1 was based on Mozilla Mozilla 1.4). Mozilla stopped supporting the suite as of 1.7.13 and the community continued the suite starting at SeaMonkey 1.0 which was based on what could have been Mozilla 1.8 suite.

<!-- m --><a class="postlink" href="http://www.seamonkey-project.org/">http://www.seamonkey-project.org/</a><!-- m -->
thankyou so much james i will follow your advice! :)
rsx11m

Post by rsx11m »

Note that the current SeaMonkey 2.21 won't be able to import your Netscape 7.0 settings and any messages since that code was removed a while ago. Thus, you'd need at least one intermediate step with SeaMonkey 2.0 to convert the old profile format to the current one. From there, you should be able to update to the current release. Your original Netscape profile shouldn't be modified in the process, SeaMonkey will simply copy its information into a new profile specific for SeaMonkey.