FireFox theme help? (tabs)

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
ErraticFox

FireFox theme help? (tabs)

Post by ErraticFox »

I'm usually flying through when I edit websites with custom CSS scripts, that's because I have firebug telling me the css class names and what has what. Then editing firefox itself, has stumped me. I've been looking stuff up about it for the last three hours and have made no progress. I've even tried editing other themes, I'm still not finding anything out about this really. I've look about in every sticky.
patrickjdempsey

Re: FireFox theme help? (tabs)

Post by patrickjdempsey »

Can you be any more specific about what problem you are having? You can use DOM Inspector to inspect browser chrome, and the tab stuff is in browser.css in the default theme... although it uses a hinky method based on image-border stuff.
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
ErraticFox

Post by ErraticFox »

patrickjdempsey wrote:Can you be any more specific about what problem you are having? You can use DOM Inspector to inspect browser chrome, and the tab stuff is in browser.css in the default theme... although it uses a hinky method based on image-border stuff.

Well, I'm just trying to find a great easy way to get the information I need. Like right now I'm using DOM inspector and I cannot for the love of my life, find the property to change the new tab buttons border radius to 0px. This is a lot more confusing than just editing a website with Stylish.
patrickjdempsey

This is because they are using stupid border image stuff. There is no code because the curvy part is an image, not CSS. This is actually a reversion to the silly way they did it back in Firefox 2.0, before it was possible to make nice curves in CSS. The 3.x series used code to make the tabs curved, so in those you could just change one line of code. Now you have to either swap out the images, or totally create custom tabs.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
ErraticFox

Post by ErraticFox »

You'd think they would've fixed that by now... I'm trying to change the New tabs plus icon I've seen plenty of image urls displaying the image, but every time I replace the image url with mine, I either get a error or it doesn't show up..
patrickjdempsey

The "plus" icon is separate from the curved part. Are you doing this as part of an actual Theme or are you doing a userStyle?
ErraticFox

Post by ErraticFox »

patrickjdempsey wrote:The "plus" icon is separate from the curved part. Are you doing this as part of an actual Theme or are you doing a userStyle?

I'm using Stylish. I'll probably move it to userChrome once it's finished.
patrickjdempsey

It's been a long time since I played with swapping image url's via userStyle. Is this your first attempt or do you have others that work but this one doesn't?
ErraticFox

Post by ErraticFox »

patrickjdempsey wrote:It's been a long time since I played with swapping image url's via userStyle. Is this your first attempt or do you have others that work but this one doesn't?

It's my first time. Is there another way of doing this easily?
patrickjdempsey

Please post your code and the specific error message you are getting.
LoudNoise

Post by LoudNoise »

Moving to Firefox General.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
ErraticFox

Post by ErraticFox »

Alright, let's try this again...

I'm not getting any error codes (yet or anymore).

But something isn't quite working.
Like for instant, the menu bar. I'm trying to get it to have a border radius of 0px, a background of #222222 and a selected box of #505050 with a text color of #a8a8a8

This is all I have now for it:

#toolbar-menubar {
color: #a8a8a8 !important;
text-shadow: none !important;
}

#main-menubar:not(:-moz-lwtheme):not(:-moz-window-inactive)
color: #a8a8a8 !important;
border-radius: 0px !important;
}

The text color isn't working, and I don't know how to get the properties of the selected or hover box...