Two New Themes wanted for Seamonkey

Discuss application theming and theme development.
JodyThornton

Two New Themes wanted for Seamonkey

Post by JodyThornton »

I would like two themes VERY MUCH:

(a) an Internet Explorer v9/10 theme. I know Firefox has one.
(b) I really miss the Qute theme from Firefox. One of my favourites.
Cheers,
Jody Thornton
(Richmond Hill, Ontario)
LoudNoise

Re: Two New Seamonkey Themes

Post by LoudNoise »

There is a version of Qute that works with Fx 4 and above. https://addons.mozilla.org/en-us/firefo ... ustom-mod/ You might email the dev and see if he is interested in making a SeaMonkey version.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
jivko

Post by jivko »

I doubt someone is going to make a new SeaMonkey theme. SM themes are less popular than Firefox themes and now thanks to this personas crap on the Amo custom Firefox themes are almost dead. We are losing downloads and users quite fast. I don't see people making a lot or any themes for these two browsers in the future but you can contact the developer and see if he's interested to make it compatible with SM. :)
DeadDude

Post by DeadDude »

can you please change the topic of this to something that DOESN'T sound like a NEW THEME was released?

I've clicked this topic loads of times, forgetting there is NO THEME here.

Seems kinda dumb for a request for a theme to be a 'hot topic' with only 2 responses and no files.
LoudNoise

Re: Two New Themes wanted for Seamonkey

Post by LoudNoise »

Good point. Topic changed.
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
jez

Post by jez »

jivko wrote:I doubt someone is going to make a new SeaMonkey theme. SM themes are less popular than Firefox themes and now thanks to this personas crap on the Amo custom Firefox themes are almost dead. We are losing downloads and users quite fast. I don't see people making a lot or any themes for these two browsers in the future but you can contact the developer and see if he's interested to make it compatible with SM. :)

Au contraire. SeaMonkey is going to be the only thing worth making real themes for after Australis, because they have a much more reasonable and conservative approach to the UI, and haven't bought in to the "copy Chrome" idea that Firefox UX has. Ironically, its interface is far more like Firefox 3 than Firefox's is now.
== Jez ==
JodyThornton

Post by JodyThornton »

jivko wrote:I doubt someone is going to make a new SeaMonkey theme. SM themes are less popular than Firefox themes and now thanks to this personas crap on the Amo custom Firefox themes are almost dead. We are losing downloads and users quite fast. I don't see people making a lot or any themes for these two browsers in the future but you can contact the developer and see if he's interested to make it compatible with SM. :)

Tried contacting the developer for Qute. He kindly responded, but will NOT be updating his theme for SeaMonkey. D'oh!
Cheers,
Jody Thornton
(Richmond Hill, Ontario)
patrickjdempsey

Post by patrickjdempsey »

And technically speaking, the Qute theme is one that is not publicly licensed... which is why it was removed from Firefox to begin with.
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
JodyThornton

Post by JodyThornton »

Oh see, that I did not know. Interesting :)
So what is Australis? A new GUI engine for Mozilla?
Cheers,
Jody Thornton
(Richmond Hill, Ontario)
patrickjdempsey

Post by patrickjdempsey »

No, it's the new UI for Firefox. In the old numbering scheme it would probably be called Firefox 5.0. It includes some major re-purposing of icons (back/forward/urlbar/stop/reload/go will be permanently merged together), a new menu-based system replacing the addons-bars, a rewritten Customization system, in-Content Options panel, and the removal of several older features like the downloads panel.
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
JodyThornton

Post by JodyThornton »

Man! I'm starting to really miss the original releases of Firefox. I hopped on board around v0.98 and stayed until 3.5. It was exciting and yet simpler in those "early" days. I really liked the 1.x and 2.x releases.
Cheers,
Jody Thornton
(Richmond Hill, Ontario)