how to change toolbar icon color ?

Discuss application theming and theme development.
jones23

how to change toolbar icon color ?

Post by jones23 »

How do i change toolbar icon color ?
I use a theme/ persona (https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/a ... nd-aurora/) which changes the toolbar icon color to white from the standard dark ones, i guess to keep the contrast.
i want to keep them dark. i found this style: http://userstyles.org/styles/51603/fire ... hite-icons , but the download icon goes back to white after i finished and cleared a download.

is there a way to simply exchange the images files for the icons ?
Frank Lion

Re: how to change toolbar icon color ?

Post by Frank Lion »

jones23 wrote:is there a way to simply exchange the images files for the icons ?

Yes, you just contact the theme/ persona writer and ask them. In this case - https://addons.mozilla.org/de/firefox/user/mart3ll/
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
jones23

Post by jones23 »

But that would only fix the problem for that one theme ? isn't there a more general fix.
Also, I don't think the Principal Visual Designer at Mozilla Corporation Sean Martell (mart3ll) is the right guy to ask for that kind of problem. Plus my guess is designers generally don't like it when one messes with their designs.So isn't asking them to change that theme specifically to my preference is somewhat out of line ?
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

jones23 wrote:Also, I don't think the Principal Visual Designer at Mozilla Corporation Sean Martell (mart3ll) is the right guy to ask for that kind of problem.

All theme and extension authors offer support assistance to their users. It's part of the job.

jones23 wrote:Plus my guess is designers generally don't like it when one messes with their designs.So isn't asking them to change that theme specifically to my preference is somewhat out of line ?

You guess wrong. Full/CompleteTheme writers have been supplying individual specific fixes to their users for at least 9 years. As for what 'designers generally don't like', you are using a Persona that took 10 minutes to make, not like someone had just painted the ceiling of the Sistine Chapel.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
jones23

Post by jones23 »

in that case i will demand a personally customized version of this "slapped together theme" at once ! ;)
and i will redirect any angry feedback directly to you.....
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

jones23 wrote:in that case i will demand a personally customized version of this "slapped together theme" at once ! ;)
and i will redirect any angry feedback directly to you.....

Do you have 'learning difficulties' or something? I never said a word about demanding anything.

People using themes ask the theme writer nicely about any problems that they are having with those themes and theme writers will, whenever possible, help them. How hard is that to understand?

Not really getting off to a very good start here, are you?
jones23

Post by jones23 »

no, either i am not very good at expressing my sarcasm or your not very good at detecting it.....
anyway, thanks for your help. i appreciate it very much! (<- no sarcasm)
malliz
Folder@Home

Post by malliz »

Not only are you bad at sarcasm but the whole being human bit is difficult for you isn't it?
Anyway you are now way over weight and as the sun is coming up you need to be under your bridge
What sort of man would put a known criminal in charge of a major branch of government? Apart from, say, the average voter.
"Terry Pratchett"
patrickjdempsey

Post by patrickjdempsey »

You are barking up the completely wrong tree. Personas don't have the "power" to control the toolbar button color AT ALL. It's all automated by Firefox. When a Persona is loaded, Firefox detects the "average" color of the Persona to determine if it's "light" or "dark". If it is determined to be a "dark" Persona, then Firefox swaps out the images for the "light" versions. It also does/did this for certain cases using Windows Aero transparency.
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/
CatThief

Post by CatThief »

Frank Lion wrote:Do you have 'learning difficulties' or something?

OMG Frank, I absolutely adore your sarcasm!

Sorry folks, I had to say that after Frank just made me spit my iced tea all over my tablet.
Still passionate for Mozilla themes and extensions, just not actively developing them for public release anymore.
Aris

Post by Aris »

Classic Toolbar Buttons add-on offers 16 btw. 15 icon sets of toolbar button icons for Firefox btw Seamonkey and 7 icon sets for Thunderbird.
https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/cstbb/
jones23

Post by jones23 »

patrickjdempsey wrote:You are barking up the completely wrong tree. Personas don't have the "power" to control the toolbar button color AT ALL. It's all automated by Firefox. When a Persona is loaded, Firefox detects the "average" color of the Persona to determine if it's "light" or "dark". If it is determined to be a "dark" Persona, then Firefox swaps out the images for the "light" versions. It also does/did this for certain cases using Windows Aero transparency.

Aris wrote:Classic Toolbar Buttons add-on offers 16 btw. 15 icon sets of toolbar button icons for Firefox btw Seamonkey and 7 icon sets for Thunderbird.
https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/cstbb/

thanks for the information. got it solved. the extension works well.

as for the rest: if you don't have anything useful to contribute..............
patrickjdempsey

Post by patrickjdempsey »

Ok, so next time I'll leave you in ignorance.

Speaking of ignorance, please don't post in Theme Development for your user hacks or Persona-support stuff (which should be directed to Mozilla). Thank you.
Tip of the day: If it has "toolbar" in the name, it's crap.
What my avatar is about: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/seamonkey/addon/sea-fox/