[Ext] Classic Theme Restorer (for Australis UI)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Aris

[Ext] Classic Theme Restorer (for Australis UI)

Post by Aris »

This thread has been deprecated. Please use the new thread:
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=2827985

Classic Theme Restorer - Discussion Thread

Image Image
Image Image

This add-on restores squared tabs, appmenu, add-ons bar, small icon view and some old buttons on Firefox Australis UI (Windows, MacOSX, Linux).

The add-on page contains a detailed list of all CTR features.

CTR supports Firefox 29+ (Beta, Aurora, Nightly and UX) builds on Windows XP, Vista, 7, 8/8.1, Linux (KDE & GNOME UI) and MacOSX 10.8+.

Latest release: 1.1.8
https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/classicthemerestorer/
https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/classicthemerestorer/versions/1.1.8

Latest dev build: 1.1.9beta21
https://addons.mozilla.org/addon/classicthemerestorer/versions

aris-at-mozilla.blogspot.com

Recurring questions/issues

Install latest beta version
Please update to the latest beta before posting. It is possible your issue was already solved.

Combined STOP RELOAD button issue
Move stop and reload buttons from customizing area to a toolbar and place them like this:
[stop] followed by [reload]
Enable the combined option on CTRs preference window and you will get the combined stop/reload button.

Forecsatfox issue
Try to delete "forecastfox.sqlite" from profile folder. This fixes many issues, but you may lose some of its configuration.

Double click to open a new tab option
It respects browser.newtab.url in latest betas.

"appbutton on titlebar" feature
If OS titlebar is used, there is no way to use the "appbutton on titlebar".

star-button in urlbar issues
Make sure your bookmarks button (the new one with the star and the bookmarks menu) is on a toolbar, before enabling the star-button in urlbar option (just in case).
Last edited by Aris on May 2nd, 2014, 1:05 pm, edited 195 times in total.
Xetmes

Re: [Ext] Classic Theme Restorer (for Australis UI)

Post by Xetmes »

Thank You :)
psaulm119

Post by psaulm119 »

Aris, thanks.

Is there a way to get the Stop and Reload/refresh buttons to merge? In earlier editions of FF, this could be done. When I use your extension, I find that I need both. Is there some way to get these two to merge?
Paul
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

Thanks, Aris.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
Aris

Post by Aris »

psaulm119 wrote:Aris, thanks.

Is there a way to get the Stop and Reload/refresh buttons to merge? In earlier editions of FF, this could be done. When I use your extension, I find that I need both. Is there some way to get these two to merge?

I haven't looked in that yet.
psaulm119

Post by psaulm119 »

Aris wrote:
psaulm119 wrote:Aris, thanks.

I haven't looked in that yet.

OK. I'd love for that to happen. I'll follow along the development of this extension. Thanks, and get ready for being a little busy in the next couple of days. I think you're going to pick up a lot of users.
Paul
BenYeeHua

Post by BenYeeHua »

Aris wrote:Its not "bug", I just didn't add support for themes or Personas.

If you are disabling the "tabs in titlebar option" (which is a default about:config setting atm) you get back your titlebar even without CTB. Make sure to disable the appbutton on titlebar setting as it looks strange, because nothing can be placed on the titlebar toggled by that setting.

I've setup a support area for CTB, so this thread isn't spammed with CTBs discussion.

Ok, so I am here. :)
Thank for the tab bar and title bar information.

I think I might find the dev of Hide Caption Titlebar Plus for asking support.(As the Plus bring me the ability to show the title beside the menu bar without the big title bar.)
And I think he might need your support, just like the Noia 4. :)
PS:If you don't remember, just read the old review/comment, https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ws/298396/
spiritRKS1910

Post by spiritRKS1910 »

Without your add-on new Firefox is unusable.

Pleas, add new button in Customize... which comprises page title (movable button). Now when we set Tabs in titlebar we can't see full title and this moveble button will solved the problem. And add option terminating the animation in the Customize ...

Who the hell is responsible for this idiotic change?
BenYeeHua

Post by BenYeeHua »

Pleas, add new button in Customize... which comprises page title (movable button). Now when we set Tabs in titlebar we can't see full title and this moveble button will solved the problem. And add option terminating the animation in the Customize ...

lol, you are asking the same thing like me, except I want to put it beside the menu bar.

But I think I will find the dev of Hide Caption Titlebar Plus for asking support, except it is a easy jobs to add that button.
pintassilgo

Post by pintassilgo »

Thank you!

Question:

Why not use the same ids of the old interface? Status-4-Evar may become compatible... or not?

ctr_addon-bar -> addon-bar
kilara1988

Post by kilara1988 »

Thanks for this addon.I am going to use this addon for the time being until i find the strength to try and like the new Australis look.
I have few feature requests and few bugs to report.

As someone said it would be nice if we could get a moveable merged stop/refresh button like before Australis nightly.
Also tabs seem to be much shorter than before Australis nightly.Would be nice if you can make them the default length or maybe give us a choice for default or some custom size.

Those are the only major features that i am missing from your great addon.

And now for some minor feature requests.
I would like if you can make the bookmark start(the star only!) be inside the url bar(like in pre-Australis nightly) or again maybe some kind of choice.
Since i am using nightly would be nice if the Menu button could say Nightly instead of Firefox.Maybe you can detect the update channel or something to determine what version of Firefox we are using and change the text accordingly or just give us some forced text selections in the options to chose from ourselves(where we chose the color of the button).
It looks like the close buttons on tabs are different compared to pre-Australis Nightly.Would be nice if you could make them look like pre-A Nightly.I know this one is a very minor issue,but the new close buttons look thicker and are not "cut" from the top and bottom sides(don't know how to explain it better) and are kinda pricking my eyes when i look at that area.

That is my feedback from the first look at your great addon.

I just hope they don't make some big changes often that would break the addon every week or two.
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

It looks like if an addon provides only one size icon, with Australis and CTR, those icons are "large" and not scaled down when I choose Small Buttons. Example addons include Feedly and Secure Login.

On the added addon bar, it looks as though icons/buttons are a bit squeezed.

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/933/88ax.png
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
KarmaQ

Post by KarmaQ »

Aris, thanks for releasing this addon, it's most welcome.

I've only just started to investigate the capabilities and I have a question regarding tabs - not - on top. Is there a way to blend the navigation bar into the title and tab bar and to create some space between at the top of the tabs?

This is on linux
Aris

Post by Aris »

BenYeeHua wrote:...
I think I might find the dev of Hide Caption Titlebar Plus for asking support....

Yeh, lets wait and see what future HCTP changes will do.

spiritRKS1910 wrote:Pleas, add new button in Customize... which comprises page title (movable button). Now when we set Tabs in titlebar we can't see full title and this moveble button will solved the problem. And add

option terminating the animation in the Customize .....

Thanks.
The page title doesn't work that way. Its not just a toolbar item or button you can move araound.
Termination of the animation? No plans for that ;-)

pintassilgo wrote:Thank you!

Question:

Why not use the same ids of the old interface? Status-4-Evar may become compatible... or not?

ctr_addon-bar -> addon-bar

The default addon-bar id is still reserved in Australis. Creating an own toolbar using the old id doesn't work yet, but might in the future after Mozilla removes that id from Australis code.

kilara1988 wrote:Thanks for this addon.I am going to use this addon for the time being until i find the strength to try and like the new Australis look.
I have few feature requests and few bugs to report.

As someone said it would be nice if we could get a moveable merged stop/refresh button like before Australis nightly.
Also tabs seem to be much shorter than before Australis nightly.Would be nice if you can make them the default length or maybe give us a choice for default or some custom size.

Those are the only major features that i am missing from your great addon.

And now for some minor feature requests.
I would like if you can make the bookmark start(the star only!) be inside the url bar(like in pre-Australis nightly) or again maybe some kind of choice.
Since i am using nightly would be nice if the Menu button could say Nightly instead of Firefox.Maybe you can detect the update channel or something to determine what version of Firefox we are using and

change the text accordingly or just give us some forced text selections in the options to chose from ourselves(where we chose the color of the button).
It looks like the close buttons on tabs are different compared to pre-Australis Nightly.Would be nice if you could make them look like pre-A Nightly.I know this one is a very minor issue,but the new

close buttons look thicker and are not "cut" from the top and bottom sides(don't know how to explain it better) and are kinda pricking my eyes when i look at that area.

That is my feedback from the first look at your great addon.

I just hope they don't make some big changes often that would break the addon every week or two.

moveable merged stop/refresh button like before Australis nightly
I will look into this.

I could add an option for that.

bookmark start(the star only!) be inside the url bar
No plans for that. I tried it once, but it didn't work like it should -> misplaced popup, no status for already bookmarked sites etc...

Since i am using nightly would be nice if the Menu button could say Nightly instead of Firefox
This will be done for next update. It caused problems on older UX builds, but its working fine now.

It looks like the close buttons on tabs are different compared to pre-Australis Nightly
I'll look into that.

WildcatRay wrote:It looks like if an addon provides only one size icon, with Australis and CTR, those icons are "large" and not scaled down when I choose Small Buttons. Example addons include Feedly

and Secure Login.

On the added addon bar, it looks as though icons/buttons are a bit squeezed.

http://img189.imageshack.us/img189/933/88ax.png

Sadly most devs didn't use Fx predefined image sizes, so this happens now. There is no css-wise or xul-wise detection of small/large icons anymore. Adding support for every add-ons icons would be too much

work. There is also no way to set sizes for all icons at once without breaking some.

KarmaQ wrote:Aris, thanks for releasing this addon, it's most welcome.

I've only just started to investigate the capabilities and I have a question regarding tabs - not - on top. Is there a way to blend the navigation bar into the title and tab bar and to create some space between at the top of the tabs?

This is on linux

I think every Linux destribution uses own colors. This for example didn't happen on Linux Mint.

I can give you this code. It could at least make things nicer.

Code: Select all

#nav-bar{
  padding-top:4px !important;
  padding-bottom:4px !important;
  background: #282828 !important;
}
Last edited by Aris on November 20th, 2013, 3:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
Xetmes

Post by Xetmes »

@Aris

I don't see this experimental Australis Tabs in menu?! Only default and curved :P