[Ext] Classic Theme Restorer (for Australis UI)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
Zoolcar9

Re: [Ext] Classic Theme Restorer (for Australis UI)

Post by Zoolcar9 »

I have extensions that add menuitems to app menu and options menu.

On non-australis, they look like this

but they become like this on australis with CTR

Only menuitems from bootstapped extensions that could be added,
because you're using different element ids with the original.

I could live with it though (see updates below)
Thanks.

update

I just noticed the Options menu in app button is using the same id with Options menu in Tools menu (#menu_preferences).

update 2

In fact, there are multiple elements that are using the same id.
Last edited by Zoolcar9 on November 19th, 2013, 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Firefox information | Add-ons | GitHub

"With great power, comes great desire to show it off."
Aris

Post by Aris »

Caspid wrote:Aris,
Sorry, I was mistaken; draw in titlebar was being set by another add-on (Hide Tab Bar with One Tab).

Is it within the scope of this add-on to have an option to disable the nasty cloud-like tab strip background?

Not sure, if it is needed. ;-)

Code: Select all

#TabsToolbar:not(:-moz-lwtheme)::before {
     box-shadow: none !important;
   }

@Zoolcar9

If extensions are targeting speciffic ids and CTR uses them too, such gliches occur. ;)

I had to rebuild the appmenu using in the UI available menuitems, so this might happen more often.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1.0.0.20131119 dev build (dl link inside first post)

[new] French translation (thanks to Goofy & BabelZilla admin team)
[new] option to set tabs max-width to 150px (smaller than default)
[new] option to set tabs max-width to 250px like it is on non-Australis Fx
[fix] Linux: custom bf-button and moving urlbar
[fix] Windows: increased space between appbutton on titlebar and tabs on titlebar
[fix] Tabs not on top: Personas support
[change] squared tabs: restored tab-close button from previous Fx version
[change] Windows: appbutton on titlebar now displays default branch name
[change] Windows: tweaks on appbutton on titlebar
[change] add-ons bar: increased allowed icon sizes to 18 x 18 px
[change] experimental: combined stop/reload button (* not stable)

* combined reload/stop only works fine, if reload + stop buttons are placed previous to urlbar.
KarmaQ

Post by KarmaQ »

Aris wrote:
KarmaQ wrote:Aris, thanks for releasing this addon, it's most welcome.

I've only just started to investigate the capabilities and I have a question regarding tabs - not - on top. Is there a way to blend the navigation bar into the title and tab bar and to create some space between at the top of the tabs?

This is on linux

I think every Linux destitution uses own colors. This for example didn't happen on Linux mint.

I can give you this code. It could at least make things nicer.

Code: Select all

#nav-bar{
  padding-top:4px !important;
  padding-bottom:4px !important;
  background: #282828 !important;
}

Thank you for the code, what I now have is:

I think this may be a difference between distributions. I appreciate you tested on Mint and I use Arch, so I'll need to do some digging :)

By the way, some have said S4E works in conjunction with CTR, unfortunately, it doesn't for me...
Drumbrake

Post by Drumbrake »

I've seen that icons added to the addon bar look a bit smaller than usual,actually it looks like (but I may be wrong) the whole addon bar is slightly thinner:can it be made just a bit taller,perhaps manually tweaking the relevant part of the extension code?

Another thing I've sees is that custom spacers (fixed width,not the flexible ones) take a whole lot of space once dragged on the addon bar,if placed at the outmost left/right edge of it,they push the icons significantly towards the center.

I can upload a screenshot later,if needed for clarification.
kilara1988

Post by kilara1988 »

How can we access the character encoding sub-menu?It is no longer in the Web Developer menu.I even put the AUstralis settings button to try and access it from there,but the button doesn't work.Maybe it would be a good idea to add it to the classic Firefox button under Web Developer tools.

EDIT:Nvm.I can still access char encoding from Alt(show menu bar)->view->Character Encoding.
Was char encoding removed from the dev tools in the latest pre-Australis builds too?
Last edited by kilara1988 on November 20th, 2013, 4:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

Drumbrake wrote:I've seen that icons added to the addon bar look a bit smaller than usual,actually it looks like (but I may be wrong) the whole addon bar is slightly thinner:can it be made just a bit taller,perhaps manually tweaking the relevant part of the extension code?

Another thing I've sees is that custom spacers (fixed width,not the flexible ones) take a whole lot of space once dragged on the addon bar,if placed at the outmost left/right edge of it,they push the icons significantly towards the center.

I have already posted an image link that shows the addon bar issue (plus others that I have already commented on elsewhere) here.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
Edds

Post by Edds »

Aris wrote:[change] experimental: combined stop/reload button (* not stable)
* combined reload/stop only works fine, if reload + stop buttons are placed previous to urlbar.

Thank you for this, excellent work. Almost perfect old UI.
I know this reload/stop button in URL bar is not movable anymore, but isn't there any way to just make it invisible ?
Laptop: Intel Core i5 1240P | 16GB DDR4 | 500GB NVMe | 1080p | Win 11
Phone: Samsung S24 Ultra | Android 14
kilara1988

Post by kilara1988 »

Just making it invisible would look bad too since you would have an empty space after the drop down arrow.Best would be to remove it altogether if possible.
Aris

Post by Aris »

kilara1988 wrote:How can we access the character encoding sub-menu?It is no longer in the Web Developer menu.I even put the AUstralis settings button to try and access it from there,but the button doesn't work.Maybe it would be a good idea to add it to the classic Firefox button under Web Developer tools.

EDIT:Nvm.I can still access char encoding from Alt(show menu bar)->view->Character Encoding.
Was char encoding removed from the dev tools in the latest pre-Australis builds too?

Some items are not "default" menuitems and cannot be duplicated.

WildcatRay wrote:
Drumbrake wrote:I've seen that icons added to the addon bar look a bit smaller than usual,actually it looks like (but I may be wrong) the whole addon bar is slightly thinner:can it be made just a bit taller,perhaps manually tweaking the relevant part of the extension code?

I have already posted an image link that shows the addon bar issue (plus others that I have already commented on elsewhere) here.

Are buttons still sqeezed on last devbuild?

About the reload/stop buttons on urlbar: I'll add and option to hide them.
fhoshino

Post by fhoshino »

Hi, I love how classic theme restorer brings back the classic UI,
I'd like to request some functions:

1. The app button to also show the traditional menu items
like this: http://i.imgur.com/adg7zBH.png

2. The addon bar could be auto hidden and place in the url bar, show when mouse over
like this addon does: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... r/?src=api
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

Aris wrote:
WildcatRay wrote:

Are buttons still sqeezed on last devbuild?

I'm at work and don't have access to Nightly. I will try to remember to test your dev version when I get home.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
jmb74

Post by jmb74 »

Latest dev build gives a slightly misplaced close button on tabs on linux. i.e. too close to the tab edge.

TheVisitor

Post by TheVisitor »

Thanks for this addon. I have a small problem, not sure if it can be worked-around or will have to wait (likely forever) for ForecastFox to fix the addon.

I enabled the 'addon bar'
Opened Customize and drag&drop the ForecastFox Addon to the Add-on bar. All is good except:

When I enter 'Addons Panel' normally to see what addons I have ForecastFox will 'revert' back to the Customize Pallet complaining the Error Console about being too wide. ForecastFox is a 'wide' add-on due to the number of icons it can display for say 2 day's of forecast w/ days&nights enabled.

Wed Nov 20 2013 09:33:13
Error: Error: forecastfox-toolbar is too big (259.6000061035156px wide), moving to the palette
Source file: chrome://browser/content/customizableui/toolbar.xml
Line: 469

Anyway to override the 'addon too wide' limit in Australis ?

EDIT: Restarting the browser also removes ForecastFox again to the 'customize pallet'. :(
Also downloading a file caused it for whatever reason to revert back to pallet.
marty60

Post by marty60 »

This addon works real well to restore most of the way I had it. Even KrickelKrackel autohide recognizes the replaced addon bar and autohides it in full screen so it's like it was never removed.

One minor problem I'm having is that occasionally the Tabbar loads in a yellow-orange color and then other times it's completely gray. That could be probably be fixed when themes start getting written for Australis but if it stayed gray all the time the default theme would be good enough. Thanks Aris for your all your work.
irkregent

Post by irkregent »

Maybe I overlooked it, but I don't see a download link for the latest development version, either here in the forum or on the AMO page. Is it meant for public access?