[Ext] Classic Theme Restorer (for Australis UI)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
WildcatRay

Re: [Ext] Classic Theme Restorer (for Australis UI)

Post by WildcatRay »

Aris wrote:
WildcatRay wrote:
Aris wrote:@WildcatRay: max 18 x 18 px. ;-)

"Hacked" the addons with the large icons. Looks good now.

If you share the code, I will include it into next update.

Sorry. All I did was go into each addon, locate their icons, scaled them down to 18px x 18px (using Gimp) and then repack and reinstalled them.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
Edds

Post by Edds »

Aris wrote:OK I see, Win8(.1) default toolbar button background differs from Win7/Vista/XP.

Win 8(.1) uses different hover colors for small icon view and large icon view on non-Australis Fx. In Australis we only have "large icon view". The CTR option changes margins, paddings and sizes, so "large views" background colors are used for small buttons as well.

ok so is there any solution for this "issue"? e.g. via CTR, CTB or just Stylish style...
but as I said earlier, it's not a big deal, just wondering
Laptop: Intel Core i5 1240P | 16GB DDR4 | 500GB NVMe | 1080p | Win 11
Phone: Samsung S24 Ultra | Android 14
Aris

Post by Aris »

Xetmes wrote:Aris, I use this css to set font color on app menu button:

Code: Select all

#ctr_appbutton,
#ctr_appbutton2{
border-radius: 0px !important;
    font-family: Segoe UI !important;
    text-shadow: 0px 1px 0px hsla(0,35%,100%,.6),
                 0px 1px 4px hsla(0,35%,100%,.6) !important;
    font-weight: 700 !important;
    font-size: 11px !important;
    color: black  !important;
    opacity: .7 !important;
    fill: hsl(0,35%,90%) !important;
}

But I've problem with it, it is only working until next browser start, after new start it is overwritten, when I Edit code in Stlyish and apply it agian working till next browser restart, any idea why? Thanks.

CTR overwrites it, but there is another way. Use this in Stylish for text specific settings:

#ctr_appbutton2 .toolbarbutton-text{
    color: black  !important;
}

WildcatRay wrote:Sorry. All I did was go into each addon, locate their icons, scaled them down to 18px x 18px (using Gimp) and then repack and reinstalled them.

No prob. I thought you have manually changed width, height, margin or padding values to achieve this for every button id.

@ Edds:
Not yet.
Xetmes

Post by Xetmes »

Thank You very much, working like charm, I own You big beer, cheers :)
jonathanj

Post by jonathanj »

Hi,

Thank you for making this addon, it restores a lot of toolbar functionality that is missing from Australis!

However, some inconsistencies compared to previous versions of Firefox:

* Long pressing back or forward buttons doesn't pop up the history menus (I know you can right-click, but this is a habit I have not unlearned yet);
* Middle-clicking the reload button doesn't duplicate the tab.
Aris

Post by Aris »

I know, there are tons of inconsistencies in CTR.
The add-on is about recreating the most important ui features not restoring everything.

At least reload buttons middle-click feature can be easily restored and will be on next (dev) build. ;-)
TheVisitor

Post by TheVisitor »

Aris wrote:I know, there are tons of inconsistencies in CTR.
The add-on is about recreating the most important ui features not restoring everything.

At least reload buttons middle-click feature can be easily restored and will be on next (dev) build. ;-)

Mid-click 'reload' replicates the tab for me... latest m-c hourly build:
cset: https://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/rev/7225e584d6c7

Maybe the feature has been fixed ? There have been several checkins today...
Dugie

Post by Dugie »

I just installed and tried out tried out the latest Dev build (1.0.0.20131122) and I wanted to say thanks for adding in both of those options that I had requested previously.

The added back-forward dropmarker works and behaves perfectly for me, and the option to not combine the stop / reload works as expected (unchecked, they don't combine on either side). I really appreciate the work you put into this add-on, I can finally use Firefox the way I used to.

I'll definitely be following development of this add-on, you sure do fantastic work!
Drumbrake

Post by Drumbrake »

Just an observation:in my case,right-clicking on a toolbar icon to trigger the Customize popup (for icons that don't have their own menu) only works in the navigation bar,not on elements placed on the addon bar-is that how is supposed to be?

It definitely is just a (very) minor annoyance,I must say.
jonathanj

Post by jonathanj »

TheVisitor wrote:
Aris wrote:I know, there are tons of inconsistencies in CTR.

Mid-click 'reload' replicates the tab for me... latest m-c hourly build:
cset: https://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/rev/7225e584d6c7

I meant middle-clicking the new reload button that CTR allows you to add to the toolbar. The builtin reload button still functions as intended.
Aris

Post by Aris »

TheVisitor wrote:

Install initial release and middle click on custom reload and the install latest dev build and middle click it. There is a difference at least for me.

Drumbrake wrote:Just an observation:in my case,right-clicking on a toolbar icon to trigger the Customize popup (for icons that don't have their own menu) only works in the navigation bar,not on elements placed on the addon bar-is that how is supposed to be?

It definitely is just a (very) minor annoyance,I must say.

Next release will contain rightclick menu for custom addon-bar/additional toolbar and their buttons/items.
Xetmes

Post by Xetmes »

Hey Aris, I've question, I use custom theme for Win 7 (I've made it), please take a look on img, active tab have some bit darken color than my nav bar, I use in system btnface:color 234, 234, 234, I've check all my images in theme, all match this color, so maybe You can lead me with some info, it is not big deal, but more I look on this tab then i see bigger difference lol
IMG. Is resized 3 times!

Aris

Post by Aris »

Xetmes wrote:Hey Aris, I've question, I use custom theme for Win 7 (I've made it), please take a look on img, active tab have some bit darken color than my nav bar, I use in system btnface:color 234, 234, 234, I've check all my images in theme, all match this color, so maybe You can lead me with some info, it is not big deal, but more I look on this tab then i see bigger difference lol
IMG. Is resized 3 times!

CTR uses this css for squared tabs:

/*base color for all tabs in tabs_squared.css*/
   .tabbrowser-tab{
     background: linear-gradient(to top, rgba(10%,10%,10%,.4) 1px, transparent 1px), linear-gradient(transparent, hsla(0,0%,45%,.1) 1px, hsla(0,0%,32%,.2) 80%, hsla(0,0%,0%,.2)),
              linear-gradient(-moz-dialog, -moz-dialog) !important;

}
   /*aero speciffic for selected tab in ctr_os_special\winaero\classictabsextra.css */
   .tabbrowser-tab[selected="true"]:not(:-moz-lwtheme) {
     background-image: linear-gradient(to top,#eaf2fb,#eef5fc,#feffff) !important;
   }

Im not 100% sure, but the the first color in this line "background-image: linear-gradient(to top,#eaf2fb,#eef5fc,#feffff) !important;" (in this case #eaf2fb) has to match with your nav-bars color where tabs meet nav-bar. Are you using just colored images or do you use gradients line in this example?

It is also possible that CTR always overrides your color.
Xetmes

Post by Xetmes »

Hey Aris, thanks for Your answer, I'm after 2 hours of research and We/I can't do much about problem mentioned by me. problem is in Nightly it self, when You Use just normal Aero, tab bar and nav bar pick color in right way, but when i open Aero in Windows Style Builder both parts starts loos their color, for some reason Nightly don't address classes in Aero in right way, look at screen, clean untouched Aero while test, exactly same problem as I've:

I will ask about some support on WSB forum :)
EinsteinsDaddy

Post by EinsteinsDaddy »

EinsteinsDaddy wrote:Just wondering if it would be too much trouble to have the option to disable that combined button for users who like to have separate STOP and RELOAD buttons or can that be implemented? Cheers again! :D

Aris wrote:Current devbuilds have an option to disable the stop/reload button in urlbar already (-> first post of this thread).

Thanks. Build 1.0.0.20131122 does clear that up =D>
I use some my add on icons on the combined Nav+Search Bar (ABP, Greasemonkey, Right to Click etc.). The sizes of those buttons do not conform to the default or manual options set through CTR and CTB. And ALL the buttons on that Nav+Search bar - HOME, BACK/FORWARD, RELOAD, STOP (using them separately) are resized to match the size of the (much larger) add-on buttons. :(

I'm given to understand that some Add-on devs specify their icon sizes (and hence override CTB) options, but that doesn't seem to happen in the pre-Australis versions, where the default Mozilla code overrides everything else (I presume). Is there a way that can be accomplished in Australis? :-k

Also, just wondering if you have any thoughts of combining CTR and CTB into a single add on? (Like a CTR+ or something)? 'Cuz unless used in tandem, seems like not all the options are available. :P