Frank Lion wrote:...

Code: Select all

/*Frank Tabs back to Bottom....*/
#TabsToolbar {
-moz-box-ordinal-group: 2 !important;
}
#addon-bar {
-moz-box-ordinal-group: 3 !important;}

Added to ~/chrome/UserChrome.css... Works as advertised...
Thanks!

Now, how about the height of these huge toolbars?
do you have a snippet for adjusting the height of the tab and nav bars?

Thanks You!
Landis.
'Microsucks' made me nuts, Linux is making me crazy...
...at least with Linux, I can afford the therapy.. : )
openSuSE | KDE | enlightenment | mozilla Aurora 55 / Nightly 106 Konqueror /Opera/ Aurora Dev Ed | Now, down to Firefox 45 52 ESR as the 'new' direction... sxxxs!
Lunar

Re: browser.tabs.onTop not working

Post by Lunar »

* Do not remove the @namespace line -- it's required for correct functioning */
@namespace url("http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul"); /* set default namespace to XUL */

#4. Save that file within your new chrome folder and save the file as userChrome.css. Note how I've written that, because it must be exactly the same.
Any questions, just ask.

Thank YOU!
I have a userChrome.css, but it was empty. No 'namespace' declaration, nothing.
I'm going to add it and see what happens. fyi, it seems to have worked without it, having just added your above moz- code.

*note, i've read the kb on userChrome before, several times, but it never made sense until now, have a real life example of what i am trying to accomplish to use as a reference... Thanks.

Landis.
p.s. do you mind if I use your code in a post I will surly post on one of my sites, bitching about the 'new' ui?
either at LandisTwo or LandisReed
openSuSE | KDE | enlightenment | mozilla Aurora 55 / Nightly 106 Konqueror /Opera/ Aurora Dev Ed | Now, down to Firefox 45 52 ESR as the 'new' direction... sxxxs!
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

Lunar wrote:Now, how about the height of these huge toolbars?
do you have a snippet for adjusting the height of the tab and nav bars?

Thanks You!
Landis.

Well, my Australis build blew up on me (started crashing on startup) so I'm back on 17esr, so I'll have to guess this one.

I'm reckoning the problem is the same as always on Mozilla default themes - massive top/bottom padding on the toolbars, no idea why they do that. So..

/*Frank Nav Bar height fix...*/
#nav-bar {
   min-width: 10px;
   min-height: 10px;
   padding-top: 0px  !important;
        padding-bottom: 0px !important;}

The navbar should then flex only to the height of the highest button/other stuff on it and no more. If it looks squeezed, then put a 1px or 2px padding in instead.

The tabs are harder, because if you reduce the height too much then you'll wreck the left/right curves (damned if I can remember if those are images or css on Australis). But I have a code snippet that simulates those Australis tabs on 17, so I'll enable that and check it out.

It won't take long and I'll be back in a short while..........

Edit - this *should* do it -

/*Frank Guess at reducing Tab Height....*/
#TabsToolbar {
  max-height : 25px !important;}

Btw - to other people - don't mess about with margin or padding commands in the tabbar area as it ***** up the pinned tab side.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

Lunar wrote:No 'namespace' declaration, nothing.
I'm going to add it and see what happens. fyi, it seems to have worked without it

The reason it is put in is to stop that code in that file affecting web content pages, which it could without that XUL namespace line...I seem to remember.

p.s. do you mind if I use your code in a post I will surly post on one of my sites, bitching about the 'new' ui?
either at LandisTwo or LandisReed

No problem at all, if I didn't want it shared around then I would make it public.

Leave the word 'Frank' in at the start though, as it help me remember in years time, when people ask for help, whether I'm adjusting my code or someone else's.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

It won't take long and I'll be back in a short while..........

Edit - this *should* do it -

/*Frank Guess at reducing Tab Height....*/
#TabsToolbar {
  max-height : 25px !important;}

Thank YOU again,
I'm trying both toolbar sizing snippets now.. let you know how it goes.

Landis
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Frank,
the radius corners on the tabs must be css, as they are still smooth with tabs resized using your code as is...

I don't see a change in the nav bar, so i'm going to adjust those numbers (px)..

Thanks.
Landis.

Now.... lol, would you help me put a button to my keyboard code for showing and hiding the Navbar.
I got the show - hide keyboard code to work with a button, but the hide nav seems much more difficult. Like i said, the keyboard function works well, currently I have it set to use Ctrl+Alt+D (similar to Alt+D to activate nav form during normal ops). -- No pressure, no obligation -- It OK to say NO... : )
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Frank,
I tried 22px for the tabs bar.. It's a good height for me, but the titles start to get swashed, so I upped it to 24px.. Thanks.

the Navbar does not seem to be adjusting. Is there a setting to reduce the icon size (like the one that Used to be able to choose (use small icons) in toolbar customization section)

Also, what is the css ID of the Bookmarks Bar? (like you gave me for #TabsToolbar...

Thanks Again,
Landis.
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

Lunar wrote: It OK to say NO... : )

NO :) ..and that's because I can't see what I'm doing. I fix this stuff all the time and quickly, but that's because, err, I can see the Firefox build (both by eye and the DOM Inspector) that I'm fixing. With my Australis blown up, I'm guessing.

Still...looking at the omni.ja and browser.ja in the Australis app itself, I reckon the Nav Bar isn't reducing height because of the padding on the toolbarbuttons themselves. Try this -

toolbarbutton {
  padding-top: 0px !important;
  padding-bottom: 0px !important;}

Also, what is the css ID of the Bookmarks Bar?

#PersonalToolbar

Edit - now got Australis working again (yet another wrecked profile) I'll look if anything else is needed here, after a break. Must say, theming totally blind is quite fun though. :)
Lunar

Post by Lunar »

Frank,
found the bookmarks toolbar ID

#PlacesToolbarItems

Now for size..
Landis.
phuzi0n

Post by phuzi0n »

phuzi0n wrote:How can I get the URL bar to use aero styling again? It looks weird having a transparent title bar, an opaque URL bar, and then transparent tab bar.

I managed to turn back on aero styling for the nav bar and bookmarks bar but there's still a 1 px line under the menu bar that I can't find the cause of (tried getting rid of border/margins/paddings on all the toolbars) and it doesn't have the "hazy" background under bookmark bar text like it used to.

#nav-bar , #PersonalToolbar{
-moz-appearance: -moz-win-glass !important;
background: transparent !important;
}
srazzano

Post by srazzano »

I changed to this code for bringing the urlbar back on top:

#nav-bar, #PersonalToolbar, #addon-bar {
-moz-box-ordinal-group: 0 !important;
}
#TabsToolbar {
margin-bottom: -2px !important;
}

If you have other toolbars, add their id to the -moz-box-ordinal-group: 0 !important; block.
Sonny
jage

Post by jage »

Frank Lion wrote:#2. Now open a simple text editor, like gedit, new file and paste this in right at the top -

The code with #2 seems to be missing an opening / for the comment.

That said, I nothing works.

1. Create userChrome.css in D:\Users\master\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\wzzihakz.default
2. create the following code in TextPad:

/ * Do not remove the @namespace line -- it's required for correct functioning */
@namespace url("http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul"); /* set default namespace to XUL */

/*Frank Tabs back to Bottom....*/
#TabsToolbar {
-moz-box-ordinal-group: 2 !important;
}
#addon-bar {
-moz-box-ordinal-group: 3 !important;}

That is entire userChrome.css file.

3. Save, close nightly, open nightly

Nothing changes.

I've tried UserChrome.css and tried putting in other code snippits from this thread. Nothing changes in nightly. I don't have any themes installed. I've never been able to get a userChrome.css to work and there are not userChrome.css on my computer before creating this one (well that windows found anyway).

I don't know what wzzihakz.default is, but I don't have a username/profile folder below appdata. (*master)

Looking for quick as possible I've already wasted enough time messing with this, thanks for everybody helping!
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

jage wrote:That said, I nothing works.

1. Create userChrome.css in D:\Users\master\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\wzzihakz.default
2. create the following code in TextPad:
3. Save, close nightly, open nightly

Nothing changes.

I've tried UserChrome.css and tried putting in other code snippits from this thread. Nothing changes in nightly. I don't have any themes installed. I've never been able to get a userChrome.css to work

If you only ever skim read when I give advice on something then you will get problems.

Try reading it again, but more slowly this time - viewtopic.php?p=13199039#p13199039
gromium

Post by gromium »

In other words, jage, you missed the part about /chrome directory.
Folding@home - help develop cure for cancer or Alzheimer's. Join in. Make a difference.
Viewing this forum with a dark userstyle - phpbb-dark-blue-simple (screenshot)
jage

Post by jage »

Frank Lion wrote:#1. Go to .mozilla (hidden file in your Home/You directory) and keep opening up in there until you get to your profile. In the profile folder, make a New Folder called chrome.

I've tried it in the Profile folder and in the wzzihakz.default "profile" folder. To wit:
D:\Users\master\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\wzzihakz.default\chrome\userChrome.css
and
D:\Users\master\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\chrome\userChrome.css

And no effect.

I'm sorry I'm confused by this, I feel like I must be missing something else terribly obvious, which is why I'm being verbose. Having two screaming 4 month babies and not having slept for as long does not help. Like I said, I do really appreciate all the advice, and others have clearly been helped by the thread I just can't seem to figure out what I'm missing.