[Ext] Classic Theme Restorer (for Australis UI)

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
johnp_

Re: [Ext] Classic Theme Restorer (for Australis UI)

Post by johnp_ »

Hey Aris, thank you for this great extension.
I only have two things bothering me a little bit:

1. Unfortunately the App Button has some margin to the left screen edge... Previously I could just point my mouse to the upper left screen corner and click to open the App Button Menu. Now I have to correct my pointer position a bit to the right each time I want to click on the App Button. At least on fullscreen I would recommend to place the button in the corner without a margin.

2. My favorite Addon-/Find-Bar styling unfortunately doesn't work any more correctly and looks a bit weird. Could you look into the CSS and see why it doesn't work anymore correctly with your Add-On?
I was previously using #4, but most important would be fixing the color, the size and the opacity change. I don't really know if your addon uses other CSS identifiers in comparison to the old original addon bar... Probably it would be good to publish a short writeup about the changed ids if there are any.
Link: http://userstyles.org/styles/55623/fire ... status-bar

Thank you for your time :)
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

I am looking to reduce the gap between the title bar and tab bar, but do not know what the proper attribute is to then apply a style to. Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
thenitpicker

Post by thenitpicker »

WildcatRay wrote:Image

I am looking to reduce the gap between the title bar and tab bar, but do not know what the proper attribute is to then apply a style to. Any suggestions would be welcome. Thanks.

#TabsToolbar {margin-top:0 !important;}
thenitpicker

Post by thenitpicker »

or a negative value if you want even less gap (the default gap is 15px)
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

ntim007 wrote:

Thanks. I also have the Firefox Menu Button and when applying a negative value, tabs move up, but not the button. :-k

Any thoughts on what attribute would refer to the area where the title is? So far, #Titlebar and #TitleToolbar are not it.
Ray

OS'es: 4 computers with Win10 Pro 64-bit; Current Firefox, Beta, Nightly, Chrome, Vivaldi
thenitpicker

Post by thenitpicker »

WildcatRay wrote:
ntim007 wrote:

Thanks. I also have the Firefox Menu Button and when applying a negative value, tabs move up, but not the button. :-k

Any thoughts on what attribute would refer to the area where the title is? So far, #Titlebar and #TitleToolbar are not it.

Go to chrome://browser/content/ then use the Firefox developer tools (Ctrl+Shift+I) to get the toolbar ids ;)
The titlebar id is simply #titlebar
Aris

Post by Aris »

Before there was a splitmenu item, that could handle a menuitem+sub menu. This element got removed, so I could either add one menuitem + another menu item, that opens the submenu, in a row or one below the other.

WildcatRay wrote:BTW-If you still have the Fx Menu Button, is anyone else seeing this? Under the Fx menu button, the highlight on mouse hover of items like Print, Web Developer, Bookmarks, History, Options and Help no longer reaches the highlighting on the arrows to their left.

jpshadow wrote:Hey Aris, thank you for this great extension.
I only have two things bothering me a little bit:

1. Unfortunately the App Button has some margin to the left screen edge... Previously I could just point my mouse to the upper left screen corner and click to open the App Button Menu. Now I have to correct my pointer position a bit to the right each time I want to click on the App Button. At least on fullscreen I would recommend to place the button in the corner without a margin.

2. My favorite Addon-/Find-Bar styling unfortunately doesn't work any more correctly and looks a bit weird. Could you look into the CSS and see why it doesn't work anymore correctly with your Add-On?
I was previously using #4, but most important would be fixing the color, the size and the opacity change. I don't really know if your addon uses other CSS identifiers in comparison to the old original addon bar... Probably it would be good to publish a short writeup about the changed ids if there are any.
Link: http://userstyles.org/styles/55623/fire ... status-bar

Thank you for your time :)

1. This will be fixed.

2. This css scipt is way too outdated: -moz prefixes are not supported, #Findbar id does not exist anymore etc. It is also not compatible to CTR, because CTR uses a different add-on bar id and there is no status bar.

All I can is to make some colors working:

Code: Select all

@namespace url(http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul);

#ctr_addon-bar {
  background:linear-gradient(rgba(255,255,255,0), rgba(200,200,200,0))!important;
}

#ctr_addon-bar, #ctr_addon-bar, #browser-bottombox {
  outline:none!important;
  border:none!important;
}

#ctr_addon-bar > toolbarbutton, #ctr_addon-bar > toolbaritem {
  padding: 1px;
  min-height:26px!important;
  max-height:26px!important;
  height:26px!important;
  vertical-align: middle;
  background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(255,255,255,0), rgba(200,200,200,0))!important;
}

#ctr_addon-bar {
  border-top:1px solid #A3A3A3!important;
  border-right:1px solid #A3A3A3!important;
  border-bottom:1px solid #A3A3A3!important;
  border-left:1px solid #A3A3A3!important;
  position:relative;
  transition:bottom 0.25s 0.5s ease-in, opacity 0.1s 0.65s ease-in, right 0.01s 0.75s!important;
  border-radius: 0px!important;
  background-image:linear-gradient(rgba(255,255,255,1), rgba(200,200,200,1))!important;
}

#ctr_addon-bar box {
}

#ctr_addon-bar toolbarbutton:hover{
  background:linear-gradient(rgba(219,221,223,1), rgba(163,163,163,0.4))!important;
  outline:none!important;
}

The style dev maybe should add support for new Fx UI.

WildcatRay wrote:
ntim007 wrote:

The titlebar you are refering to is not a default toolbar anymore. Its id is not #titlebar. You can't access or edit it or place something on it. The appbutton isn't moving up, because it already is on the highest possible position. Anything above is the titlebar. I recommend to use the appbutton on toolbar option and move the appbutton before the first tab.

Thats the best you can get:

#TabsToolbar{
margin-top:-2px !important;
}
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

Aris wrote:
WildcatRay wrote:Thanks. I also have the Firefox Menu Button and when applying a negative value, tabs move up, but not the button. :-k

The titlebar you are refering to is not a default toolbar anymore. Its id is not #titlebar. You can't access or edit it or place something on it. The appbutton isn't moving up, because it already is on the highest possible position. Anything above is the titlebar. I recommend to use the appbutton on toolbar option and move the appbutton before the first tab.

Thats the best you can get:

#TabsToolbar{
margin-top:-2px !important;
}

It turns out that the appbutton in the tabs bar is what was causing the gap between the title bar and the tabs bar. Once I switched the appbutton option. it is now the same height as the other Fx versions that are pre-Australis. Thanks.
Ray

Aris

Post by Aris »

ntim007 wrote:@Aris , can you add this tab style : http://people.mozilla.org/~shorlander/b ... verlay.png ?

Maybe sometime in the future. These tabs need to be create from images I don't have.
StinDaWg

Post by StinDaWg »

jpshadow wrote:1. Unfortunately the App Button has some margin to the left screen edge... Previously I could just point my mouse to the upper left screen corner and click to open the App Button Menu. Now I have to correct my pointer position a bit to the right each time I want to click on the App Button. At least on fullscreen I would recommend to place the button in the corner without a margin.

I agree. I have the back button in the upper left corner and noticed this right away.
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

The addon bar is approximately 25% shorter than in the pre-Australis theme. Any plans to increase it's height?
Ray

Aris

Post by Aris »

@StinDaWg
Todays devbuild fixes that.

@WildcatRay
Are you sure this is not caused by some add-ons buttons/items?
With default buttons/items CTR add-on bar is even 1px higher than on pre-Australis (Windows 7).
WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

Aris wrote:@WildcatRay
Are you sure this is not caused by some add-ons buttons/items?
With default buttons/items CTR add-on bar is even 1px higher than on pre-Australis (Windows 7).

(Using a new profile) With only CTR enabled, my addon bar is still shorter than in other Fx (Aurora) on Win7. Don't know why that might be so.
Ray

WildcatRay

Post by WildcatRay »

Well, I figured out the following CSS code to get the addon bar height comparable to others.

Code: Select all

@namespace url(http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul);

@-moz-document url(chrome://browser/content/browser.xul) {

#main-window:not([inFullscreen]) #ctr_addon-bar {
   min-height:28px !important;
   }
}
Ray

marty60

Post by marty60 »

With the 0131125 build the reload/stop combo button moves to the Menu bar but you don't see the icon, even though it does work. Is it now intended that it only be placed on the Nav bar? For now I've gone back to the previous build.