netscape navigator mails

User Help for Seamonkey and Mozilla Suite
helpdesk2013

netscape navigator mails

Post by helpdesk2013 »

Hi,

I'm using Netscape navigator mails application, due to mail box size exceeded in INBOX i created a new profile and the mails got downloaded. But i cant able to view the mail in the preview pane. After Restarting PC i can able to read mails, Then after i found the last three 3months mails are missing in inbox. I have searched it in the trash folder also but it is empty. Even it is not in the web mail also.

We bought "search and recovery tool version 5.4.12.61" to recovery the mail, installed it in the another PC and i configure the mail in Netscape and deleted the 6 months mail and all the mails are recovered. After I did the same in my PC and i got this error while recovery " There was an error attempting to open the selected mailbox. Please ensure that Netscape is closed" but already i close the Netscape mail application service.

kindly help me to resolved this issue....

By
Anand
LoudNoise

Re: netscape navigator mails

Post by LoudNoise »

Moving to Seamonkey support because they may know.

Why for heaven's sake are you still using Netscape?
Post wrangler
"Choose between the Food Select Feature or other Functions. If no food or function is chosen, Toast is the default."
couldabeen

Post by couldabeen »

helpdesk2013 wrote:Hi,
After I did the same in my PC and i got this error while recovery " There was an error attempting to open the selected mailbox. Please ensure that Netscape is closed" but already i close the Netscape mail application service.
Anand

The error message indicates that your Netscape client is still running. Probably in the background where you can't see it, or is an 'orphan' process that didn't close properly.
Try this.
Hit the CTRL-ALT-DEL keys at the same time. That should open a small window called 'Task Manager' In the 'Processes' tab of that small window, look for Netscape in the list. IF it is there, Highlight it(click but no double click) and then click on the END PROCESS icon at the bottom of the Task manager window.
BE CAREFULL!! to NOT 'End Process' on anything else! IF Netscape does not show up, close the Task Manager to avoid an accident waiting to happen!

I would highly recommend you install Thunderbird to replace the Netscape email client. It is old and there is just not any support for it anymore.
Thunderbird can be downloaded form here>>> https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/?icn=tabz
Free Your Mind, And Your A$$ Will Follow - Funkadelic, 1970
helpdesk2013

Post by helpdesk2013 »

Hi

Thanks for your suggestion.

I have checked the process in task manages you have said, but there is no Netscape process in the process tab after closing Netscape navigator. but still we are getting same error.
Kindly help us.
couldabeen

Post by couldabeen »

Sorry, I wish I could, but that was the only thing I could see that may be causing your problem.
EDIT>>>> Look in that new profile and make sure there is NOT a 'parent.lock' file.

Hard to accept, but you may have to BACKUP the emails you are able to read and remove Netscape completely. We've all been through it once or more.
My suggestion is to remove Netscape and install either Mozilla Thunderbird or Seamonkey and accept the fact you have lost emails. Again, hard to accept. I don't know what else to look for.

OR>> install Mozilla Thunderbird or Seamonkey and hopefully they will 'find' the emails that Netscape still has(but I doubt it will find Netscape! Too old!)
https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/thunderbird/?icn=tabz Thunderbird download link
http://www.seamonkey-project.org/releases/ Seamonkey Download link(Seamonkey is a suite of clients like Netscape was).
Free Your Mind, And Your A$$ Will Follow - Funkadelic, 1970
raj_bhaskar

Post by raj_bhaskar »

OR>> install Mozilla Thunderbird or Seamonkey and hopefully they will 'find' the emails that Netscape still has(but I doubt it will find Netscape! Too old!)

If memory serves, current SeaMonkey removed the import of old Netscape profiles. I think the best thing to do would be to install SeaMonkey 2.0, which should detect and be able to import Netscape profiles, and then upgrade to the current version. Whatever you do, make sure you backup the profile first!