[EXT] Download Status Bar

Announce and Discuss the Latest Theme and Extension Releases.
The Grinch

Re: [EXT] Download Status Bar

Post by The Grinch »

Thanks for 1.7.9, automatic close is working fine now. Only bug I can find right now is the cancel which doesn't work, it only pauses the download.
xadiCanione

Post by xadiCanione »

the-edmeister wrote:xadiCanione.

You may want to move this to the top of the About this Add-on paragraph.
You can get more detailed support from Mozillazine topic:
viewtopic.php?f=48&t=2782661

Too many people are using the Reviews section for what I consider support questions, feature suggestions, and general complaints; consequently the ratings are skewed lower than what (IMO) this extension deserves. I think that most users don't see the Support site hyperlink in the right-hand column.

Please add some screenshots to the download page, to show potential users what the Downloads Bar looks like.
I would like to see some way of opening the Downloads bar without doing a download; via keyboard or a toolbar button.

Also, you might mention that it is designed for the upcoming Australis / UX interface, and "works" with the existing interface. Or at least that is my appraisal of the situation.

Ed

Hi the-edmeister,

Thanks for the suggestions. I moved up the support link to the top section .

I also uploaded v1.8.1 which includes a key to toggle download bar.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ions/1.8.1

✓ Key to toggle Download Bar = CTRL + ALT + D for Windows / CMD + ALT + D for Mac
✓ Go to Download Page
✓ Copy Download Link
Centauri39

Post by Centauri39 »

@ xadiCanione
I just wanted to send you the german files for the local folder, but in your profile I cannot find any option to attach files to a PM or e-mail.
How would you like me to contact you, please?

Let me add, I'm not sure about the translation of this option...

Code: Select all

<!ENTITY downloadbaropt.shwddbbrbttn "Show Add-on Bar Button">

To be able to translate it properly, what exactly is it doing, please?
xadiCanione

Post by xadiCanione »

The Grinch wrote:Thanks for 1.7.9, automatic close is working fine now. Only bug I can find right now is the cancel which doesn't work, it only pauses the download.

Hi The Grinch,

Thank you very much for reporting this. I am on it and I will try to fix it for next versions.

Cheers
xadiCanione

Post by xadiCanione »

Centauri39 wrote:@ xadiCanione
I just wanted to send you the german files for the local folder, but in your profile I cannot find any option to attach files to a PM or e-mail.
How would you like me to contact you, please?

Let me add, I'm not sure about the translation of this option...

<!ENTITY downloadbaropt.shwddbbrbttn "Show Add-on Bar Button">

To be able to translate it properly, what exactly is it doing, please?

Hi Centauri39,

Thank you so much for helping on translations. You can paste the strings as code to this topic. Or I can send you my email so that you can mail them as attachment.

Cheers
Lion7718

Post by Lion7718 »

xadiCanione wrote:
Lion7718 wrote:Needs to have it in the Add-ons Manager...like other add-ons.

Hi Lion7718, thanks for suggestion. I added Options button in Add-ons Manager. Could you review it?

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... ions/1.7.9

Thanks, you doing a good job with this add-on so far...and very quick updates too.
I know you want to make it your own, but it would be great if it had more options from the old DSB.

Here is a screenshot from DSB, the 1 marked in red would be great if you can add it also.
circcc

Post by circcc »

please add 'Play sound when download completes' option like DSB.
Thanks.
SiamIam

Post by SiamIam »

I think this is going in the right direction and with the new 1.8.1

I notice now with the update that it does not stretch the screen anymore when you get multiple download. Either long file names or just a lot downloads were doing that before the latest update.
I would like to see a couple things added.

1) With what I mentioned before with the long file names or a lot of downloads on the bar at the same time I noticed that it will only show a 3-4 when I just went through and downloaded 15-20 items. Is it possible to have the boxes re-size themselves to all fit onto the bar so you can see them all? I am thinking kinda like how Windows does on the taskbar and will shrinks and resizes to fit everything onto the bar.

2) As a option to be able to turn on an option for % done of the download.

3) An option to right click on the download to cancel the download. I saw that there was a clear but that just clears it off the bar and I still have to go to the Firefox downloads to cancel it.

Thanks again for your hard work!
Centauri39

Post by Centauri39 »

Could it be, something went wrong in 1.8.1?
After installing, there are no downloads showing in the bar anymore.
The bar itself is there though.

About the option I was asking you, I cannot find it anywhere.
I mean, it's present in the file but it doesn't appear anywhere in the bar or its options.

Here are my translations (without any warranty :wink: ) :

Attention, there are some umlauts in the strings...

browserOverlay.dtd

<!ENTITY downloadbar.lnch "Öffnen">
<!ENTITY downloadbar.shwfl "Zeige Datei">
<!ENTITY downloadbar.shwmngr "Zeige Manager">
<!ENTITY downloadbar.cncl "Abbrechen">
<!ENTITY downloadbar.strt "Starten">
<!ENTITY downloadbar.clr "Leeren">
<!ENTITY downloadbar.clsbr "Leiste schließen">
<!ENTITY downloadbar.clrlldwnlds "Alle Downloads leeren">
<!ENTITY downloadbar.dwnlds "Downloads">
<!ENTITY downloadbar.vrscn "Virenscan">
<!ENTITY downloadbar.clrll "Alle leeren">
<!ENTITY downloadbar.pndwnldtb "Öffne Download-Tab">

browserOverlay.properties

extensions.{6c28e999-e900-4635-a39d-b1ec90ba0c0f}.description=Download Status Bar für Firefox 26.
vrscnnrlnfrst=Bitte einen Virenscanner bestimmen zum scannen.
vrscnnrlnsnd=Möchten Sie nun einen Virenscanner zuordnen?
lctvrsscnnr=Finde Virenscanner

options.dtd

<!ENTITY downloadbaropt.ptns "Optionen">
<!ENTITY downloadbaropt.clrrftrlnch "Download-Eintrag entfernen, wenn gestartet">
<!ENTITY downloadbaropt.clrrftrshw "Download-Eintrag entfernen, wenn Datei gezeigt">
<!ENTITY downloadbaropt.shwddbbrbttn "Zeige Button der Add-on-Leiste">
<!ENTITY downloadbaropt.attclswhndlcmp "Downloadleiste automatisch schließen, wenn alle Downloads fertig">
<!ENTITY downloadbaropt.pnftrdwncmp "Downloadordner automatisch öffnen, wenn Download fertig">
<!ENTITY downloadbaropt.clr "Farbe">
<!ENTITY downloadbaropt.dwnprgrssclr "Farbe Fortschrittsbalken">
<!ENTITY downloadbaropt.dwntxtclr "Farbe Download-Text">
<!ENTITY downloadbaropt.vrscn "Virus-Scan">
<!ENTITY downloadbaropt.vrscnnrpth "Scanner-Pfad">
<!ENTITY downloadbaropt.vrscnlct "Finde">
<!ENTITY downloadbaropt.dsbscnfltyps "Diese Dateitypen nicht scannen">
<!ENTITY downloadbaropt.ttscndwnldfl "Gedownloadete Dateien automatisch scannen">

Maybe I have to chose some shorter translations, after knowing what it looks like atm.
Spike123

Post by Spike123 »

xadiCanione thanks for your work

i have some suggestions if not to hard to make

1. is it possible to keep the download bar history after close/open firefox? In Ds 0.9.10 is the option "Keep download history" and for me is really handy to have it
2. option to Delete a file right from the download file bar (like DS has that option), very handy to a quick delete after running something
3. option to configure the text length of the download file bar, in DS downloads file bar was smaller. If possible to make such a option basically if a user choose to change the text length trim the file text, keep the download speed and % untouched and make the full download file bar size accordantly

keep the good work
the-edmeister

Post by the-edmeister »

Thanks for the "toggle" to open / close the Downloads bar.

Ed
A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.
joeg
Location: How can you be in two places at once, when you're not anywhere at all?

Post by joeg »

As I've written in my little "review" of version 1.8.1, the work that's been put into this in only a couple of days has been absolutely amazing - and effective!!!

Thank you very, very much.
Although every day is Judgment Day, I nonetheless feel like a room without a roof.
the-edmeister

Post by the-edmeister »

I just found a glitch with Download Status Bar and Classic Theme Restorer. The Downloads Bar appears below the Status Bar that is added by CTR on Australis / UX, whereas on Firefox 26 the Downloads Bar appear above the Status Bar that is added by Status-4-Evar. Preferable (to me at least) is to have the Downloads Bar appear above the add-on or "restored" Status Bar.

Classic Theme Restorer may become a very popular extension when UX sees the light of day, so you may want to take that extension into consideration when working on Download Status Bar. Although at this point I'm not intending on using CTR, so that isn't a "show stopper" for me.

Ed
A mind is a terrible thing to waste. Mine has wandered off and I'm out looking for it.
Centauri39

Post by Centauri39 »

Never mind, what I wrote here, please:

Could it be, something went wrong in 1.8.1?
After installing, there are no downloads showing in the bar anymore.
The bar itself is there though.

Got no idea why, but obviously, my FF got stuck somehow.

After restarting FF the bar returned to its normal behaviour. :)
the_new_guy

Post by the_new_guy »

I've got to say that xadiCanione has done an amazing job, and the community support is great as well.

But I was wondering if there could be a "Mini Mode" option as well. This may sound similar to FF's default download notification option, but the old DSB add-on's option was much more flexible and took up less space for a bigger download list than what Mozilla's default allows.

I understand that none of this can be done easily, but I am willing to be patient and understanding to the undertaking of building this add-on.

Thanks!