Firefox 26 browser.download.useToolkitUI

Discussion of general topics about Mozilla Firefox
James

Re: Firefox 26 browser.download.useToolkitUI

Post by James »

All you did was SPAM three bugs by the way. And see https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/page.cgi?id=etiquette.html

And this change was made as of Firefox 26.0b1 (of ten beta's) so it was known some almost six weeks before Release.
Daikun

Post by Daikun »

Shouldn't discussion go here now?
Frank Lion

Post by Frank Lion »

Daikun wrote:Shouldn't discussion go here now?

Nope, that is the Support Forum, which is just for user support, not discussion.

Actually, this thread should now go here - viewforum.php?f=7 as FF26 is now a Release version.
"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil, is for good men to do nothing." - Edmund Burke (attrib.)
DanRaisch

Post by DanRaisch »

Agreed. Moving to Firefox General.
marty60

Post by marty60 »

JoeG wrote:Could I call your attention to this -> viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2761817

The offer's still good.

Joe have you considered using something like the DownThemAll! addon for now? It downloads in the old mozilla-style box and does it a lot faster since it's an accelerator. I wouldn't think of using anything else even if someone wrote an extension to bring the old built-in one back. Just a thought in case you haven't tried it yet.
James

Post by James »

marty60 wrote:Joe have you considered using something like the DownThemAll! addon for now? It downloads in the old mozilla-style box and does it a lot faster since it's an accelerator. I wouldn't think of using anything else even if someone wrote an extension to bring the old built-in one back.

DownThemAll does not work well with all sites and servers though. Also see https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/downloads-window/
marty60

Post by marty60 »

@James, so far I haven't experienced any problems with DTA but I'm going to install that other addon for backup just in case.
kukla

Post by kukla »

Cool, appears to bring the old DL window back. Pretty soon the entire Firefox UI will consist only of hundreds of Add-ons to restore everything the geniuses at Mozilla are ripping out. We'll start calling it Add-onFox.